What's new

NATO copters violate Pak airspace

Rank

ELITE MEMBER
Reaction score
Country
Australia
PESHAWAR: Nato helicopters, yet another time, defied the integrity and sovereignty of Pakistan by violating airspace and continued flights for some minutes within Pakistani limits on Tuesday, Geo News reported.

Nato choppers flew back to Afghanistan after a few minutes’ flights over Pakistani soil.

According to security officials, Nato’s two gunship helicopters encroached Pakistani airspace during flights near Landi Kotal and Torkham and violated international boundaries.

Officials also claimed hearing sounds of blasts while copters were hovering over, however, they could not confirm the exact location of violation of airspace.

A many local people got panicked by Nato flights. After flights lasted for a few minutes within Pakistani boundaries, choppers flew back to Afghanistan, people confirmed.

--------------------------------------------

good work PAK ARMY! good going on.. when NATO will come near Islamabad Rawalpindi thn our Army will start thinking ...

^^^ what do you expect them to do? shot them down??

What do you expect from people of pakistan ?? just watching everyday everynnight that NATO helicopter violate Pakistan's border and Army just passing statements nothing else more ??? for this TV show people of Pakistan paying taxes ???? military just here to few personalities standing on footpaths in rawalpindi and islamabad (protocols).. we payed them for DEFENCE OF THIS COUNTRY not for their own personal security!

Navy buy HAWX for personal VVIP protocol movement.. Army and Govt buying helicopter for VVIP transport MR WE ARE PAYING TAXES FOR DEFENCE OF THIS COUNTRY .... NOT FOR VVIP PEOPLE SECURITY!

Last edited:
i dont think there is much pakistan can do. it can at best lodge a diplomatic protest.

How the F is this trolling and uncivilized.
i have said what i said here before and no one called it uncivilized than

Our army is the biggest waste of the taxes we pay. If they cannot stop our enemies from launching attacks on our motherland what good are they? WTF are all those JF-17's and F-16's and our so calls nuclear Missiles for if they cannot protect us.

When the hell will we wake up, when they launch there fighters against targets in Islamabad and Lahore in the name of this so called war on terror or even then we will just launch a "protest" with the concerned authorities.

You all praised America for what they did for flood relief. Have no doubts my friends, that comes at the cost of our dignity?

as Iqbal said

uss rizq say maut aachi, jiss rizq say aati ho parwaz main kotahi

Stop abusing your authority.

Nope, it is a violation of international law. We should have done what china did with the US spy plane. That would send the right signal.

China and USA were undeclared adversaries at that time. Pakistani govt prides itself on being called a major Non NATO ally.. Ever heard of UK or Canada shooting down a US plane for border violation??

GoP needs to make up its mind on which side of the fence it wants to be..

China and USA were undeclared adversaries at that time. Pakistani govt prides itself on being called a major Non NATO ally.. Ever heard of UK or Canada shooting down a US plane for border violation??

Pakistani govt prides itself on being called a major Non NATO ally..

Snide and cynical comments are the sanctuaries of a coward, it would serve you well to remember that.

Ever head of the US terrorising UK cities with their gunships flying low? on Numerous occasions?

25,000 civilians dead in the last 3 years, a large portion of our army focusing on terrorism operations in the north west, ignoring our border with long time rival India... And you still post this question, makes me wonder...

Your either not very bright or your just another self-opinionated Indian with a single minded view of Pakistan and it's dynamics.

We are allies with China, do you see them bombing our People...

Nope, it is a violation of international law. We should have done what china did with the US spy plane. That would send the right signal.

What an 'illogical' logic comparing Pakistan with China ? :hitwall:

Here is a man who thinks he can shoot down an USAF plane and get away with that .:lol:

Good that the people at the helm dont think your way --- else the drones operating only in FATA , would then operate 'not only there'.

What an 'illogical' logic comparing Pakistan with China ? :hitwall:

Here is a man who thinks he can shoot down an USAF plane and get away with that .:lol:

Good that the people at the helm dont think your way --- else the drones operating only in FATA , would then operate 'not only there'.

If you say so Sherlock. If you say so. :lol:

Sovereignty is the quality of having supreme, independent authority over a territory. It can be found in a power to rule and make law that rests on a political fact for which no purely legal explanation can be provided. ...

And FYI... It's not just me saying this:

Pakistan protested yesterday over an apparent violation of its airspace by Nato helicopters from Afghanistan over the weekend, saying it would consider “response options” to any future incursions.

