What's new

Nato tankers cause annual loss of Rs50bn

Omar1984

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score

A view of oil tankers standing in a long queue waiting for clearance for the supply of fuel to Nato forces in Afghanistan near the Pak-Afghan border. – Photo by APP.

QUETTA: Federal Minister for Communications Arbab Alamgir Khan said on Wednesday that Nato containers and tankers had been causing a yearly loss of Rs50 billion to the National Highway Authority by damaging the road network in Balochistan.

“We have taken up the issue with the US government and Nato member countries and sought compensation for the loss caused by these tankers,” he told Dawn.

“About 100 Nato containers pass through Balochistan daily before entering Afghanistan via Chaman,” he said. The road between Port Qasim and Chaman had been damaged very badly, he added.

He said the tankers had also been causing traffic accidents, claiming many lives in the province.

Earlier, the minister told a press conference that development projects worth Rs70 billion were under way in Balochistan. The province had a 41 per cent share in NHA projects, he added.

Mr Khan said he had directed the authority to expedite work on Gwadar-Turbat-Hoshab road to link Gwadar port with other parts of the country.

He said his ministry had received 5,000 applications and deserving candidates would be given jobs under the Aghaz-i-Haqooq-i-Balochistan package very soon.

And then the World especially Indians say that we get free money from USA.

50 billion....Thats a lot of bucks man.Can anyone tell me in terms of dollar.

And Don't Forget that 50 billion is only lost in terms of only Roads.

In term of Human Life loss(Which by the way cannot be judged in Money),Economic Loss,Military loss,Infrastructure loss,Afghan Refuges loss,Internal IDP's Loss,Social Unrest Loss,Withdrawing of Foreign Investment Loss,Business Lost Due to Bad Image Created by WOT,Electricity Loss(Taliban destroyed many electricity grids in Swat),And only ALLAH knows what else kind of losses Pakistan may have suffered and future Implications.

And in Return for All these loses we get Peanuts worth only 120 billion rupees.

Ya man road losses are nothing when compared to pain and sorrows of those who have lost their loved ones.I really hope the war on terroriam ends soon.But i have a question why doesnt pakistan forbids america to carry drone strikes.I'm pretty sure not all who die in drone attacks are terrorists.

Put toll plaza on every 100 KM for heavy vehicles. As the expense will increase the transport companies will increase their charge to NATO and in the last NATO will be paying these expenses of road damage etc. ( i have a injured finger so cant type long on this topic).

@mjnaushad

Yar you are simply great what a good suggestion not only good but a Brilliant,Superb Suggestion.Put a Toll Plaza every 50KM and Charge Super Heavy rates for the Traffic after all no matter how much it becomes expensive NATO will have to Pay for it.

Similarly also Put Some kind of Security Tax or Transit Tax or whatever.The Point is milk NATO.Extract Money from them.

@mjnaushad

Yar you are simply great what a good suggestion not only good but a Brilliant,Superb Suggestion.Put a Toll Plaza every 50KM and Charge Super Heavy rates for the Traffic after all no matter how much it becomes expensive NATO will have to Pay for it.

Similarly also Put Some kind of Security Tax or Transit Tax or whatever.The Point is milk NATO.Extract Money from them.

Heheheheheh yeh thats the great idea.
Already toll plaza are earning trillions in Pakistan

If these are Pakistani transport companies earning revenues from supply then i must say that money is coming in Pakistan as well.

Back
Top Bottom