What's new

Navy to Goa: Give us island or secure flying path

and Goa faces threat from ???
Don't be so naive. Goa is a state of India just like any other. It has its own strategic geography, it has its own military utility. The Indian navy has not just set up shop in Goa and expanded its presence there on a whim. Just like every other state it must do its part to serve the nation as a whole. Everyone must do their part, like I said- Goa is a part of India just like anywhere else.

Don't be so utterly pathetic in your asinine arguments. Residents in Goa would like the navy to reduce its footprint in the state, a not unreasonable expectation as the constant expansion of territory under its control by the navy is downright frightening. It is more like an occupying force, albeit, not an aggressive one. But, nevertheless, precious land is being gobbled up by this entity.
Please put a stop to this creeping encroachment and let the land be free!

What utter,utter BS. The Indian navy is an occupying force? Save your sensationalist hyperbole, who are you trying to pander to- Goan separatists??!!!

Like I've said Goa is a part of India like any other state so if the Indian navy decides it needs certain facilities in Goa over and above anywhere else- so what?

I guess all these issues will crop up given India's military is in the process of rapid modernisation and growth and these issues will be sorted out in due course.

Let me clear some air why Goans want Navy out

1) Military picked up prime real estate when it was union territory , Indian Army holds Land which is bigger then Goa Airport .
2) Island on flight path is sacred to christian community and there is fear that like other islands under Navy control , this Island will also be used for Aerial bombing .
3) Karwar base is twice bigger then Goa Base and still expanding , it will be Karwar were our western Ac fleet will be stationed .
4) If Navy moves out Goa will not be a Threat to any external forces , but cities like Mumbai , Bangalore and Delhi will always be under enemy radars no matter what .
5) Goa is smallest state in the country , and there are bigger states where Indian military installations can be moved and free space like in Panjiim and Margao can be used by Government for Infrastructure projects .
6) since current airport is under Navy controls , there is lesser civilian flights , and Mopa airport is not centrally located , For economic stake Goa is prime designation for tourist in India it should be developed in that way .

When Portuguese left India , they had requested Indian government that Goa should be to India , what Macau and Hongkong is to China , but after that Goans had to fight to keep their unique identity alive , first they had to stop becoming Goa part of Maharashtra and then they had to fight for their local language Konkani and then they had to fight for Statehood , Goa has been demanding Special status not economical like Bihar;s Demand but to stop land in Goa to be picked up by outsiders and to preserve its uniqueness .

Navy is holding only civilian air port in Goa , People want them out, navy should move to Karwar Base which is just few km away it is coming up with Airbase too , Goa is a small state and Goa was an union territory till 1987 and Military picked up all the prime Real estate in smallest state in the country since Goans never had any say in it , Now people want them out to better strategic located military installations .

I know this is a military forum , i want to know wht threat are you taking about ? is Pakistan or china are so interested in taking out Goa rather then bigger metros like Delhi or Mumbai ?

Why in your mind does IA/ IAF / IN place assets and hold land in Orissa, AP, MP, TN etc ? It is most unlikley that BD or Myanmar would attack us on the eastern coast .

Goa is not the jewel in the crown whose fall will cripple the nation. It forms a link Air Defence , Offensive & Defensive capabilities of the IN - all of which are critical.

During the Iraq war missions were controlled from as far as Australia & Diego Garcia. Even now the drone attacks in Pak are controlled & monitored from USA.

Land is not scarce if the local Govts manage it correctly and not join hands with builders, Quarry owners & the mafia. We have just seen the effects of such an arrangement in Uttrakhand where 60 room hotels were swept away.

Hope this helps.

So why doesn't the Navy look for alternatives rather than bickering with civil aviation?

Dabolim was a Navy airport, which they can easily leave for an entire island as an air base. Dabolim can be commercialized and the Navy can earn significant revenues.

There is no harm if the IN can earn out of commercial activities legally; the US military does that with merchandise.

Don't be so utterly pathetic in your asinine arguments. Residents in Goa would like the navy to reduce its footprint in the state, a not unreasonable expectation as the constant expansion of territory under its control by the navy is downright frightening. It is more like an occupying force, albeit, not an aggressive one. But, nevertheless, precious land is being gobbled up by this entity.
Please put a stop to this creeping encroachment and let the land be free!

I was a resident of Goa for 4 years and to my knowledge no such sentiment exists. Stop spewing BS.

Let me clear some air why Goans want Navy out

1) Military picked up prime real estate when it was union territory , Indian Army holds Land which is bigger then Goa Airport .
2) Island on flight path is sacred to christian community and there is fear that like other islands under Navy control , this Island will also be used for Aerial bombing .
3) Karwar base is twice bigger then Goa Base and still expanding , it will be Karwar were our western Ac fleet will be stationed .
4) If Navy moves out Goa will not be a Threat to any external forces , but cities like Mumbai , Bangalore and Delhi will always be under enemy radars no matter what .
5) Goa is smallest state in the country , and there are bigger states where Indian military installations can be moved and free space like in Panjiim and Margao can be used by Government for Infrastructure projects .
6) since current airport is under Navy controls , there is lesser civilian flights , and Mopa airport is not centrally located , For economic stake Goa is prime designation for tourist in India it should be developed in that way .

When Portuguese left India , they had requested Indian government that Goa should be to India , what Macau and Hongkong is to China , but after that Goans had to fight to keep their unique identity alive , first they had to stop becoming Goa part of Maharashtra and then they had to fight for their local language Konkani and then they had to fight for Statehood , Goa has been demanding Special status not economical like Bihar;s Demand but to stop land in Goa to be picked up by outsiders and to preserve its uniqueness .

:lol: This is a democracy buddy. Everyone deserves same treatment. Stop crying and whining. Tu special hoga apne ghar mein, you are just another common Indian like the rest of us and security of our country takes precedence over everything else, always!

I was a resident of Goa for 4 years and to my knowledge no such sentiment exists. Stop spewing BS.

:lol: This is a democracy buddy. Everyone deserves same treatment. Stop crying and whining. Tu special hoga apne ghar mein, you are just another common Indian like the rest of us and security of our country takes precedence over everything else, always!

Then your are seriously out of touch , type Mopa agitation in google and brush up , i am in Goa Currently

So in Democracy only Article 370 for Kashmir because they are special and above common Indians ?? , CM Parrikar recently meet PM regarding Special status .

Then your are seriously out of touch , type Mopa agitation in google and brush up , i am in Goa Currently

So in Democracy only Article 370 for Kashmir because they are special and above common Indians ?? , CM Parrikar recently meet PM regarding Special status .

are u fr Belgaum ?

We should be thinking seriously about removing Article 370 .

There should be no special status for any state in India . Every single state should be treated equally .

Back
Top Bottom