“We will not allow anyone in any case to interfere in Pakistan’s territory and if this continues, we will adopt all the set measures including military action,”
Pakistan warns of response to Nato incursions

Snide and cynical comments are the sanctuaries of a coward, it would serve you well to remember that.
What was snide about my comment. ? Isnt a Major Non NATO ally a formal designation given to multiple countries in the world among which Pakistan is one.. Sir, please, stop jumping at the shadows..

Major non-NATO ally - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ever head of the US terrorising UK cities with their gunships flying low? on Numerous occasions?

Which city has been terrorized by US gunships that came in a few hundred meters into Pakistani airspace?? If you guys are fighting a war together, these mix ups are natural and are bound to happen. Being over sensitive doesnt help...

25,000 civilians dead in the last 3 years, a large portion of our army focusing on terrorism operations in the north west, ignoring our border with long time rival India... And you still post this question, makes me wonder...

Unrelated to the incident being discussed...

Your either not very bright or your just another self-opinionated Indian with a single minded view of Pakistan and it's dynamics.
In response to this, I will quote a Pakistani member (with a slight modification) whose most posts I found well balanced and very informative till today...

"Personal attacks are the sanctuaries of a coward, it would serve you well to remember that."

What was snide about my comment. ? Isnt a Major Non NATO ally a formal designation given to multiple countries in the world among which Pakistan is one.. Sir, please, stop jumping at the shadows..

Major non-NATO ally - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Which city has been terrorized by US gunships that came in a few hundred meters into Pakistani airspace?? If you guys are fighting a war together, these mix ups are natural and are bound to happen. Being over sensitive doesnt help...

In response to this, I will quote a Pakistani member (with a slight modification) whose most posts I found well balanced and very informative till today...

"Personal attacks are the sanctuaries of a coward, it would serve you well to remember that."

Really!? How so... How is the sacrifice of our people unrelated. You yourself asked we need to chose a side, is our intention not clear enough for you?

Sir, please, stop jumping at the shadows..

Again, you are not directly facing or will ever face the consequences of this, my term in university ends this year, i return to Pakistan in March 2011... It directly effects me and every other PAKISTANI

My posts are balanced! until people start over stepping the mark when it comes to my nation. You guys don't tolerate anti Indian nonsense on PDF, why should we tolerate anti Pakistani nonsense here either?

Which city has been terrorized by US gunships that came in a few hundred meters into Pakistani airspace?? .

LandiKotal - 2nd November

Kurham Agency - 29 September

If you guys are fighting a war together, these mix ups are natural and are bound to happen. Being over sensitive doesnt help..
2 Incidents in such short time span... mix ups?

Being over sensitive doesnt help..
Sovereigntyis Sovereignty... I am sure you would be "balanced" enough to understand that? Is it too much to ask allies to respect that... Especially since no HOT pursuit agreements are in place?

this is getting insane .. how dare nato fly into pakistani airspace ,, where are the f-16s ???

Really!? How so... How is the sacrifice of our people unrelated. You yourself asked we need to chose a side, is our intention not clear enough for you?
Because the topic under discussion is the air space violation by NATO and not Pakistan's role in WOT. And GoP has publically chosen a side in this war already...

Again, you are not directly facing or will ever face the consequences of this, my term in university ends this year, i return to Pakistan in March 2011... It directly effects me and every other PAKISTANI

My posts are balanced! until people start over stepping the mark when it comes to my nation. You guys don't tolerate anti Indian nonsense on PDF, why should we tolerate anti Pakistani nonsense here either?
Which anti Pakistan non sense from me in this thread prompted you to personally attack me? Do point that out ...

LandiKotal - 2nd November

Kurham Agency - 29 September

2 Incidents in such short time span... mix ups?

You must be well aware of how many accidental civilian deaths have happened in KP during the PA's COIN ops.. In war, everything doesnt run like a pre planned script. Mix ups happen..specially at the front lines

Sovereigntyis Sovereignty... I am sure you would be "balanced" enough to understand that? Is it too much to ask allies to respect that... Especially since no HOT pursuit agreements are in place?
No 2 thoughts about it. Raise a stink diplomatically and if it doent work out, back out of the alliance in WOT. No point in making unrealistic statement about shooting down an allied chopper which serve no purpose but to release pent up aggression.

Latest posts

Pakistan Affairs Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom