What's new

Nawaz agrees to travel abroad for medical treatment.

Would you come back?
Then he's a convicted felon on the run.

Pakistan has the option to ask for his arrest an extradition via interpol/host government. The UK may play spoil sport, but it would actually be far worse for Nawaz if he refused to return after treatment and was arrested and extradited back to Pakistan.

That will be temporary just like musharaf days..

I certainly hope not, but you’re right. We aren’t getting anywhere economically without an established and stable democratic system. Say what you want about India, their system overall has been better and more fortunate not to have been derailed at every turn.

I certainly hope not, but you’re right. We aren’t getting anywhere economically without an established and stable democratic system. Say what you want about India, their system overall has been better and more fortunate not to have been derailed at every turn.

its not about democracy..its all about writ of of state and organizations. it can be achieved outside parliament.The world knows our red line ..India/kashmir/nuclear.. they dont go there...when it comes saving their puppets they will goto any extent..And this is about laundered money..Do you believe UK would want to set a wrong precedence for other coutnries from where they get foreign investor parking illegal/tax evaded money Their economy will suffer , housing market will decimate.

Maybe he did alot of stress eating
Either KSA or Qatar. KSA recently appointed defence minister visit COAS 2 days ago and Qatar has arrange air ambulance from ISB to Boston , stop over to UK. It seems Qatar has paid , but never know KSA may have paid off .

he seems really sick , because Qatari govt directly involve and providing all transpiration. No govt willing to take fake blame. But, he is gone, one way or other.

You all need to take it easy on IK. It’s really not his fault that Nawaz is leaving, he has no choice. But if you and other PTI supporters blame him then it’s not surprising, you reap what you sow, years of I uncalculated “campaigning” has a cost too.

PMIK deserves as fair a shake as all his predecessors, that is for sure, and he will get the same.

Spoken in such cryptic terms that the true message embedded in these words isn’t likely to get through to most people, unfortunately. :D

What cryptic terms? My statements are perfectly clear in their meaning and intent.

And on the economy, things probably will improve in a few years, nothing major, but at least we’ll be back to normalcy in terms of inflation and growth, and this time hopefully with sustainable balances. But even that might go further awry in the future if we don’t have a functioning republic, preferably a democratic one.

And the cycle will repeat, by design.

Unfortunately, on the first part, prepare now to be disappointed. There will be no billions from anywhere returned to Pakistan, in the end political imprisonment of people like NS or Zardari or such other people was never to last in the first place.

And on the economy, things probably will improve in a few years, nothing major, but at least we’ll be back to normalcy in terms of inflation and growth, and this time hopefully with sustainable balances. But even that might go further awry in the future if we don’t have a functioning republic, preferably a democratic one.

Sir, I will, in-fact hate to see that happening like anyone else. However, still giving some room to PTI/IK to act for prosperity in view of things/info I have. What I know doesn't matter yet or until & unless takes place in good faith. I have been off the opinion for 5 points that are apparently T&Cs for anything as such called "Deal" to happen once.

As of now, things aren't clear so we aren't blaming the ruling party directly. The recovery may not be in form of direct deposits but in shape of investments & bilateral business. However, what Saad Hariri (Lebanon PM) said regretting his favour for NS, is to be kept in view as well. I agree that imprisonment of politicians does not last for everyone like Bhutto and that is now becoming a fact so I am more than interested if we are getting back the looted money which will help economy in great terms as compare to imprisonment of these already expired & ailing big wigs. For the future, at-least this is a good start so the others may learn and if they don't even after all this; imprisonment & recovery both should take place. You will agree that we aren't at level of democracy where political criminal will be serving jail term along with paying back whatever looted but at-least, a good start if happens as such.

Sir, I will, in-fact hate to see that happening like anyone else. However, still giving some room to PTI/IK to act for prosperity in view of things/info I have. What I know doesn't matter yet or until & unless takes place in good faith. I have been off the opinion for 5 points that are apparently T&Cs for anything as such called "Deal" to happen once.

As of now, things aren't clear so we aren't blaming the ruling party directly. The recovery may not be in form of direct deposits but in shape of investments & bilateral business. However, what Saad Hariri (Lebanon PM) said regretting his favour for NS, is to be kept in view as well. I agree that imprisonment of politicians does not last for everyone like Bhutto and that is now becoming a fact so I am more than interested if we are getting back the looted money which will help economy in great terms as compare to imprisonment of these already expired & ailing big wigs. For the future, at-least this is a good start so the others may learn and if they don't even after all this; imprisonment & recovery both should take place. You will agree that we aren't at level of democracy where political criminal will be serving jail term along with paying back whatever looted but at-least, a good start if happens as such.

