What's new

Netanyahu: Israel-China ties hold great promise

Raphael

Reaction score
Country
China
Netanyahu: Israel-China ties hold great promise | The Times of Israel

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu told The Times of Israel he foresees a further expansion of Israel’s relationship with China and that Israel has “a strong affinity for China.”

In comments made to mark Wednesday’s launch of The Times of Israel Chinese, our new website highlighting high-tech, innovation and other spheres central to Israeli-Chinese interaction, Netanyahu recalled his trip to Beijing in May of 2013, and the deepening ties between the two countries it heralded.

“We celebrate the growth of the Israeli-China relationship,” Netanyahu said. “A year ago, I visited China and had excellent meetings with President Xi Jinping and Premier Li Keqiang. Since then we have expanded our cooperation in many areas.”

Netanyahu, who last week hosted the visiting Chinese Deputy Prime Minister Liu Yandong, noted that “China is already Israel’s largest trading partner in Asia and the future holds even greater promise.”

Along with Liu, Israel last week played host to some 400 Chinese business and government officials for a week of conferences, summits and business deals.

Among the highlights was the announcement of a partnership between Tel Aviv University and Beijing’s Tsinghua University to invest $300 million to establish the XIN Research Center, intended to research early-stage and mature technologies in biotech, solar energy, water and environmental technologies. Last year Haifa’s Technion technology institute and Shantou University, in the southern Guangdong province, signed a smaller cooperation agreement valued at around $150 million. China’s state-owned Bright Food Group last week purchased a majority stake in Israel Tnuva Foods dairy conglomerate. Overall, trade between Israel and China reached $8.4 billion in 2013, compared with $6.7 billion in 2010, according to the Central Bureau of Statistics.

Said Netanyahu to The Times of Israel: “We have a strong affinity for China. We see the impressive successes of China and believe that Israeli technology can complement China’s efforts to achieve even greater prosperity.”

This is why I said China is no different than Russia or the USA. They just secure their interests in a manner which is preferable over the American way.

This is why I said China is no different than Russia or the USA. They just secure their interests in a manner which is preferable over the American way.

and you secured your interest in the US, in a manner preferable for over the Palestine way... LOL
If I ever hated any country , I have the self respect to never live off their welfare

and you secured your interest in the US, in a manner preferable for over the Palestine way... LOL
If I ever hated any country , I have the self respect to never live off their welfare

What interest's? Do I run an empire? :lol:

Why do always start behaving like a child whenever we discuss global affairs? Do even understand what I meant by securing interests?

You're still going on about the welfare thing? Even though you take student loans. I don't take a penny from the government you loon. :lol:

Why do always start behaving like a child whenever we discuss global affairs? Do even understand what I meant by securing interests?

You're still going on about the welfare thing? Even though you take student loans. I don't take a penny from the government you loon. :lol:

Student of what? :lol: the term welfare is not associated with asking for loans...

do you live in this country, drive on it roads, get protected by it police, have a job that is not fruit vendor in some village in Palestine, have access to a better life? then guess what - you enjoy this countries welfare.

I understand what securing interests mean-- why do you continue to be surprised by any country that will always secure its interest first? you act like you were born yesterday

These indians are like the K-9 unit of PDF, they sniff their way right into other people's business :whistle:

I doubt that China will ever support Zionist crimes and their illegal occupation. If they do, then of course they must be treated as enemies but I don't see it.

Everyone has interests, you do know many Arab Muslim countries are secretly cooperating with Israel right ?

On topic China can take lessons from Israels anti terrorism tactics and technological innovation, no need to hate them nor like them.

@Raphael @Chinese-Dragon

What is the "Palestine way"? It's a country under brutal occupation. You should show some respect to the victims instead of the occupiers, but I don't think people like you have any sense of justice or morality. Sadly, you and your kind are devoid of these basic human qualities.

do you live in this country, drive on it roads, get protected by it police, have a job that is not fruit vendor in some village in Palestine, have access to a better life? then guess what - you enjoy this countries welfare.

Of course, as usual, not a single word about how all that "welfare" is being sustained; aggressive imperialism and exploitation. While not everything in the West is bad, not everything is positive either, far from it.

Last edited:
What is the "Palestine way"? It's a country under brutal occupation. You should show some respect to the victims instead of the occupiers, but I don't think people like you have any sense of justice or morality. Sadly, you and your kind are devoid of these basic human qualities.
Let him go, he was trying to troll but failed miserably because he doesn't have his 'Pack' here yet :p:

Everyone has interests, you do know many Arab Muslim countries are secretly cooperating with Israel right ?

On topic China can take lessons from Israels anti terrorism tactics and technological innovation, no need to hate them nor like them.

@Raphael @Chinese-Dragon

You're right, we could benefit hugely from economic/technological cooperation with Israel. :tup:

The conflict between Israel and Palestine is for them to figure out, and has nothing to do with our economic cooperation with either party.

Student of what? :lol: the term welfare is not associated with asking for loans...

I understand what securing interests mean-- why do you continue to be surprised by any country that will always secure its interest first? you act like you were born yesterday

We had this discussion more than once. :lol:

According to you, you can't be an American without completely supporting our foreign policy. So what about those who dispute our economic policy? :lol:

Where do you see any surprise in securing foreign interests? Your arguments are pathetic. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom