What's new

New Zealand and Pakistan in the ODI and T20 series

1019757-CartoonSabirNazarthJanuary-1453136074-738-640x480.JPG

1-1
Kiwis just teach a lesson to Shaheens that how a strong opening pair is important for a team, win or loss is part of game more important is not repeat same mistake agains for next match. Where is our spinner squad?
very poor strategy of Pakistani batsman in second match. we spectators even know that grounds in Zeeland are very small and new zealand batsman play aggressive cricket but Pakistani batsman were scoring 5/6 runs per over in first ten overs which is not enough even for 50 overs game. They needed to bat aggressively if they had intention of win but shazad, maqsood and malik wasted so many balls and i already knew that they will lose it when scored 60 runs in 10 overs..only attacking aggressive cricket will let you win matches in new zelands otherwise forget about winning if you are defensive

very poor strategy of Pakistani batsman in second match. we spectators even know that grounds in Zeeland are very small and new zealand batsman play aggressive cricket but Pakistani batsman were scoring 5/6 runs per over in first ten overs which is not enough even for 50 overs game. They needed to bat aggressively if they had intention of win but shazad, maqsood and malik wasted so many balls and i already knew that they will lose it when scored 60 runs in 10 overs..only attacking aggressive cricket will let you win matches in new zelands otherwise forget about winning if you are defensive
Right!
Score around 160 to 170 is nothing in Aust or NZ grounds in T20, I was reading a comment by some team member that we are looking forward for 170 and I was OH NO! other day Gayle score 50 in 12 balls:undecided: fast bowling can't help u much in T20 as bowl come fast and goes fast when hit it.
Score over then 180 if interested in win the match:tup:

3rd T20: Wahab recovers to fire against the Kiwis

1030970-wahab-1453284446-852-640x480.jpg

Pakistan left-arm seamer Wahab Riaz has recovered from the bruise on his bowling arm and is fit to play in the third and decisive T20 against New Zealand on Friday.

Team Pakistan physiotherapist Brad Robbinson, on Wednesday, said that Wahab completed a full-training session of bowling and fielding and will be available for selection in the last 20-over encounter.

“Wahab suffered a bruised left forearm after being struck in the nets by a short pitched delivery,” said Robbinson. “The bruise was appropriately managed using ice and compression. Today [Wednesday], he successfully completed a full practice session involving fielding and bowling. I am confident he will be fit for selection in the final T20I against New Zealand on Friday,” he added.

Pakistan were beat down and out by New Zealand in the second T20 by 10 wickets as the hosts chased a 169-run target. Pakistan started off the three-match series with a 16-run victory over the Kiwis. With the series poised at 1-1, the last T20 at Wellington will decide the winner.

Shahid Afridi-led Pakistan side participated in a three-and-half-hour long training session on Wednesday under the supervision of head coach Waqar Younis.

Earlier, on Tuesday, Pakistan team’s media manager Agha Akbar was contacted and he confirmed that Wahab was fine and the injury was not serious.

“Wahab sustained a glancing blow while batting in the nets today and there is nothing serious about it,” Akbar told The Express Tribune. “No scans were required. There was little bruising around his elbow but he was treated and has been asked to apply some ice so that the bruising can be minimised. He remains in contention for the T20I series decider.”

The T20 series will be followed by a three-match ODI series where Pakistan ODI captain Azhar Ali will lead the side.

What can the green shirts do to make sure they don’t lose the third T20?

31734-cover-1453281241-487-640x480.jpg

Both teams have a lot to prove in the third match. Both teams have a lot at stake.

Time to hunt some Kiwis! Wellington will host the series decider this Friday when Pakistan and New Zealand go head-to-head in the third and final T20 match in Pakistan’s tour to the land of Kiwis.

So far both teams have been in prime form at different instances with Pakistan winning the first T20 through a magnificent all-round performance (less than two drop catches) while Williamson and Guptillstole the show for the Kiwis on Sunday with awe-inspiring performances with the bat.

Both teams have a lot to prove in the third match.

Both teams have a lot at stake.

