What's new

New JF-17 Squadron to be raised

It can only be answered after the Specs of Block-III are released. If Block-III is going to be based on JF-17 B with increased length and wingspan. It would be impossible to upgrade earlier blocks to Block-III standard. If Block-III is going to retain the same specs of Block-II, then perhaps we might see earlier blocks upgraded to Block-III during one of the major overhauls in the mid-2020's

https://quwa.org/2017/11/12/first-jf-17-will-undergo-major-overhaul-avic/

China has developed an air cooled AESA radar to retrofit Block 1 and 2. IRST could theoretically be covered with a pod. I don't see any reason why HOBS + HMD/S couldn't be backported once available. So yes, they should get closer to Block 3 but probably won't get every upgrade such as lower wing loading.

Just a nice shot of a JF-17 over Masroor.

View attachment 444405

Control surfaces completely neutral.

And What About 18 sqn ? I guess its the only F7p/FT-7 sqn remaining in service ? What about It's replacement?

It would be extremely stupid to delete certain items. Block-III is the stop gap measure to fight all the 4.5 Generation threats of Adversary. It has to be top notch.
No. Perfect is the enemy of good enough. We need to start retrofitting AESA and HMD into existing fighters ASAP. By the time the enemy gets 4.5 Gen planes, the first 5th Gen fighters will be coming online.

Great news guys it is for sure another step ahead, thanks for the news windy bro as always ;)

And What About 18 sqn ? I guess its the only F7p/FT-7 sqn remaining in service ? What about It's replacement?

So far, PAF has committed to 2 JF-17B's only which is not enough for an OCU squadron. Will require additional orders.

It can only be answered after the Specs of Block-III are released. If Block-III is going to be based on JF-17 B with increased length and wingspan. It would be impossible to upgrade earlier blocks to Block-III standard. If Block-III is going to retain the same specs of Block-II, then perhaps we might see earlier blocks upgraded to Block-III during one of the major overhauls in the mid-2020's

https://quwa.org/2017/11/12/first-jf-17-will-undergo-major-overhaul-avic/
Some block 1s have already been overhauled. They will most likely brought to Block II standards and thats about it.

When the Radar is replaced with an AESA radar, the main problem is the increase in power consumption. If the JF-17 Block I/II cannot deliver enough electrical power,
it is not possible to upgrade the existing planes, without upgrading the engine as well.

Are you sure it's PS , checkout the image visible through the canopy.
Google imagery for sure and that looks like a JF-17 from the Dubai 2017 air show.
4705711.jpg

Google imagery for sure and that looks like a JF-17 from the Dubai 2017 air show.
View attachment 444510

Why is a JFT being compared to the F-35? This video is very silly IMO. The author seems hateful towards the JFT than making a point. Could he not compare the JFT to the F-16 block 52 or even 60 (worst case). Comparing it to the F-35 makes absolutely no sense as there is no comparison and these are different generation AC's. Anyway, I guess outside of Apples to Oranges comparisons, it does show that this jet is getting out there in news. Which is always a plus sign.

Some block 1s have already been overhauled. They will most likely brought to Block II standards and thats about it.

PAC promotional video posted at their site clearly state block approach where each previous block can be upgraded to latest version on the request of customer

End of story No need for south Asian drama ;) :D

Hi,

The reason B has increased length and wingspan is to compensate for the positioning of the second cockpit---to balance out the aerodynamics of the change to the structure and design.

It has increased length due to larger swept-back vertical stabilizer or the fuselage also has extended length ?

Back
Top Bottom