What's new

Need advice to buy a new car

Nice but too old, and yes the engine size :woot:

Seems like I have found the answer. VW Polo, engine size 1.2 - 1.6, year 2008, 09, 10.

This is my choice and I will keep checking the cars. I am very hopeful I will find one within this price range. I may go up to £4000 and not above that since I might have to pay 500 - 3000 pounds for the insurance as well (depending upon the home address and car details)

Seems like I have found the answer. VW Polo, engine size 1.2 - 1.6, year 2008, 09, 10.

This is my choice and I will keep checking the cars. I am very hopeful I will find one within this price range. I may go up to £4000 and not above that since I might have to pay 500 - 3000 pounds for the insurance as well (depending upon the home address and car details)
Don't forget to pay for your license plate :lol:

Insurance was never that high. What happened? Did they increase it recently (past 5 years)?

It depends upon area to area. In London it's usually very expensive...

Imagine a car with value of £1150 pounds only quotes me insurance of £3200 at my address... while it shows only £650 at my friend's home little far from London

ROFL

Imagine a car with value of £1150 pounds only quotes me insurance of £3200 at my address... while it shows only £650 at my friend's home little far from London

ROFL

Is insurance compulsory in the UK?

ROFL

Call around to see if any insurers accept a "No Claims Letter" from Pakistan, such as Direct Line or AAA. If so, then get a letter made from Pakistan from an insurance company on its letterhead stating that you have been insured with them for a suitable number of years (typically >7 yrs) prior to your move to UK and enjoyed a full "No Claims Discount". Under the correct set of circumstances, it may be worth up to 70%. It is worth a shot.

Is insurance compulsory in the UK?
and yet they haven't made any effort ever to keep insurance premiums within affordable range for people..
All laws are against People and in Favor of the rich...That includes making Insurance compulsory and yet making no legislation for how the insurance companies can calculate premiums...

and yet they haven't made any effort ever to keep insurance premiums within affordable range for people..
All laws are against People and in Favor of the rich...That includes making Insurance compulsory and yet making no legislation for how the insurance companies can calculate premiums...

There is a process for determining those numbers run by actuaries.

Call around to see if any insurers accept a "No Claims Letter" from Pakistan, such as Direct Line or AAA. If so, then get a letter made from Pakistan from an insurance company on its letterhead stating that you have been insured with them for a suitable number of years (typically >7 yrs) prior to your move to UK and enjoyed a full "No Claims Discount". Under the correct set of circumstances, it may be worth up to 70%. It is worth a shot.

British banks are the ones who are running and in most cases also own most insurance companies..and now since they cannot charge hefty fines a sthey used to..They are compensating their lost revenue via driving motor insurance through the roof...

I know but it's not going to work for me since I am living in UK since childhood.

I could just use my friend's address if I want and get 80% off from the insurance. But I would not go for tricky stuff and simply pay a one off payment and complete peace of mind for the rest of the year.

There is a process for determining those numbers run by actuaries.

Actuaries is mathemetics not legislation...
and how much i can pay for car insurance is determined by my bank account....
Most insurance premiums even for second hand used cars are now more than 50 pounds a month....
yet people have stopped over speeding and even driving unnecessarily...which according to "Actuary" should reduce risks for insurers...yet their actuary asks them to increase premiums..

I know but it's not going to work for me since I am living in UK since childhood.

I could just use my friend's address if I want and get 80% off from the insurance. But I would not go for tricky stuff and simply pay a one off payment and complete peace of mind for the rest of the year.

its not tricky stuff..The law allows you to do this..Ask around a bit...

Back
Top Bottom