1029431-Lede-1453053613-317-640x480.jpg

Williamson and Guptill made 171 in reply to Pakistan’s 169 to register the biggest partnership in T20I history.
Photo: AFP

Team Pakistan played like champs in the first T20 and was admired by all. The team combination looked like the best we’d seen over a very long time. The bowling attack was both balanced and fearsome. Everything was so good about the side. And then everything fell apart in the second innings of the second game when New Zealand totally destroyed what was till that time, in our minds, the best bowling line-up Pakistan could have managed to assemble. All throughout the New Zealand batting innings, I kept wondering what would’ve happened if Guptill and Williamson hadn’t had that mix-up in the middle during the first match. The afterthought didn’t make a very good picture. So, what can the green shirts do to make sure they don’t lose the third T20?

Ramiz ‘Rambo’ Raja termed Maqsood as the next ‘Inzi’ just as he predicted the same for Umar Akmal a few years back – both predictions, unfortunately, have only resulted in me not trusting Raja any longer. I am also not sure why they have picked Iftikhar Ahmed in the T20 squad when he doesn’t deserve a place in the playing 11. I am also not sure why they persisted with Maqsood in game two when Rizwan was sitting in the ranks waiting for a chance.

Don’t want to play two wicket keepers in the side? Then let Sarfaraz come up the order and do something useful for the side rather than wasting him down the order by giving him just a few balls with which he can show off his batting talents.

836011-sohail-1423558200-821-640x480.jpg

The hoo-ha related to Amir fizzled out in just a matter of two T20 games. Maqsood also contributed in Amir’s wait for his first international stick on his return. Amir really needs to lift up his game in the next match and prove himself big time if he is to keep his place in a side where Anwar Ali is sitting in the hut eager to get back in the side. Times have changed in the last five years. There is competition now and he will not get better bowling tracks to prove his worth.

5679783573002.png

Despite the great amount of criticism on the team combination after the second T20, I still believe the squad picked for the T20 series is one of the best sides picked by Pakistan in a long time and there’s not much wrong in the playing 11 selected in the first two matches either (of course apart from Sohaib Maqsood that is). Gul, Amir, Wahab, Afridi and Imad all have the potential to make inroads into any batting line-up in the world on any given day. All they need is to have confidence in themselves and know that they can roll over the Kiwi batting order.

Boom Boom may need to shuffle his attack around a little to get better results. As far as batting is concerned, the professor seems to be in a good nick and needs to back himself to give another thundering performance in the third T20 as he did in the first match.

The skipper also needs to take things a little more seriously this time around when he’s at the crease and not consider victory based on strike rate only. I’m not a big fan of Malik generally but he certainly is the stabilising factor in this Pakistan batting order and he should continue being that player.

228.jpg

Photo: AFP

For the record, this is the fourth time these two sides have met each other in a head-to-head series. Both sides have been victorious once while the last series hosted by Pakistan in the UAE ended in a draw. So, Friday’s match will also decide which team will have the upper hand on the other as far as series’ wins are concerned.

Go green shirts!.

This RIZWAN BIGGEST FOOL IN HISTORY OF CRICKET HE IS ON A MISSION RUN OUT DID THIS IN UAE AND SAME

HE WAS RUNNING LIKE HIS BUTT ON FIRE SICK OF THIS GUY

Anyone out there in the stadium trying to win it for Pakistan is Rameez raja. :D
Baki to Mashallah Javaid Miandaad sahib ke techniques ke amal kar rahe hein T20 mein.
Sindle Dubbal bhai Sindle Dubbal.:enjoy:
Shaheed Afiridi has arrived at last.:lol:
The 'Atmi Quwwat' of our batting lineup has arrived at the strike end.

Anyone out there in the stadium trying to win it for Pakistan is Rameez raja. :D
Baki to Mashallah Javaid Miandaad sahib ke techniques ke amal kar rahe hein T20 mein.
Sindle Dubbal bhai Sindle Dubbal.:enjoy:
Shaheed Afiridi has arrived at last.:lol:
The 'Atmi Quwwat' of our batting lineup has arrived at the strike end.

