What's new

Nepal reclaims lands from India

1. Nepalese territory was taken forcefully in 1816
2. Nepalese want it back.

Why don't Nepalese government take up the case with British. It is they who took the territory.

This would be an interesting situation.

giving the condition of pakistan+bangladesh's economies...even dreaming of attacking/nuking/invading india or someone-bigger-than-you would put a strain on your fragile non-existent economies so abstain for your own good.

There are more people living under poverty line in India than combine population of Pakistan and Bangladesh. Good going Einstein.

There are more people living under poverty line in India than combine population of Pakistan and Bangladesh. Good going Einstein.

We also have our middle class whose no is more than the combined combine population of Pakistan and Bangladesh...not bad going at all.

Its not Bangladesh that has to worry about 10 million in job losses.

the 10 million job losses?
why would you worry?
you'd never have 10 million people working simultaneously in bangladesh...like ever!

i think paksitan and bangladesh should re-establish the old bigger pakistan of pre 71...just my opinion though...you might equal us in the poverty aspect if nothing else.
and what was the per-capita income of bangladesh and pakistan?last i checked was nowhere near ours...do i have to tell you that pakistan+bangladesh would still be half of the size of our economy?

From the feelings I get from this forum, India is actually not liked by any of her neighbors, perhaps except from Bhutan.

You cannot deny the fact that this is the case with India.

not suprised at all,if a nation has so many neighbors border upon.

US doesn't have such problems,just because US is surrounded by oceans,and US had occupied all land of American Indians.

and Cuba doesn't like US too.

i think paksitan and bangladesh should re-establish the old bigger pakistan of pre 71...just my opinion though...you might equal us in the poverty aspect if nothing else.
and what was the per-capita income of bangladesh and pakistan?last i checked was nowhere near ours...do i have to tell you that pakistan+bangladesh would still be half of the size of our economy?

India's per capita income USD 950 in 2008.

Nations with highest per capita income

Pakistan's per capita income USD 1,027 in 2008.

Pakistan’s per capita income rises to $1,027

Bangladesh's per capita income USD 599 in 2008.

Bangladesh’s per capita income goes up to $599

Last edited:
^^^^bagladesh per capita income is half of pakistans.....I cant believe it

Your avatar shows a guy smoking something, now I know it is you smoking crack ...

Wow... excellent deduction.. :pakistan:
PS: I don't smoke

Non-Talibs are a minorty ... When was the last time you visited Kabul or it's surroubding area??

I wasn't there to conduct a survey. Can you back up your claim ?

People don't hate Pakistan but they actually dislike the Indians because they are a source of cheap labour.

Indian labour competiting with Afghans in Astan ? Can you back up your claim ?

So the countries like China, Far Eastern countries etc dislike India for the reason of competition and people from NA and EU dislike Indians because they are losing jobs to the Indians due to out sourcing of work.

Dislike ??

BTW, have you tried a Nepal or Sikh forum lately? ;)
No. Have you been to Punjab, India and Nepal and talked to the people there?
I live in Delhi and I have been to Nepal and Punjab a few dozen times and I know a lot of Nepalese and Sikhs.
PS: Nepalese and Sikhs are ubiquitous in Delhi.

Wiki lists three sources: IMF, WB and CIA and each of them lists India higher.

Country ↓ Rank ↓ IMF[1] ↓ Rank ↓ WB[2] ↓ Rank ↓ CIA[3]
India 134 942 122 1,042 138 973
Pakistan 138 909 131 884 141 849
Bangladesh 156 463 151 427 161 481

The difference is still not significant between India and Pakistan.

The Per Capita Income doesn't really matter. What matters is the Purchasing Power Parity (PPP) figures, which tell you how much you can buy rather than how much you earn.

I think that food prices in India (wheat, rice) are significantly lower than those in Pakistan. Am I correct?

PPP figures

Bangladesh 153 1,311 144 1,242 166 1,400
India 129 2,563 115 2,753 136 2,600
Pakistan 127 2,594 118 2,525 140 2,400

PPP figures for India (and China) were reduced by nearly 40% last year after a re-evaluation of the way PPP calculations were done for these countries. I don't think such a re-evaluation happened for Pakistan and how much it would have impacted their PPP.

well i will post the most genuine link possible the links of the country factsheets of the united nations humna development index for both india and pakistan....themost accurate indicator of the per-capita income for both countries...

this is for india(dec2008)
Statistical update 2008/2009 - Country Fact Sheets - India

and this is for pakistan(dec 2008)
Statistical update 2008/2009 - Country Fact Sheets - Pakistan

it has more than the percapita income..it is a thorough study of the hrd in both the countries..india scores in most of the sections(90%)
though i expect you to post somthing usless and derail the thread.

the report also shows that pakistan lags behind india in the poverty rating as well
india is placed at 87 th place and pakistan at 100th place...the report is an eyopener for you people.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom