Country
Iran, Islamic Republic Of
rylm7ionerkziop0npap.png

Length: 154 m

Beam: 18 m

Draught: 5 m

Tonnage: 6500 tons

Speed: 25 knots

Still far from perfect ... But good for start !

Persian Gulf will be an experimental ship for training purposes ...

We will start construction of our first indigenous world class destroyer after that !

Then we will go for about 300 m long aircraft carrier !

But this one depends on the economic situation & the carrier base fighter jet project !

A helicopter carrier is also possible !

>>> If they manage to build a successful vertical take off & landing fighter !!!

:) cheers

Not bad :tup: This badboy will provide Iran with the required experience for building even larger military ships. 6300-6500 tons is not a bad start. Having said that, I much prefer two 6000 tons ships than one 12000 ton ship. I am not such a big fan for extremely large ships.
I have said this many times before. What is so important about these ships is that everything , even the engine is Iranian designed such as using Bonyan-5 or the gas turbines.

The next step should be incorporating VLS, perhaps similar like the ones on HMS dauntless of the UK navy:

dauntless_1437050b.jpg

Imagine VLS with Sayyad-3 air defence missile :enjoy:

The Mast for Loghman is also impressive, that needs to get turned into an integrated mast for the destroyer project.

As for carrier and Vertical take off planes, those very ambitious and we are many years away from that capability. I am looking much more forward towards our next gen submarines after Besat than helicopter carriers etc.

Last edited:
rylm7ionerkziop0npap.png

We will start construction of our first indigenous world class destroyer after that !

But this one depends on the economic situation & the carrier base fighter jet project !

>>> If they manage to build a successful vertical take off & landing fighter !!!

:enjoy::enjoy::enjoy::enjoy:

rylm7ionerkziop0npap.png

Amen to that! Looks beautiful!

Do you know why we are not using VLS on any of our designs? is it a tonnage limit or our missiles don't have the capability?

Do you know why we are not using VLS on any of our designs? is it a tonnage limit or our missiles don't have the capability?
I try to find a link I have been reading a while back... couple of months ago actually... It was a consercium of two high tech companies were working on a VLS system. I guess all these updates are foreseeable in near future... Don't worry... Iran was and is experimenting buiding high tech weaponry like those of Moudge class frigates and submarines like Ghadir/Nahang/Fateh... now and after almost two decades we are maturing with enough experience to build competitive warships and subs... To my eyes, Iran needs another 10 years in order to fill the gap with pioneers... The good thing about Iran's case is that Iran is doing almost everything by itself with no foreign support and can jump up steps by looking at other modern models...

No Offense. But Iran is quite far away from such capabilities.

Last edited:

VLS systems would be implemented eventually. It is inevitable. There is no technological barrier for Iran. I think the VLS systems are being developed and tested just like the CIWS. I remember a new a while back about VLS development.
Loghman is just the beginning. Subsequent version will get more advanced. Important thing these babies are being developed, how many other nation can truly develop such a thing fully indigenously? Most other nations import so many components like engines etc, for Iran, this is not the case. Even the engines will be Iranian :-)

Last edited:
Not bad :tup: This badboy will provide Iran with the required experience for building even larger military ships. 6300-6500 tons is not a bad start. Having said that, I much prefer two 6000 tons ships than one 12000 ton ship. I am not such a big fan for extremely large ships.
I have said this many times before. What is so important about these ships is that everything , even the engine is Iranian designed such as using Bonyan-5 or the gas turbines.

The next step should be incorporating VLS, perhaps similar like the ones on HMS dauntless of the UK navy:

dauntless_1437050b.jpg

Imagine VLS with Sayyad-3 air defence missile :enjoy:

The Mast for Loghman is also impressive, that needs to get turned into an integrated mast for the destroyer project.

As for carrier and Vertical take off planes, those very ambitious and we are many years away from that capability. I am looking much more forward towards our next gen submarines after Besat than helicopter carriers etc.
Are those horizontal antennas on the big mast HF antennas for stealth detection? It seems so to me...

VLS systems would be implemented eventually. It is inevitable. There is no technological barrier for Iran. I think the VLS systems are being developed and tested just like the CIWS. I remember a new a while back about VLS development.
Loghman is just the beginning. Subsequent version will get more advanced. Important thing these babies are being developed, how many other nation can truly develop such a thing fully indogenously? Most other nations import so many components like engines etc, for Iran, this is not the case. Even the engines will be Iranian :-)

What are you blabbing about? This ship is about to start getting made. Try not to comment nonesense.

Not talking about the Destroyer. Iran can very well do that.

But about the Aircraft Carrier part and vertical take off fighters.

Sorry bro, I misunderstood your comment. I agree yes, those are many years away from our capability as of now. They require tremendous fundings as well.

Are those horizontal antennas on the big mast HF antennas for stealth detection? It seems so to me...

Actually bro, I tried to find the name for the radar but I could not do it. I am not fully sure what it is. But most likely what you said.

ACs are within Iran's current capabilities as Iranian scientists and Navy commanders mentioned already in many occasions, the problem is that Aircraft carriers have no use for Iran.. Iran never intend to colonize other parts of the world or do what other assholles do in our waters... Iranians' main agenda as it is announced is to Deter enemies and defend the country IF ATTACKED... Iran says everyday that Iran won't start a war with no body even with Israel but if they do start it then we prepared in a way to make them regret their decision first and then as commanders say:
" In Irans' case, Enemies start the war, We finish it"

Vertical Take Off fighters, I am somehow with your comment... Although, if it is in Iran's interests to have this tech then be sure Iran will master it soon... We are still a learner in fighter jet building... as not all advanced nations can do this speicif job... For now, Iran has different priorities and most of brains and budget is directed to those... but Airplanes are not forgotten too... but it needs more time...

rylm7ionerkziop0npap.png

beautiful design , any info regarding the armament ?

Back
Top Bottom