What's new

New design for Loghman-Class destroyer

rylm7ionerkziop0npap.png

Length: 154 m

Beam: 18 m

Draught: 5 m

Tonnage: 6500 tons

Speed: 25 knots

Still far from perfect ... But good for start !

Persian Gulf will be an experimental ship for training purposes ...

We will start construction of our first indigenous world class destroyer after that !

Then we will go for about 300 m long aircraft carrier !

But this one depends on the economic situation & the carrier base fighter jet project !

A helicopter carrier is also possible !

>>> If they manage to build a successful vertical take off & landing fighter !!!

:) cheers

Iran should look for JVs with China and Russia it will make it easier to jump the tech gap.

As for your question about the engines, Iran has no problem in this sector. It has a whole array of gas turbines developed by companies like MAPNA which can be used, one example is shown below:

There are many other examples of larger gas turbines being in production.

Iran has also diesel marine engines, about 5 years ago the 5000BHP engine was unveiled and now it is being used in Iranians ships, it is called bonyan-4.

what are their(gas turbine) power outputs?

lm2500 used in us warships has an initial output of 24 megawatts, latest versions put out closer to 34 megawatts, qc-280 used by china is around 28 megawatt output

and civilian engines are not military engines, theres a good reason that the world has different engines for its civilian cargo ships and its large military ships. china builds some of the largest civilians ships of over 300,000 dwt but had many problems working out a good propulsion for its military ships until the qc-280(which itself is an domesticated and improved version of Ukrainian engines), and is only now working out carriers and the massive 055 destroyer/cruiser, and this is with a far larger funding than what iran could put in. this is also a good reason why american allies like to just use american engines even on ships of their own design.

Looks strange. Put SSM on top of hanger? Moreover, the stern is still open.

i thought the same thing, then i just assume that the pic is a fan boy drawing and not the real plan.

rylm7ionerkziop0npap.png

Speed: 25 knots

Still far from perfect ... But good for start !

Persian Gulf will be an experimental ship for training purposes ...

We will start construction of our first indigenous world class destroyer after that !

Then we will go for about 300 m long aircraft carrier !

But this one depends on the economic situation & the carrier base fighter jet project !

A helicopter carrier is also possible !

>>> If they manage to build a successful vertical take off & landing fighter !!!

:) cheers
Awesome!!!!

Iran should look for JVs with China and Russia it will make it easier to jump the tech gap.
Whenever Iran has tried joint ventures with Russia and China both of them have spat in our face.

The Chinese spat at us with the AShM in the 90s (can't remember the name) and the Russians with the Shafaq/M-ATF.

@AmirPatriot , no buddy I am not a "expert in military aviation projects" as you put it. But our resident aviation expert is! @gambit sir would you do the honors. And since you asked, is that an F-14 in your country's colors? :o::o::o:

N
@AmirPatriot , no buddy I am not a "expert in military aviation projects" as you put it. But our resident aviation expert is! @gambit sir would you do the honors. And since you asked, is that an F-14 in your country's colors? :o::o::o:
Nice try but... no.

It's an F-35 MOCKUP.

And this is an F-14 MOCKUP.

Grumman-303-mockup.jpg

And this is an F-15 MOCKUP.

Boeing_F-15_Silent_Eagle-topshot.jpg

And this an F-16 MOCKUP.

F-16A_mockup_at_Spangdahlem_AB_1985.JPEG

Etc etc.

What you will recognize from this is that all those MOCKUPS were real projects. Which is what the Q-313 is: a real project which was at the mockup stage back then.

Source: New design for Loghman-Class destroyer

This would imply a ship comparable in size to the Danisch Iver Huitfeldt class and Spanish Álvaro de Bazán-class frigate / Australian Hobart-class AWD

Just for comparison, your original Loghman

Model
Loghman-frigate-Class.jpg

Mockup
IMG_7902_copy.jpg

'New' Loghman
rylm7ionerkziop0npap.png

Has some similarity to UK Type-26 'Global Combat ship' early designs

Last edited:
Has some similarity to UK Type-26 'Global Combat ship' early designs

Honestly, I don't see much similarities. I mean considering the fact that almost all military ships are supposed to have some basic similarities (because after all, they are all ships!!), still, these 2 are not much alike in design and placement of equipment. But generally looking, they are similar in the sense that they are both big white naval warships with many mutual equipment. Hope I could convey my meaning.

type%2026.jpg

PS: I just noticed you said 'early designs', so maybe you are right. Do you have any pics of it?

Honestly, I don't see much similarities. I mean considering the fact that almost all military ships are supposed to have some basic similarities (because after all, they are all ships!!), still, these 2 are not much alike in design and placement of equipment. But generally looking, they are similar in the sense that they are both big white naval warships with many mutual equipment. Hope I could convey my meaning.

type%2026.jpg

PS: I just noticed you said 'early designs', so maybe you are right. Do you have any pics of it?
I think the only similarity is the radar tower.

type%2026.jpg

Ha ha ha. Very funny. :coffee:

The angling of the superstructure near the end of the hangar is e.g. a feature of the Spanish designed and built, Norwegian Nansen class. Some proposed design variants of Type 26 have angling at that location, if somewhat different due to the placement of remote control cannon. The rear radar is modelled on the Thales Smart L, which on UK ships is found in a Thales/BAE variant called S1850M. The Sea King is a helicopter that is one size up from that on the earlier Loghman. It appears to mount 2 Phalanx CIWS just behind the forward mast.

I'm sure you realize the core point was/is that the Loghman design shown above is most likely fictional (untill verified that it is from a trustworthy and/or official source). Besides, to build a 6500 ton ship for such meager available systems (4 SSM C802-style, 4-8 Standard SAM, a Sea King) is simply ... unrealistic, pointless, you name it. A SMART-L like radar would go grossly underused (i.e. would cost way to much in relation to surveillance/targeting needs based on weapon system adopted). It should also be noted earlier Loghman design was purportedly a (armed) training ship: it has basically the same/similar systems as the 1400 ton corvettes Iran has been building.

In that sense, it doesn't really matter what you compare it to.

13910628_2220988.jpg

139209061257537151622094.jpg

13920906000385_PhotoL.jpg

13920907110304275_PhotoL.jpg

2129phased-array.jpg

Jamaran-2-SM-1-RIM66.jpg

Last edited:
N

Nice try but... no.

It's an F-35 MOCKUP.

And this is an F-14 MOCKUP.

Grumman-303-mockup.jpg

And this is an F-15 MOCKUP.

Boeing_F-15_Silent_Eagle-topshot.jpg

And this an F-16 MOCKUP.

F-16A_mockup_at_Spangdahlem_AB_1985.JPEG

Etc etc.

What you will recognize from this is that all those MOCKUPS were real projects. Which is what the Q-313 is: a real project which was at the mockup stage back then.

Indeed those are mock ups, but where is the actual real version?

This is a mock up.

Sikorsky_S-97_Raider_High_Speed_Attack_Helicopter.jpg

Real one.

And they still use mock ups for public display long after real ones are in service or already been tested.

Back
Top Bottom