What's new

Nawaz Sharif: If Pakistan is to prosper, we must stop bashing India

Its common knowledge how much money most of the leaders of Pakistan have stashed away all over the world. If the press highlights it people will say the press has sold out to some foreign forces.

In fact why just blame the politicians, show me an honest bureaucrat, civil servant, businessman, etc. and I will show you 10 more who are totally corrupt.

Of all the politicians I think Imran Khan is perhaps the least corrupted and untainted by financial scandals. I dont agree with much of his politics but on this point he is certainly the best.

This time Pakistan Establishment will make sure they kill him no second chance even won't be able to save him.

Damn, I thought we were in Naswarville. Lets keep the off topic posts a minimum.

Mian sahab's statements are both for certain pragmatic quarters.. and more so for his own financial interests.

Nawaz urges end to India-Pakistan arms race

ISLAMABAD: Despite a recent spike in tensions on the Kashmir border, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif on Friday called for an end to a long-running arms race between Pakistan and India, and a stop to a decades-old ‘blame game’.

“We have been in a very unfortunate arms race with India ever since partition. Both Pakistan and India have wasted so much money in military hardware and building up their defenses against each other,” Sharif told British newspaper the Telegraph in an interview.

“They have been running after MiG-29s, we have been running after F-16s; they have been buying more tanks and we have been running after submarines. Look at how expensive they are,” he said. “I think this must come to an end.”

Sharif said his government, which was swept into power in the May 11 general elections, believed in peacefully resolving ongoing conflicts with India to cut down defense spending.

“The money wasted in defense should have gone into social sectors…into education, healthcare. I hope both countries realise…these mistakes that we’ve made. And I think the main objective of making peace with each other is to get rid of all that,” he said, referring to the staggering amounts spent on military expenditure of both South Asian neighbours.

Sharif said both countries needed to reduce their defence budgets, but that this could not be a one-sided action. “We have to do it together, and India will also have to do it.”

The Pakistani prime minister’s statements come amid rising tensions between the two states, with both sides accusing each other of ceasefire violations at the Line of Control (LoC), the heavily militarised border in Kashmir.

But in his interview to the Telegraph, Sharif also called for a stop to the regular exchanges of accusations in what he described an age-old “blame game”.

“This blame game has been going on again. This blame game has also been going on for 67 years. Anything going wrong in India, they blame us. Anything going wrong in Pakistan, we blame them. And I think this blame game has to stop,” he said.

“This is what we’ve witnessed in the past. This is what, unfortunately, I'm witnessing on the Line of Control. And then India accuses Pakistan…for allowing its soil to be used against India.”

Although the Pakistani premier pointed out reports of a ‘hidden hand’ in terrorist activities in Pakistan, he tried to frame his words cautiously.

“Our sources also tell me that there is a hidden hand of India in certain disturbances going on in Pakistan, and the acts of terrorism that take place in many parts of Pakistan. This information comes to me from time to time,” he said.

But when asked by the interviewer if the reports were credible and if he believed them, he replied: “Actually I don’t want to go any further on that.”

“This must stop,” he said, referring to the blame game.
Nawaz urges end to India-Pakistan arms race - DAWN.COM

People of pakistan brought him back to power. So obviously they have faith in him, so we have to assume that he is right when he says "for Pakistan to prosper we need to stop bashing India"
but one thing which keeps getting me confused is where exactly are we bashing India? If anyone here is being bashed its Pakistan. Just look at the hyper drive the Indian sarkar along with their media and armed forces is against Pakistan. So where exactly is NS seeing Pakistan bashing India, that he felt the need to come up with a statement such as this.:undecided:

I was thinking the same actually. After recent tension between India and Pakistan, its India all the way who is bashing Pakistan, and NS's govt in return kept silence and hadn't uttered a word about it. Our men are dying at LoC regularly and Indian media have literally waged war against us but nothing substantial from our Govt in reply.

And then this fat fart came up with this statement.. :hitwall:

Nawaz doesn't know the real situation, the reality, Pakistan gets bashed from India more than Pakistan bashes india, he is just getting indian sympathy by giving these kinds of statements.
If Pakistan is to prosper nawaz must go!

aray bhai yeh to India Pakistan ki thread ha IK kahan sa bech main ahh gaya??? Abb log khud he noora raj ka under rehna chata hain to hum kya kerin, majboori ha bhai....majority is the authority. Musharraf waisa he farag ker diya ha humeri azad aadlia na, pecha kon bacha...army.....to bhai jaan kayani sb main itna pani nahi.......agar hota to bohat phela he kuch ker deta. Ana wala chief dekhta hain kya gul kilata ha. Such poocho to logon na sher ko vote diya ha, abb 5 saal sher bun ker ghuzarin.

sory it wasnt me disscussing IK here & there, he was brought by a gentlmen who is obssesedmwith his personality which is fabulous anyway?
pakistani politics, which only runs on crouption power,& for our croupt politicians it eventully meant to sell themselves to the enemies? just to remain in power forever?
btw your imagination is just too short, what your thinking is?
musharaf going to be hanged by that, independent addlia?
& he came back or brought, back just for that?
PAKARMY isnt the name of a person, it was there before, AYUB,ZIA, MUSHARAF, & NOW KIYANI.It will be there after him?
& remember its not a long time left, when noora has select COAS for pakistan army!
with all of that, going in the back drop of croupt damocrazy, its not acceptable for the peoples of pakistan, to listen the crap just a plan of destruction, from a well paid enemy agent, unluckly our PM fakly elected?
he knew it, what is in cooking, he is trying his best to throw it all out a kitchen, but the kitchen he is wondering , is just a empty room?

Nawaz doesn't know the real situation, the reality, Pakistan gets bashed from India more than Pakistan bashes india, he is just getting indian sympathy by giving these kinds of statements.

fake noora, sarkar na manzoor!
india key yar, na manzoor!
pakistan key ghaddar na manzoor!
qadam barhaoo PAKARMY qoom thumraray sath hai?

Well, u said so many things..
• Pakistan PM does not know anything – > I don’t believe this looking at the tenure of his political career and the success he has achieved so far.
• Pakistan gets bashed from India more than Pakistan bashes India-> so you know the reality better than the PM of your country, and what parameters or globally acknowledged surveys did you study before making this statement?
• he is just getting Indian sympathy by giving these kinds of statements -> What would he achieve by gaining some Indian sympathy?
• If Pakistan is to prosper nawaz must go – You will never prosper for sure and will always remain under a false impression of being on par with India and Pakistan Army will enjoy their influence on Pakistan .

Very misleading title. He never said any such thing. Stop making bullshit titles.

sory it wasnt me disscussing IK here & there, he was brought by a gentlmen who is obssesedmwith his personality which is fabulous anyway?
pakistani politics, which only runs on crouption power,& for our croupt politicians it eventully meant to sell themselves to the enemies? just to remain in power forever?
btw your imagination is just too short, what your thinking is?
musharaf going to be hanged by that, independent addlia?
& he came back or brought, back just for that?
PAKARMY isnt the name of a person, it was there before, AYUB,ZIA, MUSHARAF, & NOW KIYANI.It will be there after him?
& remember its not a long time left, when noora has select COAS for pakistan army!
with all of that, going in the back drop of croupt damocrazy, its not acceptable for the peoples of pakistan, to listen the crap just a plan of destruction, from a well paid enemy agent, unluckly our PM fakly elected?
he knew it, what is in cooking, he is trying his best to throw it all out a kitchen, but the kitchen he is wondering , is just a empty room?

aray bhai meri imagination short kahan ha.....meri post main sarcasm nazar nahi aya jab main AZAD adliya ki baat kerta hoon.
By the way jab tum corruption ki baat kerta hoo to barai mehrbani yeh mut bhoolo kah yeh army be utni he corrupt ha jitna ka aik politician. Adha mulk army ka hota toot gaya baki adha zadari or Noora na mil ker bech dena ha India ko, or yeh awam aam chupti rah jaii gii.

I think he wants to establish some business ventures for himself in India, its a big market you know. Anyway hopefully next COAS overthrows the ganja.

fake noora, sarkar na manzoor!
india key yar, na manzoor!
pakistan key ghaddar na manzoor!
qadam barhaoo PAKARMY qoom thumraray sath hai?

Anyone who breaks Pakistan's constitution is a traitor to this country. Why don't you ask Thai army to take over Thailand? Then see what happens :coffee:

Very misleading title. He never said any such thing. Stop making bullshit titles.

We are well aware of what he is saying and what he should have said. The kind of statements he is giving since the beginning of this drama speaks themselves where his interests lies. No one needs to make any titles for that.
But since he has the majority of the awaam, hum kon hota hain bhai NS ka interest per sawal uthna wala........

We are well aware of what he is saying and what he should have said. The kind of statements he is giving since the beginning of this drama speaks themselves where his interests lies. No one needs to make any titles for that.
But since he has the majority of the awaam, hum kon hota hain bhai NS ka interest per sawal uthna wala........

And what did he say? That if we are to prosper, we have to stop bashing India? Cuz I read the article and no where did he say anything close to what the title is saying!

Back
Top Bottom