That is fair enough, I understand this view. But I would also add that in the case of NS’ wealth, which IMO ordinary Pakistanis vastly overestimate, repatriation of them is unlikely. I’m no expert on jurisprudence, but JIT standards of evidence would fall flat anywhere in international and foreign courts. We shouldn’t count our chicks before they hatch, let alone if we’ve misjudged the character, amount and placement of them.

Like you said, we can hope for a conventional recovery. Political stability with good economic management is really all that’s needed or that’s ever been needed. Until then IK will rue the days spent campaigning about how much better everyone’s lives would be in Naya Pakistan, promising too much without thinking about the immediate challenges on day one.
its not about democracy..its all about writ of of state and organizations. it can be achieved outside parliament.The world knows our red line ..India/kashmir/nuclear.. they dont go there...when it comes saving their puppets they will goto any extent..And this is about laundered money..Do you believe UK would want to set a wrong precedence for other coutnries from where they get foreign investor parking illegal/tax evaded money Their economy will suffer , housing market will decimate.
The city of London is a major financial hub, you can bet all sorts of ill-gotten gains are there already. There’s no counting on that, especially if you realise the sort of case our state has against NS.
PMIK deserves as fair a shake as all his predecessors, that is for sure, and he will get the same.

I hope so, if he’s really lucky and plays ball, he might be the first PM in Pakistani history to complete a full term.

And if not, there’s always SMQ, ever ready to serve the country in times of need, esp. if that service means he can be PM.:enjoy:

That is fair enough, I understand this view. But I would also add that in the case of NS’ wealth, which IMO ordinary Pakistanis vastly overestimate, repatriation of them is unlikely. I’m no expert on jurisprudence, but JIT standards of evidence would fall flat anywhere in international and foreign courts. We shouldn’t count our chicks before they hatch, let alone if we’ve misjudged the character, amount and placement of them.

Like you said, we can hope for a conventional recovery. Political stability with good economic management is really all that’s needed or that’s ever been needed. Until then IK will rue the days spent campaigning about how much better everyone’s lives would be in Naya Pakistan, promising too much without thinking about the immediate challenges on day one.

I second the point repatriation of amount because, it is like a dead end when it comes to recover from abroad and I see that GoP has already tried but legalities/MOUs & agreements were missing to pursue such case. Even though if we had all the ingredients in place for repatriation of money; it would need another decade or so to happen. That is why, I think if there is any other way of deal to recover; there is no harm for doing but there shouldn't be any place in politics & country, for such looters.

The time of promises, is gone for PTI/IK rather to bring fruition to the nation. If NS & AAZ are leaving in lieu of payment as well as goodbye to Politics & Pakistan; I see that as credibility. Any settlement as such without public knowledge has its own set of political backlash for IK or anyone else. Not to mention how Pakistani Politics has sunk many so-called warriors in past for hiding facts from Pakistan.

It is quite illuminating to note that what were endlessly hyped as vast proceeds of corruption (200 billion), without any credible proof, that were promised to be brought back from abroad, are now meeting the reality of a lack of the legal bases to execute said promises, while those who were hated for pointing out this politically expedient lying can sit back and just smile.

It is also laughable that what the world sees as persecuting political opponents into exile, by whatever means available, is now being portrayed as somehow giving credibility to the sham process.

In all of this, Pakistan and the rule of law is the real loser, quite predictably, I might add.

But even then, if PMIK becomes the first PM to complete a term, it will be a achievement of sorts that should be encouraged, for it could be the first stone in a foundation of orderly changes of government where the people have a chance to evaluate the results promised to them.

We live in hope, above all else.

I hope so, if he’s really lucky and plays ball, he might be the first PM in Pakistani history to complete a full term.

And if not, there’s always SMQ, ever ready to serve the country in times of need, esp. if that service means he can be PM.:enjoy:

"Useful" puppets aplenty. Need I say more? :D

Last edited:
UlLEYDhF

NS leaving for London on Monday morning by Qatar Airways QR 629. Leaving, London, Qatar Airways.

Back
Top Bottom