What's new

Nearly 5 years on ...

And what about the most important country of all.....BD :D
BD is not my concern!

Before, I held views that all Pakistanis are terrorists. Because that is how Indian media portray Pakistan. After joining PDF, I learned that they are like anyone else. They have both bad and good people.

On Chinese, I held views that they are good and hard working people. Now I see them as lazy and full of hubris. I don't like them

BDians are the worst of the lot. Most of them are close minded and radicalized.

Iranian are the best on this forum.

I don't know much about others.
You talked about people of different countries not about the countries?

Well people all over the world are almost the same. most good, some ugly and same bad.

I actually like BDians as they seem to hate India more than us:p:, how cute.

"True" enemies make interesting bedfellows hehe.

But the way I see it, they just carry a bigger chip on shoulder than most others in the region. Whoever is closer to them gauges the size of that chip better. :P

I am going soon to clock 5 years on PDF - yep nearly half a decade with over 5,000 posts. So what I have learn't or have my views changed over the time? And do I detect any change?

To the first I have changed in some ways. I think I came to PDF as more pro American then I am now. My views about that country have gone negative over time. I think the same applies to Israel.

As regards India I came already with hostile views of that country but after all the interaction I have had with Indian's and besides I have become even more hostile. I don't think I could get more hostile of India even if I tried. I hold it in utter contempt. That of course does not mean there are good Indians here with whom I have enjoyed discussing.

My views on Iran are same as five years ago - have rather have soft spot for that country but I have become frustrated with the ruling mullacracy in that country and have almost despaired that Iran will ever free itself from the the hooligans who took it over in 1979. I find Iran difficult and a complicated country which behaves in very unique but frustrating way. It's like a person you want to be friends with but that friend lacks the social graces and is so awkward that you struggle to strike a friendly conversation with.

Turkey has been surprise for me. I held a positive image of that country already but since my time in PDF my respect for that country has gone up significantly for the simple reason that there are some great Turkish members. Affable and sensible comes to mind.

My views about Arabs is same as when I first came. It was low and it remains low so no change there. Banglas, I regarded as minus zero but now I regard them as zero. So progress there.

As regards Pakistani's my general feeling is that they are getting better and more sensible. I won't call it secular but I think the grip of fanatical religion is showing signs of abating. A fresher more Pak centric generation is growing up and that is great news. I joined my first forum in early 2000s I recal most of the Pakistani's were just turds - full religious hogwash and narrow minded. It was scary.

Chinese have been a revelation. They are my second favourites after the Turks. I see great future for Pak/China and the Chinese members here are vanguard of a great future. I know great things will come out of this. Chinese will not only bring infrastructure, trade, business revolution but will augur much needed change in social outlook.

So let us hear from other members how, if any way their views have changed over the years eitheir through PDF or general life experiances.
Rulao gy kya... :P

Nice thread friend. Hope to see you around for many more years as well and may be in 5 years time we will have another similar thread. It was nice to read!!

I spent only 3 months and I lost my politeness and manners .
I just realised how rude and dek heads people are .
Thinking to leave it .
As for politics , I get bashed for having sympathy for the poor afghans , balochistan separatists etc .
Anyway the interaction with different people here is :
I've realised that indians are more tolerate and broad mind in nature, maybe I interacted with the good ones , I never hated indians , they're like my own pakistanis except their leaders.

As for turkish ,. Only interacted with HAKIKAT, Sinan , neutuen. They're nice and kind . Felt like my elders .

As for Chinese , they're same as turkish .

As for iran, all is good about it except their racism and superiority complex .
As for afghans , I never interacted with anyone . But there was a guy A team who used to poSt about afghanistan , he was tolerant and kind .

Pakistanis , as it's a pakistani forum , interacted with Pakistanis most , so pakistanis are like me , some good and some bad. They're moody. Some are judgemental and I hate this, one should be ready to accept contrary views . I don't like kaptaan even .

I had a good time too here as it really helped me to decrease my depression and anxiety but I want to be kind and polite as I was .

But anyway , it's not my type forum .
Politics is useless .

Last edited:
A very humble advise from me

Never judge a nation or it's people by a handful of representatives in a online forum, Especially a defense forum where the majority will be "Defensive".. There are good and bad in every country and community, Humans are thought to be prejudiced in their own environment but we learn about each other as we expand our knowledge and i'm glad i joined PDF, It has expanded my knowledge and given insights to various subject matter other platforms would have not managed to, Truly Thankful

Btw and met atleast online some brilliant people, From all over, With varying opinions but equally great

Nearly 2 months on here are my views.

US - lol

Israel - Oyyy veeeey

China - China numba 1!

