What's new

New JF-17 Squadron to be raised

Just a nice shot of a JF-17 over Masroor.

View attachment 444405
Surely its a PS and this isnt Masroor..Masroor is very close to sea and has two runways.

Reportedly PAF is going to raise a new combat squadron to be equipped with the JF-17 Thunder Multi Role aircraft. The new unit is said to be 28 TFS which will also be part of the CCS.

View attachment 444383
CCS already operates JFT..why raise a new squadron...this could be true but never trust FB posts..
sd.PNG

Saw these as well but the designer said thats just imagination..
p2.JPG
p1.JPG

Last edited:
Surely its a PS and this isnt Masroor..Masroor is very close to sea and has two runways.

I had this image of Masroor in mind.

2099296.jpg

CCS already operates JFT..why raise a new squadron...this could be true but never trust FB posts..
View attachment 444567

True but unlike the F-16s, the JF-17s are permanently deployed with CCS, and number about six aircraft thus it's possible to raise that squadron to full strength, give it a number.

I had this image of Masroor in mind.

2099296.jpg

True but unlike the F-16s, the JF-17s are permanently deployed with CCS, and number about six aircraft thus it's possible to raise that squadron to full strength, give it a number.
Direct approch from sea..
masroor.JPG

So far, PAF has committed to 2 JF-17B's only which is not enough for an OCU squadron. Will require additional orders.
Yes But I dont think PAF would stop on 2 ac's , they many be looking for at least 20 ac's . Let see Thing will be clearer in next 6 months.

Waiting for JF-17B maybe ?
Maybe but I am thinking they have something else in there mind also other than JF 17 B

Yes But I dont think PAF would stop on 2 ac's , they many be looking for at least 20 ac's . Let see Thing will be clearer in next 6 months.

Maybe but I am thinking they have something else in there mind also other than JF 17 B

Should be more than 20.

When the Radar is replaced with an AESA radar, the main problem is the increase in power consumption. If the JF-17 Block I/II cannot deliver enough electrical power,
it is not possible to upgrade the existing planes, without upgrading the engine as well.

Hi,

That is an OLD STORY told multiple times---. We are beyond that point---.

So the number of front line is being increased. This is great, and I have also advocated on another forum that PAF fighter jet numbers need to be increased as the threat perception has increased.

New squadrons and new air bases.also army should raise 2 lakh new soldiers for Western border.we need more soldiers on Western border.there is a large number of army men fighting on the Afghanistan border.we must fill the gaps.weak formations on Western border is not good.

The strategy for A-stan and Iran borders should be slightly different to the Eastern border. If there are ever any major escalations/hostilities on the Iran or A-stan border, it is critical that Pak military is not bogged down in any circumstance. The military doctrine should envision a "short duration, overwhelming response" so that any such escalation is quickly defeated. Unfortunately, the only way to achieve this is via the smallest battlefield nukes. I don't see another way.

The new sqn will be stationed at Samungli,Quetta.

As
Of now
1 no 26
2 no 16
3 no 2
4 no 14
And 5 th ccs sqn

Next one 6th sqn will be ???
Not sure if pac has one or 2
Ac at its disposal or test flight has a few

As
Of now
1 no 26
2 no 16
3 no 2
4 no 14
And 5 th ccs sqn

Next one 6th sqn will be ???
Not sure if pac has one or 2
Ac at its disposal or test flight has a few
No 16 was at temporary deployment at Samungli for almost an year..dont know about their current state...the same sqn shot down the Iranian drone...maybe some of their aircrafts will be given to the new sqn(just a thought).
As i mentioned previously,I've confirmed about the new sqn from an authentic source so no doubts that its going to be raised.
Taken at samungli:
Thunder.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom