What's new

Need advice to buy a new car

You can always buy this piece of sh.. you may have heard of it it's called the Tata Nano Europa
But I don't recommend it but it does seem to fit your budget restriction.
You recommended Indian car....there are tears in my eyes....:enjoy:

Chengy Bhai then a young man like yourself should ditch a car for a bicycle !

Well, a six zone annual pass on the London Underground is about 3 thousand pounds. A bicycle would be cheaper surely, but would take a long time, not to mention the cold and wet weather.

yes because I don't have to travel long journeys on my car very frequently. It's only once or twice per two months. Rest of time I am travelling within London and Essex areas

Phi eik kaaam to karnaa : The next time you get a chance to visit Liverpool go to Anfield and kiss the walls of the Stadium ! Meraaa Hajj puraa ho jai ga. :D

Well, a six zone annual pass on the London Underground is about 3 thousand pounds. A bicycle would be cheaper surely, but would take a long time, not to mention the cold and wet weather.

Yaar sukht jaaan banaa chahiyeee...app ki koi ummmer hai softie honei kiii ! :disagree:

How about the Toyota IQ, it is a stylish and safe compact city car you get nearly everything you want with little compromise. I think it fits your budget restriction.

2127456420_toyota_iq_interior.jpg

iq_interior.jpg

Put this one on your list for sure.

Check out additional information below

Toyota UK - New cars, Used cars, Reviews and Test Drives | Toyota UK

VC is right Safriz,

The explanation he gave was correct...

yes because I don't have to travel long journeys on my car very frequently. It's only once or twice per two months. Rest of time I am travelling within London and Essex areas

Nope he isnt..
I have launched a protest against insurance premiums an year ago,to the Parliament and have since done plenty of search/Research on the subject trying to convince lawmakers (By spamming their letter boxes)..
The rising premiums have minimal link with actual costs....The rise in premiums isn't proportionate to the rise in costs of Maintenance...In fact Insurers pay far less now to the claimant than they did a few years ago..
For example there was no "Compulsory excess" ,and if you didn't notice,now third party only..insurances cost more than Comprehensive,which doesn't make sense if going by simple mathematics....

How about the Toyota IQ, it is a stylish and safe compact city car you get nearly everything you want with little compromise. I think it fits your budget restriction.

I really liked this car since I did not even know about Toyota IQ before - but the cheapest car available on their site is worth £5990 --- I couldn't find any cheaper than that... well I will keep this in mind

Nope he isnt..
I have launched a protest against insurance premiums an year ago,to the Parliament and have since done plenty of search/Research on the subject trying to convince lawmakers (By spamming their letter boxes)..
The rising premiums have minimal link with actual costs....The rise in premiums isn't proportionate to the rise in costs of Maintenance...In fact Insurers pay far less now to the claimant than they did a few years ago..
For example there was no "Compulsory excess" ,and if you didn't notice,now third party only..insurances cost more than Comprehensive,which doesn't make sense if going by simple mathematics....

Oh well I do agree that the third-party-insurance is ridiculously more expensive than comprehensive. It has happened and I do not know how... but no idea how the system works.

I really liked this car since I did not even know about Toyota IQ before - but the cheapest car available on their site is worth £5990 --- I couldn't find any cheaper than that... well I will keep this in mind

Oh well I do agree that the third-party-insurance is ridiculously more expensive than comprehensive. It has happened and I do not know how... but no idea how the system works.

Yeah I saw the one that is £5,990. What you could do is put a down payment on it and arrange a loan to pay off the rest, I think it's a good opportunity. Toyota Iq I think would be the perfect safe and stylish compact city car very ideal. Go there and take a test drive.

Check it out Zakii

This is your car

Toyota iQ 2010 - Video - YouTube

Yeah I saw the one that is £5,990. What you could do is put a down payment on it and arrange a loan to pay off the rest, I think it's a good opportunity. Toyota Iq I think would be the perfect safe and stylish compact city car very ideal. Go there and take a test drive.

Check it out Zakii

This is your car

Toyota iQ 2010 - Video - YouTube

oops that is 2/3 door only.... I need 5 doors :cry:

Toyata camry. Hands down. You'll thank me later.

I thank you now :lol:

Like I said before, only car that impressed me from Toyota series is Toyota Prius... especially when it's running on hybrid mode. I love that car for a very good reason. I was actually thinking to buy European version since I have used some Japenese/Korean cars in past

This Toyota IQ looks good as well.. but I need 5 doors for my family

Hell yeah! And rest of Europe as well. Not having insurance is worse than not having a license to drive! :blink:

Call around to see if any insurers accept a "No Claims Letter" from Pakistan, such as Direct Line or AAA. If so, then get a letter made from Pakistan from an insurance company on its letterhead stating that you have been insured with them for a suitable number of years (typically >7 yrs) prior to your move to UK and enjoyed a full "No Claims Discount". Under the correct set of circumstances, it may be worth up to 70%. It is worth a shot.

Damn, thats ridiculous. Here is Oz, only the third party insurance is compulsory, which basically covers the medical bill and stuff if you ever were to injure someone while driving. Other than that there is annual registration fees, all up its around $700 ( £450). Only that bit is compulsory, fire, theft, third party damage, and comprehensive insurance is all optional.

Damn, thats ridiculous. Here is Oz, only the third party insurance is compulsory, which basically covers the medical bill and stuff if you ever were to injure someone while driving. Other than that there is annual registration fees, all up its around $700 ( £450). Only that bit is compulsory, fire, theft, third party damage, and comprehensive insurance is all optional.

Same here in UK.. but these days third party is more expensive comparing to comprehensive. I don't know why but most of the times this is true

Here you need car insurance (third party minimal and comprehensive is optional, road tax and MOT) --- nothing else.

I don't think we need annual registration as I have never paid one

Like I said before, only car that impressed me from Toyota series is Toyota Prius... especially when it's running on hybrid mode. I love that car for a very good reason. I was actually thinking to buy European version since I have used some Japenese/Korean cars in past

Then you want to look into Honda FiT. Toyota Prius is also a great compact city car and hybrid is a plus. Honda FiT is a competitor of Totoya Prius.

honda-jazz_015.jpg

0803_02_z+2009_honda_fit+interior_view.jpg

2011-honda-fit-hybrid-04.jpg

Hybrid model interior 2011

Obviously the extras will cost you more but you can get one
Without built in navigation gps and use your own. FiT also comes in hybrid model.

Jazz | Cars| Honda (UK)

In the UK it is cled the Honda Jazz...

What is a five door car? Or have I been frozen in time?

Honda FiT really has a beautiful urban and modern interior which beats the interior of a Toyota Prius.

honda-jazz-1_0.jpg

It has this Econ button that will modify your cars performance for economical driving and better gas mileage so you can use it only when you need to, this beats the Prius I think, not sure if Prius has a feature like this.

6a00d8341e286453ef0115708418db970b-650wi

Back
Top Bottom