What's new

New JF-17 Squadron to be raised

Just cross check this from PAF sources , I am saying this with some concrete thing.
I agree this topic should not be discussed on the open forum. There are many directions which it can be taken and most would be politically incorrect to discuss. Needless to say there are threats of vatious types to national security. The relevant border poses a threat of sorts. However dont understand the logi lc of AF deployment specifically to protect this border.
A

I agree this topic should not be discussed on the open forum. There are many directions which it can be taken and most would be politically incorrect to discuss. Needless to say there are threats of vatious types to national security. The relevant border poses a threat of sorts. However dont understand the logi lc of AF deployment specifically to protect this border.
A
In short What I can say here is that due to border voilations By AC's and a chance of surgical type of strikes for consumption of local population and then all blame is on PAF again so steps were taken before that time comes and else we had some extra rss on eastern border as they were overlapping so there wasnt much of an issue.

New Sqd name would be Wolves I read on scramble website and it will raise in Quetta.

New base will get most probably no 22 ocu as well due to bird strikes at shore Large birds there was a talk of moving it to another base as new conversion pilots may face difficult on handling vs experienced crew

http://www.scramble.nl/orbats/pakistan/airforce

Typically new Jf sqn is officially formed in feb/March it may already be formed but official ceremony may be down the road and 17 already moved out ???

If all rumours are true

Last edited:
No dates given however the ceremony to raise the new squadron is imminent.
Wolves is amongst four call signs under consideration.

The squadron named as Wolves is great, but callsigns during flying will be "Wolf". Clarity on the radio calls due to the pronunciation of the word. When VMFA-122 flew the F/A-18, their flight call signs would sometimes be "Wolf ##" simply for to sound clearer on the radio.....even though they were known as the "Werewolves". Just I thought I'd share that....Cheers !!!

Call sign is for each pilot [emoji68]‍[emoji574]️

Sqn name and number no 15 cobras and no 16 panthers etc

Call sign is for each pilot [emoji68]‍[emoji574]️

Sqn name and number no 15 cobras and no 16 panthers etc
There is a pilot call-sign and then there is a flight call-sign....separate terms.

There is a pilot call-sign and then there is a flight call-sign....separate terms.
Flight call sign is usually same as that of the flight leader...so if someone's callsign is Hussain the flight will also be named as Hussain...thats the trend in PAF now a days..in old times only senior pilots had their own callsigns,these days as soon as u become OPs u can have a callsign of ur own(though its useless until u become pair or flight leader).PAF pilots mostly use islamic names as their callsigns.But yeah sqn callsigns are also used.
USAF system of callsigns is very different from that of PAF.

Back
Top Bottom