What's new

Navy's rejection of Tejas is a lesson, failure of DRDO

JF-17 is a success story, while the tejas constantly has hurdles.

(Admiral Arun Prakash (Retd) is a former chief of the Indian Navy. The article is in special arrangement with South Asia Monitor/ <=== Writer of the article lolz
People has right to babble whatever he or she wants..
Whatever he is there is already order for 120.Out of that 20 is on MK1 standard & will be fully delivered by 2019.Also 70% indigenous content..If such huge order is failure then what is the meaning of success?

JF-17 is a success story, while the tejas constantly has hurdles.
JF 17 is Chinese jet like we use Russian SU30MKI..
It's china's success of selling to you,not Pakistan's..

Whatever he is there is already order for 120.Out of that 20 is on MK1 standard & will be fully delivered by 2019.Also 70% indigenous content..If such huge order is failure then what is the meaning of success?

JF-17 is a 50-50 joint venture, everybody knows that.

From a logical analysis, apparently his viewpoint matters more

Political class used to made a lot of money from the foreign deals and some one tell Mr Arun Prakash that his colleague Air Chief Tyagi is still in custody as part of such deals which make a lot of money from foreign countries .......now situation is changing and companies like Tonbo , Bharat Forge,L&T , MKU, Tata Sed are coming up with their products . When DRDO start facing some competition then they will also forced to give out put.... ex are BSNL and Banks

It's based on Chinese FC1..Design,radar,engine,ew everything is whether Russian or Chinese..
But might be 50-50 in case of money..

FC-1 is just another name for the JF-17.
You can wikipedia it.

From a logical analysis, apparently his viewpoint matters more
All he wrote about discrepancy in carrier operations..Yes,naval version was a big failure but for air force it's a huge success..
Naval version needs few air frame change & weight reduction..Next version it will be rectified for sure.

All he wrote about discrepancy in carrier operations..Yes,naval version was a big failure but for air force it's a huge success..
Naval version needs few air frame change & weight reduction..Next version it will be rectified for sure.

I disagree.

DRDO and HAL need exactly people like him. Moreever, as the ex-Chief of the Navy, surely he knows what's the reality.

He acknowledges the flaws and mistakes made. Throw a decent budget at him and things would have been different not jsut for Tejas, but also for other underperforming prjects.

I hope you may like to google a bit about the subjects or enquire before making such claims which are contrary to the fact and to be counted as trolling and deliberate attempt to divert the topic with rants.

The PAC JF-17 Thunder (Urdu: جے ایف-١٧ گرج‎), or CAC FC-1 Xiaolong (Fierce Dragon; Chinese: 枭龙; pinyin: Xiāo Lóng), is a lightweight, single-engine, multi-role combat aircraft developed jointly by the Pakistan Aeronautical Complex (PAC) and the Chengdu Aircraft Corporation (CAC) of China. The JF-17 can be used for aerial reconnaissance, ground attack and aircraft interception. Its designation "JF-17" by Pakistan is short for "Joint Fighter-17", while the designation and name "FC-1 Xiaolong" by China means "Fighter China-1 Fierce Dragon".

The Sukhoi Su-30MKI[a] (NATO reporting name: Flanker-H) is a twinjet multirole air superiority fighter developed by Russia's Sukhoi and built under licence by India's Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL) for the Indian Air Force (IAF). A variant of the Sukhoi Su-30, it is a heavy, all-weather, long-range fighter.

@The Eagle , I told that guy, but he is not listening!

JF-17 is a 50-50 joint venture project between Pakistan and China.

Last edited:
@The Eagle , I told -----------, but he is not listening!

JF-17 is a 50-50 joint venture project between Pakistan and China.

Firstly, avoid quoting such posts repeatedly but report and move on when XYZ posters continues with trolling. Also, avoid falling for the bait and never opt for name calling and leave it to Mods. I prefer that you may edit your post to remove such offensive remarks.

Firstly, avoid quoting such posts repeatedly but report and move on when XYZ posters continues with trolling. Also, avoid falling for the bait and never opt for name calling and leave it to Mods. I prefer that you may edit your post to remove such offensive remarks.
Thanks, I corrected it.

A thread with an article which is supposed to discuss IN ambition for future Airplatform, the DRDO and LCA Tejas Navy version but due to the high obsession and lack of interest to address the issue in hand, deliberately diverted the topic to JF-17 that has nothing to do with subject at all. Also, not just diverted but a wrong claim by stating JF-17 as front-line aircraft which is meant to be the workhorse of PAF so hopefully you will understand. And that red highlighted thing?????

Avoid derailing topics.
here many threads are going on where others used to drag india,IA,IAF or indian people irrespective of the topic,but i have not seen any one complaining,(want the links?? better leave it)but its ok from now on i will wait for others to derail the thread first okey :).
second i have read here on this forum about pak members naming it as a frontline fighter along with f16, not even frontline some of them were discussing about upgrades that will make jf17 land and takeoff from water too, well actually i stopped reading after this type of baby talk so i dont know the name of that water landing jf17 version.
also i am posting a link of DAWN NEWS stating jf17 as frontline interceptor aircraft ..but since its a multirole i left interceptor.
http://www.dawn.com/news/1254985 - third para under "
The JF-17 Thunder's operational history".
plus i use smartphone to type as usual all over world(not talking about pakistan) (and spell mistakes are common) but thanks to pointing out that , i know now that how smart u guys are :)

and here is that tweet by this forum itself saying jf17 is a frontline fighter..
so can u care to explain what anybody will understand either its a frontline or not??

Last edited:
And can you sell the MKI to another country. !!!
Please enlighten us, if China merely sold the JF-17 to us then why does it wants us to market it and sell it to other countries, as far as i know such practices are the work of call centres.

I disagree.

DRDO and HAL need exactly people like him. Moreever, as the ex-Chief of the Navy, surely he knows what's the reality.

He acknowledges the flaws and mistakes made. Throw a decent budget at him and things would have been different not jsut for Tejas, but also for other underperforming prjects.
All DRDO or HAL or Army people will be writing such article at some point after getting retired.It's a common trend..
But yes DRDO HAL need major overhaul & specially those incompetent lazy govt employees must be kicked off first..

And can you sell the MKI to another country. !!!
Please enlighten us, if China merely sold the JF-17 to us then why does it wants us to market it and sell it to other countries, as far as i know such practices are the work of call centres.
Ah humor me but I know it you know it & birds craapping on the deck know what is the other side of so called 50 50...
Decades ago you got FOC & still couldn't be able to sell a single..

Back
Top Bottom