Iran - Qaher 313

Saudi Arabia - Diabetes

Pakistan funny sounding name lol

Bangladesh - funny sounding name lol

India - good curry

Turkey - good kebab

Sadly our country is in a situation where the Republic and its institutions are being challenged everydays,and our society rigged with problems,but I hope for a better future in the coming months/years with a strong leader,a strong Republic and strong institutions. Currently this is only anger and disappointments by disappointments and I think some of you can see it in my posts. I know that no country will ever be an utopia,but it's good to hope for the best.... for any country in fact. ;)

I say bring back the witches and the sorcery!!!

I think I started following PDF in either September or October 2007 but joined a lot later. My opinion is given below for listed countries and its citizens.
1- didn't know much about Pakistan or Pakistani citizens and their opinions but after joining I realize how beautiful your country is both geographically and Flora and fauna. Earlier thought almost all Pakistani citizens are extremely religious leading to extreme views towards other religion followers but now I believe many of you folks are really busy in your day to day life almost all Indians are here. Religious freedom wise bit negative, food wise top of the line. I also learnt here how many golden opportunity your country has lost in last 7 decades.
2- Afghanistan was bit negative but now hold positive views as I have met Afghan people personally. I believe Pakistani people have negative views towards them due to lack of people to people communication.
Middle easy- thought it was gold mine of oil, now I know it's terrorism den but native people are resilient and still fighting for freedom which is theirs.
Turkey - generally had positive views, now turning negative due to current turmoil and domestic policy in last few years.
CAR - had negative/neutral views, now very positive.
south east Asian- I had very positive views but now it's neautral for some, negative for some and for 4-5 countries it's very positive.
Far east - Japan and South Korea very positive views still same views. North Korea very negative views, still same. I had China views positive for great manufacturing industry, I thought on similar scale of European and Japanese tech based industry. Now it's negative knowing it's fully manpower based. Services industry very lower than my thoughts. Military same as earlier, its main driving force and extremely powerful on local areas.
Asutrailia & new zeland - good, now it's better.
North America- powerhouse if world, still it is but left leaning people getting mejority leading to corrosion in its keel. Loosing it's free values slowly slowly.
South America- far positive views, now it's coming down.
Africa - place filled with unmatched natural resources but incapable leadership. Same still but African Union is a standout.
Last but not the least SAARC countries - positive views of people, negative views of few government like Nepal Sri Lanka Maldives. I have people from these countries working with me and worked in last, very hard working but as per their tells, their local government depending on doles. Might not be 100 percent accurate but there is.
On overall note, I had generally good knowledge of world affairs, still improving.
Thank you all, good day!!!

Never judge a nation or it's people by a handful of representatives in a online forum, Especially a defense forum where the majority will be "Defensive".. There are good and bad in every country and community, Humans are thought to be prejudiced in their own environment but we learn about each other as we expand our knowledge and i'm glad i joined PDF, It has expanded my knowledge and given insights to various subject matter other platforms would have not managed to, Truly Thankful

Btw and met atleast online some brilliant people, From all over, With varying opinions but equally great
I have met people from Sri Lanka and they tend to have a pretty good behavior and approach. Nice observation on them as most of them bust my local place in Sarnath.

Last edited:

Well said brotha! :)

I'm going on 10 years here come Dec-I was still just a teenager when I joined ( now you can guess where that model thread came from I guess hormones eh ?) lol. I think my golden years on this forum were 2008-2012 though I don't post a huge deal compared to before life gets in the way now. I really miss some of my old tharki friends who no longer post but I've recently become somewhat active again :cheesy:

Name some tharki friends? May be they will appear again. :D

On moderators I had extreme positive views of @Oscar sir, now it's negative, though he never rated me as such. @Manticore, @waz, @WAJsal are one of best guys here, have loved your posts very much. Must have similar thoughts in real life as well I believe. @WebMaster sir very down to earth person, always interacts personally if anybody is having any trouble in any way, just like the way we have saying here "Father of the family".
Thank you.

was hugely -ve on the US but thanks to Trump I've become a fan and respect them a lot now.

Pakistan - lots of good normal people and discussion here, I like that, the pro jihad crowd I do not like.

I spend close to 5 years myself....... Had some good interactions and gained lot of knowledge, It was nice to get to know the Pakistani perspective (other wise it was only from those guests on arnab's shows).....The most important point, Never got banned, and i think in this 5 years only 1 infraction that too in the very first month i joined and that was by our very own @WebMaster :angry:.....

I spend close to 5 years myself....... Had some good interactions and gained lot of knowledge, It was nice to get to know the Pakistani perspective (other wise it was only from those guests on arnab's shows).....The most important point, Never got banned, and i think in this 5 years only 1 infraction that too in the very first month i joined and that was by our very own @WebMaster :angry:.....

Who can ever ban someone with a baby avatar? :D

Back
Top Bottom