What's new

New Pictures of JF-17's

Usually members from the armed forces choose their words very carefully especially when they talk to the civilians and even more so when they talk about the potential of their systems. However, I dont see that level of caution in the conversation you have reported. I'd rather take this with a grain of salt and wait. The pictures are good though. Thanks for sharing them with us.

my friend iam not a civilian!!!

Guns of Jf-17 although the picture is old one but new to u people from ideas 2008

these guns sre of twain blade and better than guns used in mirage2000 and f-16's

Attachments

• 111.JPG
    111.JPG
    32.5 KB · Views: 162
The nose to me appears a bit bigger then what i saw previously may be i am mistaken however i have a question if someone with airforce or aviation engineering back ground could answer
Is it possible to fit a larger/bigger nose cone to the original airframe without the need to modify it or perhaps effecting the overall structure or performance of the jet?

Further more they told me that only and only f-15's are ahead in radars and nothing else compare both these and ull see by ur selv!!!
as sooon as jf-17's r fitted with new radars of western origin they will be simply equal to all aircrafts!
So the pilots say that the current chinese radar JF is equiped with is at par with the AN/APG-66? (on our F-16s) and is only superseded by F-15s APG-63/APG-63 (V)1? OK, that is a news. If the current JFs are equipped with KLJ-10 which has a max range of 100km, than they are better than APG-63(V)1 which has an approximate range of 75km and APG-80 (on blk 60) which has an approximate range of 80km. But if they are comparing it with APG-63(V)3 or APG-70, than it is a different matter. I am little confused here. But well, if it is like this, why not.

Million dollar question is, what European radar are we looking for which is atleast equal to or better than the APG-70?

Last edited:
So the pilots say that the current chinese radar JF is equiped with is at par with the AN/APG-66? (on our F-16s) and is only superseded by F-15s APG-63/APG-63 (V)1? OK, that is a news. If the current JFs are equipped with KLJ-10 which has a max range of 100km, than they are better than APG-63(V)1 which has an approximate range of 75km and APG-80 (on blk 60) which has an approximate range of 80km. But if they are comparing it with APG-63(V)3 or APG-70, than it is a different matter. I am little confused here. But well, if it is like this, why not.

I think the current KLJ radar surpasses the APG66 we have currently on our F-16s. This has been stated in various articles over JF-17.

Sweet pictures, thanks for showing.

Guns of Jf-17 although the picture is old one but new to u people from ideas 2008
these guns sre of twain blade and better than guns used in mirage2000 and f-16's
The gun is a 23mm twin barrel "gast" gun, Russian design. How is it better than the revolver cannon in Mirage and gatling gun in F-16? Mirage's cannon is 30mm with similar rate of fire and F-16's is 20mm with much higher rate of fire.
Are you in the air force?
What else did the JF pilots say?

It is possible that JF is more manoeuvrable than F-15, I have read a translated Chinese interview that it is similar to F-16A according test pilots. According to sir MuradK, the TWR is much higher than what we know, so its thrust/weight ratio might be enough to take on F-15 at close range. It is still difficult to believe however. Of course radar technology is F-15s big advantage.

qsaark, JF's KLJ-7 radar is much better than APG-66. I can't remember who said that, I think it was the Air Chief Marshal. According to Janes Defence, it is a smaller version of the KLJ-10 fitted to J-10.

Last edited:
i would love to see more intimidating, aggressive Jf 17, may ba the block II will fill my dreams

little skeptical about comparison between F15 eagle and JF 17, former is a twin engine where later is the singel seater/ engine, though i m not the expert

Great pics airbus !!!
But some how when you look at this aircraft with close angles, it is very basic and rudementary jet... does not enthused too much confidence in its ability??? I seriously doubt it has the same capability and performance as LCA !!!!!!
The JF-17 is in production and in service already. Let the LCA project first complete before making any such comparisons. There's a good chance the Project would be scrapped.

Sweet pictures, thanks for showing.
It is possible that JF is more manoeuvrable than F-15, I have read a translated Chinese interview that it is similar to F-16A according test pilots. According to sir MuradK, the TWR is much higher than what we know, so its thrust/weight ratio might be enough to take on F-15 at close range. It is still difficult to believe however. ...
Some conjecture:
Among the things the F-15 is better than the F-16, one look at the JF-17 and you'd strike out all but one. And that one is something which CAC+PAC kind of downplayed. Something a pilot moving from J-6 to J-7 would miss.

Some conjecture:
Among the things the F-15 is better than the F-16, one look at the JF-17 and you'd strike out all but one. And that one is something which CAC+PAC kind of downplayed. Something a pilot moving from J-6 to J-7 would miss.
I'm not very perceptive, could you shed some light please? I'd really like to know what you're thinking here.

I'm not very perceptive, could you shed some light please? I'd really like to know what you're thinking here.

There is a video on YOUTUBE which was made by a Pakistani engg I think his Avatar says Fighting Falocon16 , he has compared F-16 turn and the JF-17 just look at the video carefully and you will notice that how smooth the JF-17 turns against F-16, Plus if you see the 23rd march video you will see that the Aileron Roll done by the F-16 is by pulling the F-16 nose up and than doing it which doesn't look neat some times, If you see the JF-17 doing it, It does a 360 turn around its Axis without the fighter pitching up or down which shows its stability. Same with the Immelmann turn JF-17 does it better than any other bird except the F-18.

Great pics airbus !!!
But some how when you look at this aircraft with close angles, it is very basic and rudementary jet... does not enthused too much confidence in its ability??? I seriously doubt it has the same capability and performance as LCA !!!!!!

Listen yar, Lca is is not what indians people and media wants the world to believe. Its a failed project but unfortunately for india it will loose face from pulling out of this disasterous and costly adventure.

Lca is indias pipe dream however on the other hand jf17 is being inducted and in to mass production phase.

Why are indians so obessed with jf17 and always trying to put it down? but criticial and shunning the kf17 is not gone make the lca pipe dream a reality.

Jf17 may look basic but Insha Allah am sure will prove to be much more in any encounter with iaf.

There is a video on YOUTUBE which was made by a Pakistani engg I think his Avatar says Fighting Falocon16 , he has compared F-16 turn and the JF-17 just look at the video carefully and you will notice that how smooth the JF-17 turns against F-16, Plus if you see the 23rd march video you will see that the Aileron Roll done by the F-16 is by pulling the F-16 nose up and than doing it which doesn't look neat some times, If you see the JF-17 doing it, It does a 360 turn around its Axis without the fighter pitching up or down which shows its stability. Same with the Immelmann turn JF-17 does it better than any other bird except the F-18.

Great pics airbus !!!

you are 100% right. 38:00 to 1:08 around 30 sec :enjoy: :taz::victory::chilli:

Last edited by a moderator:
Great pics airbus !!!

I Accidently "Thanked" your post when i wanted to quote you so DOH!!!!!

With due respect how can you possibly compare a prototype with a production aircraft? how many squadrons of LCA does IAF currently have? when was LCA inducted?

Almost every other jet looks rudementry, its combination of design, avionics and the man behind the machine which makes the difference.

Back
Top Bottom