What's new

New Images Of TATA Kestrel Platform

It can give enough protection from small arms fire, hand grenades etc as it has been mentioned. Its an Armoured Personnel Carrier a bit different than a infantry fighting vehicle.

You have to be intelligent enough to understand what I have written above, Please don't take it otherwise

You have to be intelligent enough to understand what I have written above, Please don't take it otherwise
When I say bullet it does not mean just the bullet.

0gwCUXB.jpg

8N4bhyY.jpg

siKxN3w.jpg

They've displayed the prototypes with two turrets so far

RytS0j0.jpg

Advanced unmanned turret from the Norwegians.

AgNWGK2.jpg

To a simple BMP2 turret

Last edited:
A few questions:
1) Is this a complete home grown design + dev effort?
2) Is the engine/ chassis also indigenous?
3) I suppose the turret implants/ extensions would mostly have some israeli components incorporated into them? (can someone confirm this) - given the amount of israeli off the shelf components (sensors) that Indian forces use - are the ICV's supposed to be in tune to those mating requirements?

Sorry, Kongsberg is a Norwegian company...:p::p::p:

A few questions:
3) I suppose the turret implants/ extensions would mostly have some israeli components incorporated into them? (can someone confirm this) - given the amount of israeli off the shelf components (sensors) that Indian forces use - are the ICV's supposed to be in tune to those mating requirements?

1.) Yes
2.) Chassis, yes. TATA is using it's tie up with Cummins for the engine, TATA-Cummins.
3.) No clarity on turret.

Yes, DRDO designed with outsourcing to TATA.

Answered above.
The turret that will be on the production model is unknown as of yet, we'll have to wait and see when she enters service (2018)

To a simple BMP2 turret
I'm told that was for demonstration purposes only, the BMP-2 turret isn't going to enter service on the Kestral.

TADufqC.jpg

Timeline of their combat vehicles

Tata-Motors-at-2016-DefExpo-1.jpg

sEFDBDk.jpg

TATA Motors evolution from logistics(in the 50s)-to soon front line armored vehicles(with liberalization of defence sector).

The, "FRCV", design shown is just a copy paste of their FICV design. No real image of it yet.

Last edited:
TADufqC.jpg

Timeline of their combat vehicles

Tata-Motors-at-2016-DefExpo-1.jpg

sEFDBDk.jpg

TATA Motors evolution from logistics(in the 50s)-to soon front line armored vehicles(with liberalization of defence sector).

The, "FRCV", design shown is just a copy paste of their FICV design. No real image of it yet.
I really hope the LAMV enters service with the IA or some CAPF soon, it is a cracking looking vehicle.

Back
Top Bottom