What's new

Naval Support/ Naval Strike Aircraft

falcone

Reaction score
As the life of the Mirage Vs used for naval support/strike dwindles, the PN (and PAF) might want to look at replacement aircraft. The navalized version of the A-5 could be used (as the PLAN uses) or a new aircraft (such as the JF-17) could be used for support (it would seem impractical to buy separate aircraft (such as the F/A-18 or Dassault Rafale) solely for the purpose of naval support). What does everyone think?

PN will prolly go for the JF-17. Its the most practical option.

Rafale would be too expensive as no favourable terms of payment would be accorded to Pakistan by France unlike US.
Even if Pakistan buys Rafale, then they would use it in PAF, rather than PN.

F/A-18E/F, i doubt US would give the clearence to sell it to Pakistan.

J-10: Seems likely, but will most prolly be used exclusively by the PAF.

My opinion: JF-17 would be 'The One' ;)

does anybody have pics of the twin engine J-10 cuaz i was lookin for them but could not find it

Twin engine is still on the board, this is what china says , but I would'nt belive them , it just might show up in the next year or 2, but will do so with there own engine , and yes it will be for the Navy not sure PAK Navy but for China.

I haven't come accross twin engine J-10 yet, are you sure there will be a twinjet version? :confused:

As Murad said, it is still in the works. I believe it is to be called the Super Ten. :army:

I am not sure if the twin engine J-10 will be made, unless Chinese decide to put up their own improved engine in the later J-10 models. Here is a pictures of J-10C.

4e44173cb1af8cdee9f0b7c6c28d3445.jpg

I am not sure if the twin engine J-10 will be made, unless Chinese decide to put up their own improved engine in the later J-10 models. Here is a pictures of J-10C.

if china decides to put two engines on the J-10, they will have to re- design the aircraft to accomodate the second engine. china will use their engine on the super J-10.

Here is the twin engine J-10. It will be used on the carriers.

Back
Top Bottom