What's new

New AH-1Zs are going to be stationed in Multan, Army tender notice reveals

LY-80's .. Igloo ? are we talking about a separate contract of existing LY-80 moved to Multan ?

Igloos are missile storage structures.

One regiment inducted (1st LOMAD Regiment in V Corps) , two more LY-80 regiments to be inducted soon. Second regiment will serve Multan Corps, announced by Army in a ceremony.

One additional regiment (3 batteries) to be ordered. So, PA will have 4 regiments in future.

Pakistan Army issues tender notices for the construction of infrastructure for AH-1Zs and LY80 LOMADS.

Got this advertisement from today's newspaper.

View attachment 454862

Multan, my city is a home for cobras and army aviation. Current tender notice reflects that some of AH-1Zs will be stationed here.

Pakistan-Army-AH-1Z-delivery-692x360.png

All paa existing cobra are homed at Multan but a detachment is at peshawar and fata from each of 3 sqn on rotation basis

Covers eastern desert All the way down to Sindh

Igloos are missile storage structures.

One regiment inducted (1st LOMAD Regiment in V Corps) , two more LY-80 regiments to be inducted soon. Second regiment will serve Multan Corps, announced by Army in a ceremony.

One additional regiment (3 batteries) to be ordered. So, PA will have 4 regiments in future.

Thanks bro ..

Yar the army rejected the Z-10, all three were sent back to China. I don't think we will see them.

I am talking about AH-Z1 and Mil 35's .. Z-10's are gone

Thanks bro ..

I am talking about AH-Z1 and Mil 35's .. Z-10's are gone

Back in 2000 pa and paf formed a team to evaluate LOMAD for both services options were spada 2k, Swedish Missile Chinese Ly-60s paf went with spada 2k in 2008 and Ly-80 perhaps we’re not available
Pa now went with ly-80 8-9 batteries so 3 batteries per regiment

Looks like they will cover south and strike CORP ??

PA is beefing up capabilities of Strike Corps Multan, which is what is required, it shows in case of war PA will launch offensive inside India and to do that they are getting required equipment.

Good work.
Multan II Corps and Mangla I Corps are meant to do the "ghuss kay" kind of operations. Azm e Nau Exercises explained the use of Cobras very elaborately, PA Aviation should also adopt some MALE drones to use for anti-tank roles. Dust and heat is always a romance :smitten:

Why Multan?
I think Super Cobras or MI-35s can take care of war against terror. These new vipers will be dedicated for conventional anti tank role. Probably most of them will be stationed for anti tank role in Deserts of Cholistan and Rajasthan.

Last edited:
Pakistan Army issues tender notices for the construction of infrastructure for AH-1Zs and LY80 LOMADS.

Got this advertisement from today's newspaper.

View attachment 454862

Multan, my city is a home for cobras and army aviation. Current tender notice reflects that some of AH-1Zs will be stationed here.

Pakistan-Army-AH-1Z-delivery-692x360.png

Why Multan? These birds should be based in Bahawalpur, near the border to counter the zionist Indian threat.

Why Multan?

Hi,

Because it is my city and I told them to----8-).

It is the main operational base for the gunship helicopters---. With the multan strike corps based there---obviously---the gunships would be based right close by---for training and support.

The desert is just a few miles away and that has the training range as well.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom