What's new

Nawaz Sharif approves lifting of ban on underage marriage

Bhai, do you know that those skeletons in question have actually been lost? Today's scientists haven't been able to get a glimpse of those skeltons, which could otherwise have helped them in either extracting any remaining DNA or develop a facial reconstruction of IVC people.

Also, the guys who quote the Mahabharata as evidence of nuclear war do not make direct quotations of the hymn in question, but instead make inaccurate and manipulative translations of the same. I advice you to read an abridged translation of the Mahabharata and find proof of Nuclear Wars/contamination in them.

But the foremost of Weapons The Brahmastra is said to have a destruction ball of fire, that no grass would even pope out for next 12 years from the day one placed is attacked. It is mentioned when Ashwathama meets Vyasa to seek forgiveness for killing Pandavas siblings. Arjun comes there at that moment, and both invoke a Brahmastra. Vyasa comments on the aftereffects on its use in that topic.

there is evidence for mahabharat bro,though evidence for ramayan battles are not concrete.

Well, more evidences are there that Sethu's bridge is man made.

Girls reach puberty before boys don't they ???
Fine but then what are you implying???
I agree that the debate started somewhere and ended somewhere else. Regarding the Mahabharata, let me reiterate my position. I believe it gives a few historical accounts, but is full of exaggerations at the same time. Basically, remove all the magic and divine powers exhibited by it's characters and you might find a few credible references to places and events.

I'm more interested in the social structure described in the Mahabharata, which is where I began this debate; questioning the justification provided for polyandry practiced by the Pandavas. Any more confusion to dispel?:-)
I think Draupadi's is the only case in our mythology where polyandry was exhibited.
So I am counting it as an exception.
where are u going.....:sad:
don't leave so early......:cry::cry:
i went for a sutta :D
Lolzzzz
(Kidding...had to finish some work)
It's a two-way street sis. A lot of material shown as credible in the blogs can/will never be published either, owing to dubious research, inconsistencies and lack of credible peer-review.:D
Oh come on Indee both of us 're not so naive.
:-)

i dont know why second marriage written consent requirement abolishment is a controversy, remember the wife can still put a condition before marriage to prohibit the husband from marrying second time

Re: Age - girls are humans not just baby making machines .

What about the ones who have married without putting this condition? It's unwritten agreement in Pakistan when a girl marries that husband will not go for 2nd marriage.

But the foremost of Weapons The Brahmastra is said to have a destruction ball of fire, that no grass would even pope out for next 12 years from the day one placed is attacked. It is mentioned when Ashwathama meets Vyasa to seek forgiveness for killing Pandavas siblings. Arjun comes there at that moment, and both invoke a Brahmastra. Vyasa comments on the aftereffects on its use in that topic.

Which is not consistent with an atomic weapon. Vegetation does grow even in radioactive contamination zones. The risks lie in mutation and lifespan, which plants don't care about.:)

It's not all that difficult to imagine fantastic powers and miracles. Don't we have best-sellers like Harry Potter, Twilight etc today, not to forget the Star Trek, X-Men, Superhero comics etc

Which is not consistent with an atomic weapon. Vegetation does grow even in radioactive contamination zones. The risks lie in mutation and lifespan, which plants don't care about.:)

It's not all that difficult to imagine fantastic powers and miracles. Don't we have best-sellers like Harry Potter, Twilight etc today, not to forget the Star Trek, X-Men, Superhero comics etc

Nope. Natural grass didnt develop in the areas where Atomic bombs were dropped directly. And a ball of fire might have been a reference to Atomic weapons.
There might have been a exegeration. It might not be even a Nuk Weapon. But it is some really potent weapon, and the techniques to make that weapon was with a few.

Fine but then what are you implying???

I think Draupadi's is the only case in our mythology where polyandry was exhibited.
So I am counting it as an exception.

i went for a sutta :D
Lolzzzz

Oh come on Indee both of us 're not so naive.
:-)
What's naivete got to do with this?:undecided:

Nope. Natural grass didnt develop in the areas where Atomic bombs were dropped directly. And a ball of fire might have been a reference to Atomic weapons.
There might have been a exegeration. It might not be even a Nuk Weapon. But it is some really potent weapon, and the techniques to make that weapon was with a few.

No mate. Name one area where nothing has grown for a while after a nuclear test.

Besides, as I said, imagining a weapon is one thing, actually fabricating it is another issue entirely.

What's naivete got to do with this?:undecided:
We all know that some studies with extensive research material gets snubbed often.
So we wont have much proof.Any we are not naive enough is what I meant.

But then lets not derail this....
We were talking about Draupadi.
What exactly was your confusion???

i went for a sutta
Lolzzzz
what....u smoke ..but u denied....
why..u need to smoke.....
come here ...I have some real stuff......I can share with u.....:D:D

We all know that some studies with extensive research material gets snubbed often.
So we wont have much proof.Any we are not naive enough is what I meant.

No confusion. Just that the story justifying their actions is a very weak one. Either Arjuna or Kunti could have averted it, but chose not to. :-)

why do u think polyandry is not good.....
you can have more husbands to work and please a woman.......:D:D

Back
Top Bottom