What's new

New AH-1Zs are going to be stationed in Multan, Army tender notice reveals

Tanks and APCs use normally a 12.7mm as an anti-tank weapon but some APCs are engineered to carry MANPADS and SAMs. Anzas or Stingers can be installed on tanks for anti-gunship role. But all of these features are addition to the original job of a weapon.

Tanks and APCs use normally a 12.7mm as an anti-tank weapon but some APCs are engineered to carry MANPADS and SAMs. Anzas or Stingers can be installed on tanks for anti-gunship role. But all of these features are addition to the original job of a weapon.
Armoured columns are supplemented by shorads like HQ7 + RBS equipped m113. For the time being, they'll do the job against rotary and low flying fixed wing aircrafts.

PS:
remember even first thunders were on loan !!
we didnt had enough money in 2010 to keep the thunder line running

so you say 4 billion dollars i snot an issue for PAF..lol
are you ready to enlgiht us what PAF budget is?

so what my point was..you need to choose between thunders and J11
fifth gen is long term perspective..its atleast 15 years away
Hi should not be a problem now 4 billion might not in one go but a credit line with the help of
KSA can be opened as recently we have send them our regular army tha much should leverage should be given to us regarding the money issue
Your input will be appreciated
Thank you

There is a reason US Marines choose AH-1Z over AH-64s, they dont choose lesser capable weapons as they are the spearhead of US assault forces since WW-2.

USMC have procured hundreds of AH-64 variants. Had the AH-1Z been superior, would they have bought the much more expensive AH-64 series at all? And my suspicion is strengthened even more because AH-64 series has been denied to Pakistan repeatedly......why do you think that is?

that is exactly my concern .. for that very purpose i want to see J-16 in PAF for deep strike capabilities .

I would prefer all that investment in JF-17 and a 5th gen platform. JF-17 has so much promise, with additional funding it can take on almost any 4th and 4++ gen Jet.

At ideas 2016 , I saw 4 barrel atgm and can be mounted on apc , put them on m11a and you have yourself a solid anti tank system.

Unless that capability is taken out by the US , the birds otherwise have the capability to carry sidewinders !!

Hi,

My understanding is that the US refused to install that capability in the Pakistani choppers---.

USMC have procured hundreds of AH-64 variants. Had the AH-1Z been superior, would they have bought the much more expensive AH-64 series at all? And my suspicion is strengthened even more because AH-64 series has been denied to Pakistan repeatedly......why do you think that is?

Please do at least a little bit of research before replying just to prove your incorrect point. USMC has procured and operate exactly "0" number of Apaches. They have always only operated AH-1 variants, starting with AH-1T MarineCobras, then onto AH-1W Super Cobras and now are transitioning to AH-1Z Zulu Cobra.

And stop posting baseless chatter about AH-64s being denied to Pakistan. It might have had been the case in the 80s perhaps but I don't think Pakistan even asked for the Apaches when we were just fine ordering new F-16s, Orions and AH-1Zs.

ignoring the rants. lets clarify something because there is confusion of apple and oranges.

tank's primary role is antitank and fire support for infantry so its not a deviation. what you are pointing at is called targets of opportunity which are not the primary mission of that machine.A-10 warthog also carries sidewinders but its Close air support plane brimming with anti armor arsenal. every anti air weapon on it will mean one less opportunity against its primary objective. yes a lucky blow from a tank can take out a gunship but that doesn't mean that tanks start qualifying themselves as gunship killers. your gunship is terrain hugging popping in and out of mountains and tree tops destroying enemy ground targets and returning to base, any areal threat to ground friendly forces and itself has to be mitigated by dedicated air defense units both air and ground based.

Looks like the argument we are having is due to lack of comprehension from your side to what I was really saying. I never said attack helicopters primary role is against other helicopters. I merely pointed out that in India-Pak scenario the possibility of two different choppers of the same origin will like come across each other and it would be interesting to see how that would play out.

A little off topic below here but figured Id share for some folk who might be interested and others who think A>B always.
As far as the machines go, both the Cobras and Apaches are very capable and versatile platforms, fully capable of their assigned mission. However, like every other weapon, their success and performance also depends on how they are utilized with both sides. As an example, it is well known that at the start of the Gulf war, poor tactics led to the Apaches being shot down and a majority of them received significant damage from small arms fire. US Army then changed their approach and kept the Apaches at standoff ranges for engagement.
Cobras on the other hand were always on hand to provide close support to the marines. They suffered 0 losses in the war as the marines employed them for slashing attacks, coming in hot and fast, thus making them much harder for the enemy to engage. Its smaller profile frontal also helps in that regard.

Hi should not be a problem now 4 billion might not in one go but a credit line with the help of
KSA can be opened as recently we have send them our regular army tha much should leverage should be given to us regarding the money issue
Your input will be appreciated
Thank you
saudis leverage is for nawaz and some elite protection, i doubt they will give you any credit apart from what u are getting from deployment cost..which goes back into military spending

Looks like the argument we are having is due to lack of comprehension from your side to what I was really saying. I never said attack helicopters primary role is against other helicopters. I merely pointed out that in India-Pak scenario the possibility of two different choppers of the same origin will like come across each other and it would be interesting to see how that would play out.

please accept my profound apology for lack of comprehension on my side.
upload_2018-2-24_20-11-42.png

please accept my profound apology for lack of comprehension on my side.
View attachment 455846

Hi Irfan,

These kids are so -----. They assume---and it becomes reality---.

They don't know that Pakistan had been denied air to air missiles on their american choppers by the americans---period.

In simple english---the americans REFUSED---. Now all these boys can argu till they go blue in the face---it ain't gonna change nothing---till the change occurs---.

Hi Irfan,

These kids are so -----. They assume---and it becomes reality---.

They don't know that Pakistan had been denied air to air missiles on their american choppers by the americans---period.

In simple english---the americans REFUSED---. Now all these boys can argu till they go blue in the face---it ain't gonna change nothing---till the change occurs---.

Mastankhan, sir do you have any validated proof that ? just curious ..

TOW and Hellfire missiles both can be used against other helicopters if a window of opportunity presents itself. After all helicopters have even been shot down by unguided rockets before.
Leaving that argument aside, I am more interested in how you are getting your facts. How do you know PA has been denied this capability on the AH-1Zs? Did you read it somewhere? If so, please share the source.

The DCSA release did not specifically mention Sidewinders as part of the procurement, however, that could just be because we have plenty of them in stock already. To me it sounds like you are making up the part about Americans REFUSING to provide the Cobras with this capability (somehow everything else they are providing is fine by them).

Back
Top Bottom