What's new

Naval equipment: Pak lags far behind India

DAWN.COM | Pakistan | Navy to buy seven submarines

3 AGOSTA 70s are also being UPGRADED and AGOSTA-90Bs are upgraded with AIP MESMA.Which none of ur subs have.

Thread Pakistan Navy will request for 6 Oliver Hazard Perry Class FFG from U.S | Pakistan Defence Forum | BoardReader

4 Milgem stealth corvettes frm Turkey .... As reported by sevgili kardeşim cobatli...

And 4 500 Ton FACs.
4 High speed attack crafts frm turkey

And 4 more F-22Ps comming ?

http://www.defence.pk/forums/naval-forces/65866-4-more-f22p-coming-up-made-pakistan.html

3 in active service ...1 under development in karachi shipyard and 4 more ..... note= these all of PN F-22Ps are as big as ur Talwar class frigs..... and are frm Sword Class.

3 words for u.... Get a life.

here is what india is in store for u
Akula-1/INS Chakra 2009 Sea trials
Akula-2/INS ? 2011

Arihant class submarine INS Arihant S73 2012 Launched on 26 July 2009
ATV-2 2011 Being built by the Ship Building Center, Vishakhapatnam
ATV-3 2012 Under construction
ATV-4 2013
ATV-5 2014
ATV-6 2014-15

Project 75 Scorpene class Scorpene-1 2012 Under construction
Scorpene-2 2013
Scorpene-3 2014
Scorpene-4 2015
Scorpene-5 2016
Scorpene-6 2017 +6 more scorpion or the u-boats form the germans
Project 75B P75B-1 2015 U-214/Amur[2] /[[DCNS|DCNS submarine]
P75B-2 2016
P75B-3 2017
P75B-4 2018
P75B-5 2019
P75B-6 2020

Indian Navy Future ships...

Aircraft carriers (2 under construction)

Vikrant (Project 71) INS Vikrant India Cochin Shipyard
INS Vikrant (Indigenous Aircraft Carrier)

Kiev INS Vikramaditya formerly Gorshkov Russia Severodvinsk, Russia

Destroyers (3 under construction)

INS Kolkata
INS Kochi
Yard 12703

Frigates (6 under construction)

INS Shivalik
INS Satpura
INS Sahyadri

INS Teg
INS Tarkash
INS Trikand

Corvettes (4 under construction)

Project 28
Yard 3017
Yard 3018
Yard 3019
Yard 3020

Mine countermeasure vessels (2 under construction)
MCMV 2 under construction

Patrol crafts (10 under construction)

INS Saryu
INS ???
INS ???
INS ??? India Goa Shipyard Limited
Car Nicobar INS Cankarso (T73)
INS Kondul (T74)
INS Kalpeni (T75)
INS ???
INS ???
INS ???
these are not slow and steady these are on track...........
so two words for u "WAKE UP"

read my post #102

the source you showed was saying about the future F22p which will be ordered . the first four were 2200 tones class and may be the future four may be 3000 tones which cant be said.
you are saying the Karachi shipyard website is not reliable what a troll ..... they are manufracturing the last f22p and they dont know the tonnes of the ship:bunny::bunny::bunny:

Pakistan Navy is defense oriented, so what ever it has it's sufficient. You don't need a carrier to counter another......

I don't understand how much sense this makes.
You honestly think such a small navy is enough to deter a MUCH MUCH larger (better) navy like the IN?

If you put the USAF against the IAF, and the IAF is playing a defensive role, you think 200 MKI's are enough to counter 100 F-22's? :disagree:

History:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Indo-Pakistani_War_of_1971#Naval_hostilities

EDIT: I agree with your part that you don't need a carrier to counter another. You can find alternatives, but the PA has none that can counter such a massive fleet like the IN. Wait another 4 years, you'll have to watch out for 2 AC's, 5 Subs.

I don't understand how much sense this makes.
You honestly think such a small navy is enough to deter a MUCH MUCH larger (better) navy like the IN?

