What's new

NATO Attacks Pakistani Check-post

^^^
Everyone have right to fire in Self Defence.

sitting away from that area you guys can only imagine and post angry abuses. But if you come here and check that its 4am or 5 and their jets just bombard you while you are sleeping and they run away tell me how much time the ground forces have to fire on the jets ??

when its ground shelling from NATO/US forces from Afghanistan on our check posts then we also do retaliate.

but from now on they should be alert and do activate AA guns

:help: It is 4 AM and Pakistan cannot defend as it is nice to stay in bed... :pakistan:

Sounds really lame. I hope the forces know that defending a nation is a 24 X 7 X 365.25 job.

But why pak army is reluctant to go against the Haqqani network? If Pak army's hands are full, then leave it to NATO/US. Once the Haqqani network is eliminated, a major hurdle is finished. And the region can have peace.

Excellent, blame the Indian - Nato does the attack, Blame the Indian, the Pakistan Fauj refuses to arm it's men to defend themselves, the Pakistan Fauj plays a game against the civilian government and international obligations -- and it's all the Indian's fault.

Oh, yes, there are "shuhadah" to think of - now which ones are these, the ones blowing up the Pakistani civilians and Faujis or the just the Fauji?

As long as some remain trapped in Islamist mindset, Muslims will continue to suffer, even if they imagine that it's they who have a army and not an army that has them.

Funny, as none of the "Pakistani" said "thanks" but Indians and OUTSIDERS did.. :P.. Thats exactly what THEY want :P

But why does Pakistan have to "demand or Request" details from others - we have our own troops there, they know what this was about, right?? But trust your own experience, when has the Pakistan Fauj ever, done a factual investigation and has let the chips fall where they may - honestly, when??

So, just relax, accept these are other "human sacrifices" of the Pakistan Fauj to the it's own machinations - one day we will be free of this tyrant and traitorous Fauj, and that day we will be free of the Islamist scourge as well.

ranting - Okay, Lets assume, you are the COAS, what would be YOUR approach to recent situation?

But why does Pakistan have to "demand or Request" details from others - we have our own troops there, they know what this was about, right?? But trust your own experience, when has the Pakistan Fauj ever, done a factual investigation and has let the chips fall where they may - honestly, when??

So, just relax, accept these are other "human sacrifices" of the Pakistan Fauj to the it's own machinations - one day we will be free of this tyrant and traitorous Fauj, and that day we will be free of the Islamist scourge as well.

'Islamist mindset, Islamist scourge'! Are you saying that Pasha, Kayani and Mr. Ten Percent have Islamist mindset? Yeah, you're right, they are as Islamic as obama. All the top decision making figures in Pakistan are secular and so are you. These seculars have the habit of blaming the Islamists for their stupidities. They are the ones responsible for the miseries in the entire Muslim World, including Pakistan. They take foreign aids and put it in their pockets and let their countrymen carry the burden of the loan. Their greed and corruption knows no bound and you're here to blame the Islamists.

You have to be practical or live in wonderland... Today is information age, your criticize or praise will not change the truth...

Today I read one of the best comment of pakistani member "capability of PAF",

When was the last time you used the "information age" to gather info about Kashmir?? .. ummmm... just wondering...

Yes, Pakistanis are apparently deep committed to making sense or is it ghairat -- anyway, Where do you stand, with the truth or with nationalistic lies?

Yes, Pakistanis are apparently deep committed to making sense or is it ghairat -- anyway, Where do you stand, with the truth or with nationalistic lies?

I stand by truth, and am still waiting for any proof to be provided by US to "invade" inside Pakistan..

BTW, you haven't responded to my question.. what would YOU do if YOU are COAS?.. its a simple question..

if that helps you in anyway then i hope that in the next meeting the Pakistanis "request" more details behind the reasons that led to NATO forces firing at Pakistani post.
like highlighted by other people and in other news. our forces are not silent either and do fire back recently there were some Afghan forces casualties due to this firing.

its not a contest among these two forces as you and some others see it. I am afraid that both NATO and Pakistani forces wont go down the route which some people are hoping and advocating.

it's about ground realities, the word "request" is realistic and appropriate in this context. (even the request will not be entertained)

Nato/Us forces are already on the route, the denial mode will not exist for long now. Never said that it's a contest between the two forces, it's about protecting the sovereignty.

Pakistan lost the PR war esp. in the OECD nations with this, there are bunch high priced lobbyists that pakistan put in place to collect US aid in Washington and now they shoot at NATO, at least in the short-term Pakistan has to mend some differences with NATO. May be they just posturing to the right-wingers, who want Pakistan to stand-up to US & NATO.

sitting away from that area you guys can only imagine and post angry abuses. But if you come here and check that its 4am or 5 and their jets just bombard you while you are sleeping and they run away tell me how much time the ground forces have to fire on the jets ??

when its ground shelling from NATO/US forces from Afghanistan on our check posts then we also do retaliate.

but from now on they should be alert and do activate AA guns

Maam... Our ARMY operates short range SAM
1351c6c20dc9a359d297dbfcc05146f5.jpg

isn't it too handy? we manufacture these SAM. it is ideal for slow moving and low flying aircraft. MAGAR CHORIAYAN PEHAN KER CHALANA ZARA MUSHKIL HOTA HAI.

Pakistan lodges ‘strong protest’ over Nato violation

MIRAMSHAH: A Nato helicopter from Afghanistan intruded into Pakistan’s North Waziristan region on Tuesday, wounding two troops, local intelligence officials said, adding to tensions between Islamabad and the West.

“It happened early morning,” a Pakistani intelligence official in the region, who declined to be identified, told Reuters. “The helicopter hit a Pakistani check post on the border in the Datta Khel area.”

Another intelligence official said several Pakistani helicopters took off from Miranshah, the main town in North Waziristan, towards the site of the attack. The purpose of the Pakistani mobilisation was unclear.

The Pakistan army lodged a “strong protest” with Nato in Afghanistan over what it said was a violation of Pakistani air space by two helicopters, a military statement said.

The military condemned the violation and has requested for a flag meeting with Nato officials, DawnNews quoted ISPR spokesman Athar Abbas as saying.

Lieutenant-Commander Colette Murphy, a spokeswoman for the Nato-led International Security Assistance Force (Isaf), said in Kabul that the coalition was aware of the reports and looking into them, but had no immediate comment.

North Waziristan is the base of the Haqqani network blamed for the insurgency in eastern Afghanistan. US-led drone aircraft have repeatedly targeted the area over the past year.

Many militants, including foreign fighters loyal to al Qaeda, are based in Datta Khel. It is a stronghold of fighters loyal to Hafiz Gul Bahadur and has been a frequent target of US drone strikes.

Pakistan’s private news channel said the checkpost targeted in the latest attack was located right on the border between Afghanistan and Pakistan.

It quoted officials as saying that the helicopters were just about to intrude into Pakistani territory when aerial gunshots were fired. They subsequently moved back but fired a retaliatory shot due to which rubble fell from the nearby mountains and wounded the security personnel.

The reported incursion came a day after unmanned US drone aircraft fired missiles in Datta Khel killing 12 militants, Pakistani officials said.

An intelligence official said that one of the dead militants, an Arab, was the son of an al Qaeda operative identified as Abu Kashif. There was no way to verify the death toll. Militants often dispute official accounts of drone attacks.

Relations between the US and Pakistan have been pushed almost to the breaking point after the secret May 2 raid on Abbottabad that killed Osama bin Laden, embarrassing and humiliating the powerful Pakistani Army and intelligence service.

Before that, in late January, undercover CIA contractor Raymond Davis killed two Pakistanis in Lahore, resulting in a six-week standoff over diplomatic immunity.

A previous incursion on Sept. 30, 2010, killed two Pakistani troops and wounded four more when Nato helicopters crossed the border while pursing insurgents. Pakistan retaliated by shutting down the supply route for Nato troops in Afghanistan.

Washington sees the rugged border region between Afghanistan and Pakistan as a critical battleground against al Qaeda and the Taliban.

I stand by truth, and am still waiting for any proof to be provided by US to "invade" inside Pakistan..
AAtish

The "proof" are the number of "invasions" themselves -- see, the US will continue to do this unless the Pakistan Fauj does it's duty - that is to say safe guard Pakistan -- But wait, how can the Pak Fauj do this against for instance the US, while it refuses to and has refused to for the last 20 or more years, to safe guard Pakistan from Islamist terrorists -- You see how the Pakistan has not left any face for Pakistan? DO you see how it's own tools have been turned against it and the Pakistani nation?? After all, if Islam of the Talib is so good for Afghanistan, why is it so bad for Pakistan??

What would I do if I were COAS?

I would highlight that the army and Pakistani armed forces, per the constitution are subject to the orders of the civilian government -- and I would ensure that the Pakistan army in particular is out of all foreign policy making - unless specifically, asked to do so by law

And if the civilian government refuses to commit the armed forces to protect Pakistan, I would resign and add my voice to pressure the government to act or resign or face political pressure that may call for vote of confidence

Back
Top Bottom