What's new

NATO Using Smugglers along Pakistan's Border

Cheng-du Chang,

your post made me a bit dizzy....sounds like fuzzy math :D:D

Fuzzy math is always as crystal clear as mud.

For dizziness, I can prescribe something if you wish. ;)

i totally understand you Sir- :crazy:-

Obviously, it takes one to understand one, right? :D

Well, I am glad we have sorted that out while staying on topic!

could be; i never met ''him'' before

in fact i'd commend the Pentagon/CENTCOM for trying to communicate with ''everyday ordinary Pakistanis'' (instead of relying on VoA)

Dhobi ka ***** na ghar na ghat ka. YankCheng<--Prime or Textbook Example.

Well actually, consider Pakistan itself as a much better example, which, like the washerman's dog, does not know whether to stay at home or on the ghat with its master. If it had developed its own home properly, it would not be in that pickle today, now would it?

To stay on topic, smuggling has been a huge problem for the state due to the traditional lawlessness in the tribal areas. Maybe if terrorism is eliminated from that region, the writ of the government will lead to better revenue collection too.

^

Lagda tinu samaj ney aya. Khair.

I understand it perfectly well Sir; it is just that typing in romanized urdu (or punjabi, or any other language I think) is against the rules of PDF, and I must respect those. However, with moderation being as biased as it is prejudiced, you will be allowed to break the rules I am pretty certain, but not me.

Back to the topic: Are there additional steps being taken to curb smuggling of any types of goods, not just the rumored NATO ones?

Well actually, consider Pakistan itself as a much better example, which, like the washerman's dog, does not know whether to stay at home or on the ghat with its master. If it had developed its own home properly, it would not be in that pickle today, now would it?

To stay on topic, smuggling has been a hug problem for the state due to the traditional lawlessness in the tribal areas. Maybe if terrorism is eliminated from that region, the writ of the government will lead to better revenue collection too.

So there is no smuggling in the United States? Its a totally clean country? :lol:
From fire arms to drugs, from Mexico to Texas, there is no smuggling? :lol:

A little off topic but if you don't smuggle good then, what is all this about trafficking human beings, prostitutes from U.S.A to Latin America?

A few things i see wrong with this article.

A: You give a smugler $10.000 dollars worth of military hardware and expect him to deliver it rather than flog it off at the first bazar he gets to?

B: How do you expect to make even a dent in this
12.jpg

with this
n1291833707

So there is no smuggling in the United States? Its a totally clean country? :lol:
From fire arms to drugs, from Mexico to Texas, from prostitutes from U.S.A to Latin America, there is no smuggling? :lol:

Yes, you guys love to compare, but USA does not have any lawless areas where the authority of the government cannot be enforced should it be needed. The joke is on you still. :D

Yes, you guys love to compare, but USA does not have any lawless areas where the authority of the government cannot be enforced should it be needed. The joke is on you still. :D

Yes we are poor people, and it makes perfect sense for us to make money this way. But aren't your people so called 'civilized'? so called "the only superpower in this world"? Yeh its funny... a country like the U.S is known for its superpower abilities, but does not use its power to make its people 'civilized' :lol:

Yes we are poor people, and it makes perfect sense for us to make money this way. But aren't your people so called 'civilized'? so called "the only superpower in this world"? Yeh its funny... a country like the U.S is known for its superpower abilities, but does not use its power to make its people 'civilized' :lol:

What has that tirade to do with the fact that smuggling is presumably being used to circumvent the shutdown of NATO supply routes that everybody was so insistent upon? Unless of course, you beleive CENTCOM's denial.

Does it still make perfect sense to you, or should that be regarded as selling out as traitors to Pakistan?

The NDN route is longer, slower, and six times more expensive than the PLC route through Pakistan. It involves multiple modes of transport through several countries in Europe and Central Asia. Many are under strong Russian influence, and some do not allow military gear to be transported through their territory, according to a Businessweek report.

Haq's Musings: Vulnerability of US Supplies in Afghanistan

There were reports of smuggling goods coming out three weeks after the closure of supply routes. Now it does show you that US NATO are not happy with this closure. Alternate routes and air drops are costing them six times more.

Now one thing is for sure that you can't transport tons of goods using smugglers. It's a small scale illegal method with a lot is risks. So resorting to smugglers to transport whatever leftover petit things to keep the costs down makes sense, too. You'd rather pay paltry to smugglers than an arm and a leg for using the alternate routes.

Now FC or PA could launch a small scale op to grab these smugglers and confiscate not only some of the goods but cash as well. They in all likelihood are keeping an eye on it and could be considering grabing them in one swoop.

How does anyone convince a dog that he is indeed a dog especially when he knows that he is a dog but wont admit it? Similarly the US clearly misses no opportunity to press on Pakistan to open routes for NATO supplies while maintaining the rhetoric that everything is nice & dandy!

I say we must shut the air corridor as well. God know's how much they are sending through the air transport!

Back
Top Bottom