What's new

Neo-Colonialism Rule-French Military intervention in Mali

So, anyone can be invaded as long as the "allegation" of "AQ Links" is there?

Mali asked for assistance and the french are fighting with the government forces. Hardly an invasion unless you believe the country belongs to the rebels.

France is doing a noble thing. This Hollande has surprised me. I always considered him as someone who would never indulge in war..

So, anyone can be invaded as long as the "allegation" of "AQ Links" is there?

Its not an invasion.. Mali government requested their assistence.. Even UN is backing French on this..

Mali asked for assistance and the french are fighting with the government forces. Hardly an invasion unless you believe the country belongs to the rebels.

When the Pakistani president goes around begging for US aid...NONE of the civilians are backing him NOR is it ever in PAKISTAN considered PAKISTAN asking for help...Instead it is called somewhere along the lines of: "some retarded swear word followed by begger!"

I am expecting the same from Mali...If their govt cried for help it was prob because someone decided to change the govt and it (the govt) didnt want to be scrapped from its authority and hence sent the SOS signal which the WESTERN world is always waiting for!

Poor coutnries SURPRISINGLY have alot of resources which RICH countries DO NOT! YUP that is how its been for a LONG TIME NOW!!

From Pearls, gold to jewels, Africa has been looted over and over and over!

" Mali Rebels counter attack, promise France long war ". French people don't blame Islam for that , its your own mis-adventure that you are gon'na taste. What these rebels have done to France that their reaction gets so intolerant. Well , for Asian nations France is kind of headache, Am I rite? just exclude india from the list.

Each bombing sortie costs France at least 1.000.000 USD. While a AK-47 wielding fighter costs max 500 USD, equipment incl.

If boots were on ground, costs would rise up. In 21st century, where firearms are common and cheap, France cannot achieve neo colonial ambitions. It would hasten only the fall of France, indirectly of European Union.

When the Pakistani president goes around begging for US aid...NONE of the civilians are backing him NOR is it ever in PAKISTAN considered PAKISTAN asking for help...Instead it is called somewhere along the lines of: "some retarded swear word followed by begger!"

I am expecting the same from Mali...If their govt cried for help it was prob because someone decided to change the govt and it (the govt) didnt want to be scrapped from its authority and hence sent the SOS signal which the WESTERN world is always waiting for!

Poor coutnries SURPRISINGLY have alot of resources which RICH countries DO NOT! YUP that is how its been for a LONG TIME NOW!!

From Pearls, gold to jewels, Africa has been looted over and over and over!

The Politicians have access to advisors and other resources the average man often does not. Therefore they are in a better position to make descisions. Pakistan is a poor economy and lacking any significant resources, the loans may be justified.
Anyway last I recall he was elected.

This is nothing new. Saudi Arabia sent troops to Bahrain to assist the government, as do the Russians and Chinese (on a lower level ) assist the Assad regime in Syria with advisors, equipment and political backing.

Not really true. USA, Russia, China, Gulf Arabs are all resource rich.

Each bombing sortie costs France at least 1.000.000 USD. While a AK-47 wielding fighter costs max 500 USD, equipment incl.

If boots were on ground, costs would rise up. In 21st century, where firearms are common and cheap, France cannot achieve neo colonial ambitions. It would hasten only the fall of France, indirectly of European Union.

True. If anything it will harm France's Economy. War is not cheap.

Good article idune, the West has developed a phobia for Islam and Muslims which is a disturbing development. If governments who are not pro America or some Western puppet they better be prepared being bombed in the name of wiping out terrorism. After Afghanistan, US blamed Iraq for having ties with al-Qaeda and instigating fear that Iraq was developing WMD (nukes and chemical weapons). No nukes were found and the chemical weapons that were found were most likely given to Saddam back in the 80's by UK and other EU countries to be used against Iranians. Egypt and Libya were engulfed in wars, US/EU wants to intervene in Syria and now the French are active in Mali.

The West is not afraid enough of Islamic extremism. Some of the major governments toppled by them are secular(or less Islamic than the alternative) - Mossadegh, Saddam, Mubarak. So they went about creating Irans(Topple a secular leader and make it Islamic dictatorship) and Egypts(Topple a secular dictator and allow for an Islamic leader).

Pan-Islamism, especially the strain that is gaining currency these days is worse enemy than Communism. At least the Communists understood reason and could be threatened with nukes. But the Islamist nutcases would be happy to embrace martyrdom even at the cost of their own self and family.

Unfortunately the West is not pinpointing the problem exactly. Leaders like Bush are going after their personal enemies like Saddam and leaders like Obama are going after dictators apparently to give the gift of democracy to people. Meanwhile there is the masala of Oil politics.

The only comfort is that the idiots are busy killing each other calling the other sects as kaffirs.

It feels like being Islamophobic is good these days(if you notice the sense in which I used the word Islamophobia here). Even for devout muslims.

Surprisingly not one spoke of UN mandate when the gulf arabs and turkiye are promoting terrorism in Syria or Saudis sent forces into Bahrain.

I guess this is the sort of wet dreams which keep the Islamic countries where they are.

If France spends a $mil for a sortie, that is gainful employment for a pilot, the ground staff and the operations staff. And then for the engineers who built the plane, the bombs, the blue collar employees who watches the assembly line making the 1000s of nuts and bolts of the aircraft. All these guys buy their food and clothes from other guys(more jobs!).

You write the math about the guy carrying the AK.

The West is not afraid enough of Islamic extremism. Some of the major governments toppled by them are secular(or less Islamic than the alternative) - Mossadegh, Saddam, Mubarak. So they went about creating Irans(Topple a secular leader and make it Islamic dictatorship) and Egypts(Topple a secular dictator and allow for an Islamic leader).

Pan-Islamism, especially the strain that is gaining currency these days is worse enemy than Communism. At least the Communists understood reason and could be threatened with nukes. But the Islamist nutcases would be happy to embrace martyrdom even at the cost of their own self and family.

Unfortunately the West is not pinpointing the problem exactly. Leaders like Bush are going after their personal enemies like Saddam and leaders like Obama are going after dictators apparently to give the gift of democracy to people. Meanwhile there is the masala of Oil politics.

The only comfort is that the idiots are busy killing each other calling the other sects as kaffirs.

It feels like being Islamophobic is good these days(if you notice the sense in which I used the word Islamophobia here). Even for devout muslims.
Please , This matter of sect is intensified by regional governments and its actually the responsibility of state to intervene in a matters when they getting out of control and ultimatly try to resolve it with negiciations. I don't think you have even knowledge in depth about this issue specially , wat you see is just an upper layer .
That Islamophobic case is bit different in western nations , and why not it would be when their knowledge related to Islamic community is not even more then 0.01% , and here in case of Mali they have ambitions beyond to religion, war against any ideology never resolved any issue and french had that experience in Afghanistan, But Mali is case of neo-colonialism.

Please , This matter of sect is intensified by regional governments and its actually the responsibility of state to intervene in a matters when they getting out of control and ultimatly try to resolve it with negiciations. I don't think you have even knowledge in depth about this issue specially , wat you see is just an upper layer .
I am saying that the sectarianism is what is keeping the Islamists from focussing on attacking the secular societies. Whether they are intensified by governments or not, if these extremists of different sects sorted out their differences and unite against other religions, then the world will be a worse place for people like me.
That Islamophobic case is bit different in western nations , and why not it would be when their knowledge related to Islamic community is not even more then 0.01% , and here in case of Mali they have ambitions beyond to religion, war against any ideology never resolved any issue and french had that experience in Afghanistan, But Mali is case of neo-colonialism.
France did not send forces to Mali to exploit it. Mali has been pleading for help from its neighbors for almost a year now. And the neighbors did make promises to send troops, but did nothing on ground because of various reasons not least economic. This is a fact. Only after it is clear that the yahoos are about to overrun the southern Mali, did France move.

What is your theory about why France helped Mali? What gain does France expect from the support?
war against any ideology never resolved any issue
Heard of Nazism? Fascism?

I am saying that the sectarianism is what is keeping the Islamists from focussing on attacking the secular societies. Whether they are intensified by governments or not, if these extremists of different sects sorted out their differences and unite against other religions, then the world will be a worse place for people like me.

France did not send forces to Mali to exploit it. Mali has been pleading for help from its neighbors for almost a year now. And the neighbors did make promises to send troops, but did nothing on ground because of various reasons not least economic. This is a fact. Only after it is clear that the yahoos are about to overrun the southern Mali, did France move.

What is your theory about why France helped Mali? What gain does France expect from the support?

Heard of Nazism? Fascism?
Just don't start comparing everything with Nazism , you hardly know anything through media about others, You don't need to be act like a leader of world or implement your logics on other as wat every common indian does. You have your own country india for that, Mali is for Malians, instead of intensify situation first atleast try to know about their demands , It has become a fashion to alleged any movement with linked with alqaeda without any proper mass, If your government in any case call outsiders against your citizens then wat are you gon'na suppose to do? Do you accept any intervention in your country, do you accept if anyone get involved in your matters? Think rationally for others too.

Just don't start comparing everything with Nazism , you hardly know anything through media about others, You don't need to be act like a leader of world or implement your logics on other as wat every common indian does. You have your own country india for that, Mali is for Malians, instead of intensify situation first atleast try to know about their demands , It has become a fashion to alleged any movement with linked with alqaeda without any proper mass, If your government in any case call outsiders against your citizens then wat are you gon'na suppose to do? Do you accept any intervention in your country, do you accept if anyone get involved in your matters? Think rationally for others too.
I did not compare Nazism with anything. Please read carefully. Some ideologies like Nazism have to be rooted out.

Please let us know what is it that the Mali rebels demand. The popular theory(I picked it from newspaper reports and AlJazeera stories) is that they want Sharia implemented in the country and want to overthrow the government. If this is accurate, then the French intervention is justified.

I did not compare Nazism with anything. Please read carefully. Some ideologies like Nazism have to be rooted out.

Please let us know what is it that the Mali rebels demand. The popular theory(I picked it from newspaper reports and AlJazeera stories) is that they want Sharia implemented in the country and want to overthrow the government. If this is accurate, then the French intervention is justified.
Only Sharia implementation isn't the case, Wat i figured is that these rebel consist Islamist and seculer forces both , they must have some sort of point based agenda, These African nation don't have any stable economy, and majority is much poor then ruling elite . The same case we saw in Syria when public had started protest in 2011 and suddenly Their own army started rampage campaign against them, Homs, Damascus ,Aleppo etc and today when their own young generation is divided into patriots and Rebels, then thay have starts alleging them as Al-qaeda link campaign. This strategy where your government starts calling other terrorist is a disasterous condition for any nation , where you yourself creating a criteria of not returning for them.

Back
Top Bottom