If you put the USAF against the IAF, and the IAF is playing a defensive role, you think 200 MKI's are enough to counter 100 F-22's? :disagree:

History:
Indo-Pakistani War of 1971 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

EDIT: I agree with your part that you don't need a carrier to counter another. You can find alternatives, but the PA has none that can counter such a massive fleet like the IN. Wait another 4 years, you'll have to watch out for 2 AC's, 5 Subs.

I think equipment is not everything otherwise the Iraqi fighters, Labenese groups, Talibaan or the Viet Kong would not even stand for a day. Yes we have come across many of these situations before and in 1965 at Chiwinda where the biggest tank battle in Asia was fought was not won by tanks.

The Pakistani tanks were outnumbered 1:7 infront of the Indians, it was the suicide infantry bombers of the Pakistan Army's infantry brigades that destroyed the Indian tanks. It was the suicide pilots of the PAF who made one way trips to destroy the Amritsar and Halvara airports.

I think you need to brush up on history, Pakistan has always fought conventionally and gurella style with USSR in the first Afghan War with nations lot bigger and mightier in equipment and strength than us.

US and India have always experience fighting with smaller nations which is a totally different scenario. Though India tried to fight a bigger China in 1962 but lost badly.

I think equipment is not everything otherwise the Iraqi fighters, Labenese groups, Talibaan or the Viet Kong would not even stand for a day. Yes we have come across many of these situations before and in 1965 at Chiwinda where the biggest tank battle in Asia was fought was not won by tanks.

The Pakistani tanks were outnumbered 1:7 infront of the Indians, it was the suicide infantry bombers of the Pakistan Army's infantry brigades that destroyed the Indian tanks. It was the suicide pilots of the PAF who made one way trips to destroy the Amritsar and Halvara airports.

I think you need to brush up on history, Pakistan has always fought conventionally and gurella style with USSR in the first Afghan War with nations lot bigger and mightier in equipment and strength than us.

US and India have always experience fighting with smaller nations which is a totally different scenario. Though India tried to fight a bigger China in 1962 but lost badly.

in that battle India has 700 where as Pakistan had 600 tanks i think thats a slight sell but Pakistan has a terrain advantage and help from PAF ....

and in first afgan war Pakistan was just defending against afgan intruders and was not fighting against USSR ......

IF you take the case of Battle of Longewala
Indian army with just 120 soldiers 1 Jeep mounted M40 recoilless rifle defeated Pakistan army 2,800 soldiers
65 tanks
138 military vehicles
5 field guns
3 anti aircraft guns

Casualties and losses
Indian army lost 2 soldiers killed
1 jeep mounted recoiless rifle destroyed

Pakistan army lost 200 soldiers killed
36 tanks destroyed or captured
100 vehicles destroyed or abandoned

@paksher stick to topic please ,as unicorn said there are so many project running simultaneously like P15B ,P71 A,P15A&B ,ATV ,ASWPROJECT AND P17B THESE ARE CLASS OF THEIR OWN WITH NO OTHER TO COUNTER AND REMEMBER RECENTLY GOI GAVE GREEN FLAG TO GO AHEAD WITH NEW 3 USS TRENTON AKA INS JALASHWA CLASS Ships.

Indian navy no more see pakistan navy as main rival but now it shifted to china...

This news is not useful to us.
Why we have to bother about pakistani navy?? If we want to compare our status then do it with China.
Leave the poor western nation alone. :)

I think you must compare yourself with US......then you will be more satisfied.....AS India is going to become a next super power very soon.........:welcome::welcome:

Well after searching i`ll found that about Talwar class different sites shows different displacement and still i am not able to find out any official Indian source

ASSMAN SE GIRA KHAJUR ME ATKA :lol:

YES !!!! we compare with USN like PN compares with IN...:bunny::bunny::bunny::devil::rofl::wave:

then why your army is on our side of the border, why not send it to somewhere near USA, why are we a big threat to you??

Mo chota ho to bateen badi badi nahi kiya karte :lol:

Back
Top Bottom