Rameez Raja is not there. Is he?

I did not even sleep for the match. It's even hard for us to chase this target in one day andddddd this is t20. :/

Pakistan's team should beg to ICC for 22 players while on fielding and 11 while batting.

I think I can play better than them. :lol:

Anddd Afridi out. :D

Last edited:
Rameez Raja is not there. Is he?

I did not even sleep for the match. It's even hard for us to chase this target in one day andddddd this is t20. :/

Pakistan's team should beg to ICC for 22 players while on fielding and 11 while batting.

I think I can play better than them. :lol:

Ah ,they have shifted back to the short pitch stuff.Afridi is not gonna survive.

PS: he'z gone already.

My 30 minutes of entertainment time is over.Back to work.:(
Ahaha! Pur sarfraz dhoka nahi de ga.

Shukar hai aisa hua

afridi ka muh band ho jay thorey time k liye

Ah ,they have shifted back to the short pitch stuff.Afridi is not gonna survive.

PS: he'z gone already.

My 30 minutes of entertainment time is over.Back to work.:(
Ahaha! Pur sarfraz dhoka nahi de ga.

Short pitch? They have no idea about it. They just play and hope for the best. :p

They washed Pakistan's team. You wasted 30 minutes. And I am sorry for that! "Dil ko behlane Ke liye galib Ka Khiyal Acha Hona chiye". Yes sarcraz dokha nahi de ga and we will win.

Shukar hai aisa hua

afridi ka muh band ho jay thorey time k liye

Aur umer Akmal, Sar kha jata jo. Shabash lalay. :p

9 down.....looks like Pakistan players are in hurry...!!

3rd T20: New Zealand hammer Pakistan by 95 runs to win T20 series

56a1f51d8d353.jpg

Pakistan were never in it after losing 5/55 in their pursuit of 197. — AFP

WELLINGTON: Corey Anderson whacked a career-best 82 not out and followed up with two wickets as New Zealand demolished Pakistan by 95 runs in their deciding Twenty20 in Wellington on Friday.

New Zealand wrapped up the series 2-1 after being sent into bat and making an imposing 196 before rolling Pakistan for 101 in the 17th over.

The comprehensive victory marked the return of burly all-rounder Anderson to his best after he missed the first half of the New Zealand summer because of injury.

His man-of-the match 82 off 42 deliveries was backed by Grant Elliott taking three for seven, Adam Milne three for eight and his own two for 17 as Pakistan imploded.

Anderson's lack of cricket was evident in a rocky start to his innings when he went to the crease with New Zealand at 62-2 after seven overs.

He had 15 off 10 at the end of the 11th over when New Zealand lost their two senior batsmen in quick succession with Kane Williamson out for 33 and Ross Taylor retired hurt for six.

By the end of the 15th over, when New Zealand were 129-3 Anderson decided he had played himself at 36 off 23 balls and lashed out.

In the last five overs he faced 19 deliveries and bludgeoned 46 runs with his innings including four sixes and six fours.

He then set about carving through the Pakistan top order capturing Ahmed Shehzad for eight and Shoaib Malik for 14 before leaving the field with cramp.

Sarfraz Ahmed (41) and Malik were the only Pakistan batsmen to reach double figures as Elliott and Milne proved too difficult to handle in the daunting run chase.

When Pakistan captain Shahid Afridi won the toss he opted to bowl first, quoting the history of Westpac Stadium where the six previous Twenty20 matches had all been won batting second and the highest score Twenty20 total at the ground was 163.

But statistics did not stop Martin Guptill and Williamson making another flying start putting on 57 in six overs.

When Afridi brought himself on he captured Guptill in his first over with the New Zealand opener having made 42 off 19 deliveries.

Colin Munro only faced three balls before he ran himself to bring Anderson to the crease and Pakistan's hopes of salvaging the series disappeared.

Wahab Riaz was the most successful of the Pakistan bowlers with two for 43.

New Zealand and Pakistan play the first of three one-day internationals in Wellington on Monday.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom