What's new

Nehru snooped upon key Bose family members : Declassified IB files

Even I want the files out, but whether you care or not, do you think he was a nazi? :D
He absolutely was not. Authoritarian - sure. We needed that for a few years post independence. We are a nation of slackers - we need a whip to come to shape. Once that's done, the rest can be handled by democrats. A larger Singapore for example. :P

He absolutely was not. Authoritarian - sure. We needed that for a few years post independence. We are a nation of slackers - we need a whip to come to shape. Once that's done, the rest can be handled by democrats. A larger Singapore for example. :P

Yes, I think he would have preferred at least 10-15 years of authoritarian single party rule before opening up for democratic processes, and 'secularism' wouldn't have become a bad word if he was there instead of Nehru, probably religions wouldn't have any role in his government. Netaji would have followed the same thing that Mustafa Kemal Ataturk followed in Turkey.

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yes, I think he would have preferred at least 10-15 years of authoritarian single party rule before opening up for democratic processes, and 'secularism' wouldn't have become a bad word if he was there instead of Nehru, probably religions wouldn't have any role in his government. Netaji would have followed the same thing that Mustafa Kemal Ataturk followed in Turkey.

Mustafa Kemal Atatürk - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Yes, a true equal for all secular rule would have been fine by me. The handicapped secularism gave the boost to the Jan Sangh. Slight modifications here and there - and we would have done well. Many would have been hurt/killed - but there's always a price to pay. I personally would be willing to pay it.

Yes, a true equal for all secular rule would have been fine by me. The handicapped secularism gave the boost to the Jan Sangh. Slight modifications here and there - and we would have done well. Many would have been hurt/killed - but there's always a price to pay. I personally would be willing to pay it.

Currently there is no other word which is as strongly abused as 'secularism' in this country such is the sad state of affairs

Why many would have been hurt/killed? The present situation of communal politics and rising fundamentalism is a result of flawed secularism, a true 'separation of church and state' from the very beginning would have prevented a lot of these present religious fundamentalism.

Why many would have been hurt/killed? The present situation of communal politics and rising fundamentalism is a result of flawed secularism, a true 'separation of church and state' from the very beginning would have prevented a lot of these present religious fundamentalism.
It would have hurt the salesmen of religion.

Partial declassification of Bose files by earlier govt: Rijiju | Zee News
Last Updated: Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 19:39

Panchkula: Only "partial declassification" of files pertaining to Subhas Chandra Bose has been done by the earlier government and all facts pertaining to him will be put in public domain as and when they emerge, Union Minister Kiran Rijiju on Sunday said.

"The declassification of some part of the files related to Bose, which has been done, that has not been done by our government. Earlier government had declassified it and through this things are coming out. So, how are we leaking it. So far, only partial declassification has been done," he told reporters here on the sidelines of a function.

Asked if the Narendra Modi government will declassify the whole thing, he replied, "what is needed to be done, we will definitely do that."

Intelligence Bureau had kept relatives of Bose under close surveillance for two decades, most of which was during Jawaharlal Nehru's tenure as Prime Minister, according to an archival material, which recently set off a political controversy.

To a question, Rijiju said "we will get in touch with all agencies and take full information (pertaining to Bose)".

"Any facts which will come out pertaining to him (Bose), we will inform the public about it," he said.

The Union Minister of State for Home Affairs also took a dig at opposition Congress, which had levelled charges of "snooping" on party's vice president Rahul Gandhi.

About Rahul Gandhi, he said, "it was a normal routine check, but they (Congress) say we are snooping, even when it is a normal routine thing."

"Our nation respects Subhas Chandra Bose as a tall freedom fighter. And when things come to fore that (Pt Jawaharlal) Nehru ji sought information about him (Bose), did snooping and had intelligence sleuths behind him, then Congress people have no answer to that and they try to sidestep the issue."

Earlier, the minister addressed a seminar organised by Forum for Awareness of National Security (FANS), on the topic "Drug trade and its implications on national security" and "Abuse of women: Challenges and responses".

PTI

Partial declassification of Bose files by earlier govt: Rijiju | Zee News
Last Updated: Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 19:39

Panchkula: Only "partial declassification" of files pertaining to Subhas Chandra Bose has been done by the earlier government and all facts pertaining to him will be put in public domain as and when they emerge, Union Minister Kiran Rijiju on Sunday said.

"The declassification of some part of the files related to Bose, which has been done, that has not been done by our government. Earlier government had declassified it and through this things are coming out. So, how are we leaking it. So far, only partial declassification has been done," he told reporters here on the sidelines of a function.

Asked if the Narendra Modi government will declassify the whole thing, he replied, "what is needed to be done, we will definitely do that."

Intelligence Bureau had kept relatives of Bose under close surveillance for two decades, most of which was during Jawaharlal Nehru's tenure as Prime Minister, according to an archival material, which recently set off a political controversy.

To a question, Rijiju said "we will get in touch with all agencies and take full information (pertaining to Bose)".

"Any facts which will come out pertaining to him (Bose), we will inform the public about it," he said.

The Union Minister of State for Home Affairs also took a dig at opposition Congress, which had levelled charges of "snooping" on party's vice president Rahul Gandhi.

About Rahul Gandhi, he said, "it was a normal routine check, but they (Congress) say we are snooping, even when it is a normal routine thing."

"Our nation respects Subhas Chandra Bose as a tall freedom fighter. And when things come to fore that (Pt Jawaharlal) Nehru ji sought information about him (Bose), did snooping and had intelligence sleuths behind him, then Congress people have no answer to that and they try to sidestep the issue."

Earlier, the minister addressed a seminar organised by Forum for Awareness of National Security (FANS), on the topic "Drug trade and its implications on national security" and "Abuse of women: Challenges and responses".

PTI

This is true they will do "partial declassification" because afterall they have to fight Elections both in "West Bengal" and "Next General Elections".

There is no point in hiding information as it was done for last 67years by the Govt., most of them Congress. Few more months wait, dont do any harm.

We will see Selective Declassifications as and when its suits this Government.

Last Updated: Sunday, April 12, 2015 - 23:14
Netaji's grandnephew to meet PM Modi in Berlin on Monday | Zee News

Berlin: Amid a row over snooping on close relatives of Subhas Chandra Bose, his grandnephew has said he will meet Prime Minister Narendra Modi in Germany on Monday to demand declassification of all secret files related to the freedom fighter.

"Subhas Bose did not belong just to his direct family. He had himself said that the whole country is his family. I do not think it's just the duty of the family to raise this issue (of declassification of Netaji files)," Surya Kumar Bose, grandnephew of Bose, said.

Wading into the row, Ardhendu Bose, Netaji's nephew, said, "I think it was a bit harsh that they were personally monitoring (family members)."

With the documents revealing that intelligence services and diplomats overseas were told to keep an eye on what they were doing, "probably goes to prove that they knew that Netaji was not dead. They knew that he did not die in an air crash," he said.

"The family feels betrayed. Truth should prevail. All hope that the Indian government will bring out the truth," Ardhendu said.

Surya said, "It is the duty of the people of India to raise the issue. If I do get an opportunity to meet the Prime Minister, talk to him for a few minutes, then I would certainly raise the issue."

Surya, also the president of the Indo-German Association in Hamburg, has been invited by the Indian embassy to attend a reception for Modi here tomorrow.

Another grand nephew of the charismatic leader, Chandra Bose said, "The time has now come to declassify Netaji files. Saying it would affect India's relations with other nations is simply a lame excuse. The Modi government has been talking of transparency and now it is the time to provide transparency by releasing those files which will tell us what happened to Netaji during his last years."

Chandra expressed surprise over the Modi government giving the "same excuse" as the Prime Minister's Office under Manmohan Singh to block declassification of Netaji files.

"The Prime Minister's office under the Manmohan Singh government made a statement saying if they de-classify these files, they would have problems with friendly neighbours. That's a damaging statement," he said.

In an RTI reply, the Prime Minister's Office has refused to declassify secret files relating to Netaji arguing that the "disclosure would prejudicially affect relations with foreign countries."

PTI

Back
Top Bottom