What's new

NATO Attacks Pakistani Check-post

^^ yes recall every soldier from the border- and let US do anything they want-

Lol, yeah...I shiver at night in fear of the Pakistan armed forces.

You might not (ignorance to reality).. but your Govt. does.. thats why Kerry came running to cool down Pakistani Nation :P.. though that made it worst

The question i like to ponder upon is what if they (the yanks) want us to confront them? What if they want that we should bring down a drone or for that matter a chopper? Are they daring us?

On another note, i think we have been amply ridiculed by these people. Whenever we try to take a stance, they insult us by another done/physical/verbal attack on the same very day. i think it's high time we should stop doing the lip service and instead take some physical actions.

there wont be any formal announcement of any such incident in the fog of war any thing can happen but I dont wish it
I still dont think yanks are daring us.
they would be shooting in their own foot by doing so. its not just the NATO supply route, Pakistan is vital to the war effort and their plans in Afghanistan
I am happy that these internet warriors and trolls are not in charge of the affairs on either side otherwise the place would resemble the Kabul football stadium of during Taliban time in power.

I know a lot of ranters are wishing an open conflict between America and Pakistan, I really hope these people are dragged off their seats and put in front of the Americans if the all out hostilities are declared between NATO and Pakistan.

Precisely and to do that with utmost respect -- and to give the people the facts - the army must learn that there is only one way to win the support of Pakistanis, you have to be 100 percent truthful with them - see with the truth on your side, you are not open to blackmail, not from anybody -- and of course the army should encourage the government to make public to Pakistanis and the world, what it seeks in Afghanistan and why that is a good that the world can buy into.

ABSO-BLOODY-LUTELY

Of course they can do that, as long as they are also ready for the inevitable consequences, right?

Is being a non-entity blow up doll more acceptable?

The situation is not of fight and die, its a die or fight. I don't know if my nation would echo my feelings on this, but I'd prefer to perish while fighting for it rather than perish as a non-entity.

I can only imagine the dilemma the ground force officers and soldiers face when they see the NATO or American flags on the choppers. They obviously would call in to Central Command with reports that they are being attacked and seeking permission to retaliate. Central Command's orders would be to hold tight until they get back. Central Command would then try and get hold of the US envoy who most probably is out at a function or getting a massage and cannot be disturbed. By then boom boom and those invading choppers are out of town

Which is why I reject the notion each time whenever a pro-GHQ proponent suggests that its Zardari that has not given the army the permission to fight back, that the defence of Pakistan is a given for the army. You don't need to call up Zardari "Ji Pakistani ki band baj rahi hai, kya main Pakistan ko bacha loon?" Drones come to attack Pakistan you HAVE to take them down. PAF chief saying they just need the nod from the government is ridiculous. If so, PAF chief should have instead said that the government has stopped us. He didn't say that.

You might not (ignorance to reality).. but your Govt. does.. thats why Kerry came running to cool down Pakistani Nation :P.. though that made it worst

The US Government shows its fear! Lol

I'm sure it was an accident..I am glad your boys are OK. The diplomats will smooth it out...and we can get down to finishing the terrorist. That IS what everyone wants I assume?

they would be shooting in their own foot by doing so. its not just the NATO supply route, Pakistan is vital to the war effort and their plans in Afghanistan

i dont 100% agree here though....don't you think that to a large extent, they need as much of an excuse as possible to ''show'' everyone why Afghanistan didn't go so well towards the end

a ''hostile'' Pakistani STATE would go a long way to prove ''see here, the whole time it wasn't just non state actors but also state actors hindering our fight''

and I am of the opinion that yes -- these incursions and incidents are as much a border incursion and violation of the sovereignty as incursions by these Goddam Chechens, Islamic State of Uzbekistan walas, Arab and other trouble-makers who have no business at all to be in FATA or elsewhere.

I know a lot of ranters are wishing an open conflict between America and Pakistan, I really hope these people are dragged off their seats and put in front of the Americans if the all out hostilities are declared between NATO and Pakistan.

we want what is best for Pakistan.....and we cannot have peace and stability in Pakistan if there is a hostility, anarchy, drugs and proliferation of other ills of society in the Afghanistan. We simply cannot, and history has proven this time and time again.

now granted, the NATOs are working around some very tight and contrained RoEs. This makes their lives harder. But by alienating and pushing the button of their ''major non-NATO ally'' then they will be leaving the region with more animosity than present or future partnerships.

Partnership and respect are a two-way thing......and unilateral, unwarranted actions like these naturally SHOULD HAVE consequences of varying degree. The people sitting over there up in Islamabad need to grow a proper functioning pair of balls and on cue, do something about it.

People on the street are very very upset and angry.

You almost made it sound as if our army is scared of an incompetent one in S. Asia

The Chief just needs to ask us to step up in defence along with the nation, an army of 160 million will fight! We will all fight. The chief should know this nation would stand by him and is very eager to see him take that step of defending attacks from Nato.

You almost made it sound as if our army is scared of an incompetent one in S. Asia

you blame us for our failures, why not look in the mirror and tell me why Afghan talebans are stronger now than they were as late as 2005/early 2006?

Pakistan cannot be used a scapegoat here, because movements and regimes in Afghanistan can simply not last without broad(er) public support on the ground there --in the theater.

so what gives? Why use scape-goat tactics, where is the honour in that? At least we admit our faults and short-comings

there wont be any formal announcement of any such incident in the fog of war any thing can happen but I dont wish it
I am happy that these internet warriors and trolls are not in charge of the affairs on either side otherwise the place would resemble the Kabul football stadium of during Taliban time in power.

Point agreed and taken, but there is a difference between aggressiveness and assertiveness.. isn't it?.. right now, Pakistan's rulers are being passive, which is not good either, as it is becoming the reason of unrest inside the country, in normal people.. That has to be tackled too..

Responsibility of Government is to keep citizen of the country safe, positive and up-for-any-task.. Foreign affairs come later in the list..

Bhutan closed its borders for international community for a long time to develop its internal infrastructure, living standards and Industry.. When they opened their borders in 1960s, they were self sustained country..

Just my two cents..

Back
Top Bottom