What's new

Need advice to buy a new car

Hello,

I need to buy a new car probably by next month. Budget is too little since I am not a millionaire yet. Please advice which car would you recommend under this budget. I am single so don't need seven seater or estate cars so please advice sincerely. My personal preferences are nothing, just want a suitable car that doesn't look bad while visiting my relatives house or sometimes long journey of 400-600 miles when travelling outside the city after a month or two.

Budget is only: £3500 or 5500 dollars...

I live in London so my car insurance is expensive... so have to rely on cheaper cars :cry:

Please advice :D

---------------

Edit: Please note that I am only interested in 5 doors car

Bhai, considering your budget, I recommend used Honda(probably civic). They don't die easy and good on gas. :tup:

I know but it's not going to work for me since I am living in UK since childhood.

I could just use my friend's address if I want and get 80% off from the insurance. But I would not go for tricky stuff and simply pay a one off payment and complete peace of mind for the rest of the year.

Young man, I still don't understand why you'd want to buy a car in a place like London ? Between the Subway, the Bus and a Bicycle....you should be set ! :D

Unless of course Liverpool ja kar Anfiled Stadium per salami deini ho !

Actuaries is mathemetics not legislation...
and how much i can pay for car insurance is determined by my bank account....
Most insurance premiums even for second hand used cars are now more than 50 pounds a month....
yet people have stopped over speeding and even driving unnecessarily...which according to "Actuary" should reduce risks for insurers...yet their actuary asks them to increase premiums..................

Actuarial determinations of risk include credit ratings as well as costs to repair vehicles, among many other factors that go into determining premiums for insurance.

Actuarial determinations of risk include credit ratings as well as costs to repair vehicles, among many other factors that go into determining premiums for insurance.

Actuary or not..
If government makes something necessary by law..
Its their responsibility to monitor the costs and affordability for the masses...
Usually in UK..in most cases the Insurance Quote is twice the cost of the car itself...
i an unaware whatever happened to actuary...

Young man, I still don't understand why you'd want to buy a car in a place like London ? Between the Subway, the Bus and a Bicycle....you should be set ! :D

Unless of course Liverpool ja kar Anfiled Stadium per salami deini ho !

Mujhe travelling ka bohat shoq hai so bohat baar long drive, train ya jahaz istamal karna parta hai... so car means savings in long term :D

Mujhe travelling ka bohat shoq hai so bohat baar long drive, train ya jahaz istamal karna parta hai... so car means savings in long term :D

So does 'Cycling' ! Koi thoraa jiyaa tiddd hee andar ho jai ga old age me ! :D

Actuary or not..
If government makes something necessary by law..
Its their responsibility to monitor the costs and affordability for the masses...
Usually in UK..in most cases the Insurance Quote is twice the cost of the car itself...
i an unaware whatever happened to actuary...

You obviously still have much to learn.

The cost of acquiring a vehicle is only one part of the overall cost of ownership. For young drivers in higher risk areas, the premiums can easily be much more than the value of the car itself.

You can always buy this piece of sh.. you may have heard of it it's called the Tata Nano Europa

tata_nano_euro_yellow_00_opt.jpg

But I don't recommend it but it does seem to fit your budget restriction.

It's not true, it will depend upon the area and the car itself.

I checked the insurance on the car worth £1150 was almost similar to the car worth £3000 couple of days ago. Two different cars but same address. The newer the car is, the lower the insurance is going to be

For two or more people, a car still works out cheaper quite often, not to mention more convenient. For a single person who books good deals in advance for travel within UK certainly, and a lot of the European continent generally, the car may be a little more expensive.

You can always buy this piece of sh.. you may have heard of it it's called the Tata Nano Europa

tata_nano_euro_yellow_00_opt.jpg

But I don't recommend it but it does seem to fit your budget restriction.

It fits nicely but not interested in Nano...

The cost of acquiring a vehicle is only one part of the overall cost of ownership. For young drivers in higher risk areas, the premiums can easily be much more than the value of the car itself.

For example My post code is "High risk area"
and i been living here for many years and never saw any car crash...Go figure
:cheesy:

and yet you are looking for small city cars..Not built for frequent long drives

For two or more people, a car still works out cheaper quite often, not to mention more convenient. For a single person who books good deals in advance for travel within UK certainly, and a lot of the European continent generally, the car may be a little more expensive.

The return ticket to Paris from Train is £69 if purchased 21 days in advance. So imagine 69 x 5 equal 345 pounds for 5 passengers if purchased 3 weeks in advance. But for car it's like a petrol below £100 and all 5 people can travel at their time. That's around £25 to cross the border via ferry/train.

So yes car is cheaper if you are travelling in group :D

Chengy Bhai then a young man like yourself should ditch a car for a bicycle !

For example My post code is "High risk area"
and i been living here for many years and never saw any car crash...Go figure
:cheesy:

VC is right Safriz,

The explanation he gave was correct...
and yet you are looking for small city cars..Not built for frequent long drives

yes because I don't have to travel long journeys on my car very frequently. It's only once or twice per two months. Rest of time I am travelling within London and Essex areas

Back
Top Bottom