What's new

Nepal asks China to extend Tibet railway line to Kathmandu

AMOY

New Recruit

Reaction score
Kathmandu: In a demand that may have strategic geopolitical implications for India, prime minister Madhav Kumar Nepal has asked China to extend the Beijing-Lhasa railway line to Kathmandu.

"The economic ties between Nepal and China could be taken to a new height if the railway line that has reached upto Lhasa from mainland China could be extended upto Kathmandu, and economic infrastructure could be developed on the Himalayan transit points between Nepal and China," prime minister Nepal noted.

The 1956-km long Qinghai-Tibet railway is a high-altitude line that connects Xining in Qinghai to Lhasa, capital of Tibet Autonomous region. This railway is the first to connect China proper with the remote Tibetan region.

Nepal is committed not to allow anti-China activity from its soil, the PM said.

"I would like to assure our Chinese friends to become assured on behalf of Nepal that the Himalayan republic will not allow any anti-China activities on its soil," the prime minister said, inaugurating the Chinese cultural festival in Kathmandu yesterday.

Nepal is fully committed to the One China policy and that the basis of Nepal-China relations is the Panchasheel or the five principle of peaceful coexistence, he said.

that's a great plan,, and perhaps will encounter many difficulties in the technology
.Although need for huge spending, but the money certainly is not a problem

That shell help China spread its influence on the 3rd border of India. I would want to see Bhutan and Bangladesh connecting more and more with China block. Is Burma willing to join the club?

I think upgrading the Karakorum highway to railway or directly build a railway between china and Pakistan is more significant.

I think upgrading the Karakorum highway to railway or directly build a railway between china and Pakistan is more significant.

What makes ya think your good bro to the north can't handle just two little roads at the same time? Oh yeah, I like it the way when Chavez said:"We are going to get some little rockets from Russia." :lol:

Good move that would be :)

India is already worried over Chinese's increasing infulence there now if this also includes it will be good for China and Nepal too bad for India :D

Good move that would be :)

India is already worried over Chinese's increasing infulence there now if this also includes it will be good for China and Nepal too bad for India :D

India always worries. What can we say. China is not a plant. :whistle:

Nepal and china building road network is a step toward progress.
Waiting for the day when i could board a train from Pakistan to China :):pakistan::china:

Very good news. I hope things continue in this manner so that Asia may see economic stability.

If Indian-Chinese issues get solve, we should also ask to extend it to New Delhi. Let face reality. We need access to China and need to see how they performe.

I think in response to Nepal-China railway link, India must make a link between India and Myanmar and if possible India and USA. Now if India decides to build that over the sea or decides to dig a tunnel making a bore from this side of planet to the other is upto them.

GOD! What the hell is making India confront with neighbors. Why doesn't India resolves its border dispute with China and Pakistan? ATOOT ANG hi lay doobe ga isko.. its just the matter of time when it happens, but whatever is written is written.

98% Chinese Internet users support the Qinghai-Tibet Railway extended to Nepal,hahaha

98% Chinese Internet users support the Qinghai-Tibet Railway extended to Nepal,hahaha

Good such a development will also facilitate trade with India :cheers: new trade route

1bd93332513fa5bc91ce4467966e2b95.jpg

View attachment 652fd766c37e4b1258f5ea09dfb3cc04.jpg

123dd8e23527974222031cafae1f0fdc.jpg

View attachment 3fcab149481af4976b0d6a41e25f576b.jpg

f61eced3da02261684ba048a33ca1fc4.jpg

What an amazing marvel :china: superb achievement.

China and India are not the same rail gauge , only can extends to Nepal

I think in response to Nepal-China railway link, India must make a link between India and Myanmar and if possible India and USA. Now if India decides to build that over the sea or decides to dig a tunnel making a bore from this side of planet to the other is upto them.

GOD! What the hell is making India confront with neighbors. Why doesn't India resolves its border dispute with China and Pakistan? ATOOT ANG hi lay doobe ga isko.. its just the matter of time when it happens, but whatever is written is written.

Coz India unlike its neighbors does not make U- turns in its stated stands. Notice.. whichever party comes to power in New Delhi the national foreign policy remains the same.

India does not sell its conscience .. an ' atoot ang' remains an ' atoot ang" simply coz that's how it is , irrespective of pressure & allurements.

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom