What's new

National Shooter becomes victim of love jihad.

I seriously didn't know that. Is that a tribal custom? How prevalent is that amongst Indian groups?

No, tribal customs have nothing to do with it; it's mostly for medical reasons, but there are other factors too, the obvious ones - like the fact that circumcision is more hygienic, and also greatly diminishes the chance of contracting STDs, UTI etc. I'd say it is quite prevalent among urban and semi-urban Indian groups across religious lines... Can't remember the percentage, though.

I believe these are not serious issues as it is being presented...In my friend circle in US, there are 3 south Indian Hindu boys who are married to Muslim girls without my friends being converted to Muslims...I have seen in their home their spouses performs the regular friday prayer as well as they sit on the prayer that happens in their familly in their Hindu custom...Their kids follow as per Hindu custom...

So in my impression, BJP should drop these kind of issues and rather focous on delivering the promises that they have made to the public...BJP won with good amount in UP and BIhar so their MPS has to perform rather than taking up silly things...If a Hindu boy or a girl like to marry with muslims or any other religion people apart from Pakistan, then i think no one should really worry much about it...If the girl is in problem, she has to blame herself that she wonot do any mistake next time...What is the point political parties gets involved on this issue..

It was apparently the religion of "Peace".

(looks like my post got deleted. It was an insult to peace.)

woman scorned- -
she should have booked him for an ISI agent- that would have worked too- fast track-
We are talking about India. Terrorists get released when anti-national community starts protesting and crying foul. The woman won't get no justice, like million other girls whose lives have been ruined by love-jihadis.

Just another day in India.

I seriously didn't know that. Is that a tribal custom? How prevalent is that amongst Indian groups?

Apart from Muslims, no one else gets circumcised in India.

We are talking about India. Terrorists get released when anti-national community starts protesting and crying foul. The woman won't get no justice, like million other girls whose lives have been ruined by love-jihadis.

Just another day in India.

Hey, welcome back.

No, tribal customs have nothing to do with it; it's mostly for medical reasons, but there are other factors too, the obvious ones - like the fact that circumcision is more hygienic, and also greatly diminishes the chance of contracting STDs, UTI etc. I'd say it is quite prevalent among urban and semi-urban Indian groups across religious lines... Can't remember the percentage, though.

Ah thanks for that. I'm intrigued about the custom crossing religious lines.

Apart from Muslims, no one else gets circumcised in India.

Indrani, please read the above.

@Bombaywalla

Ah thanks for that. I'm intrigued about the custom crossing religious lines.

Indrani, please read the above.

@Bombaywalla

I read his post which is mostly nonsense. There is no circumcision among people of other religions in India. May be in case of hypospadias or some such medical irregularity. I do not know if a few Americanized Indians have adopted it under the belief of its supposed hygiene or whatever, but nothing I have seen or heard from anyone and considering how derogatorily it is viewed among the Hindus, it is definitely an improbability.

I suspect mostly given his chosen name @Bombaywalla, he comes from a mixed religious background and would have been circumscribed if his mom is a Muslim. This is only a guess and if true, this is where his misinformation comes from.

Batliboy claims that most urban Hindu males are circumcised :lol: ........... that too for preventing STD :D

He is known for making inane comments and observations. Anyways, I am supposed to be giving him a wide berth and not indulge in conversation with him.

I read his post which is mostly nonsense. There is no circumcision among people of other religions in India. May be in case of hypospadias or some such medical irregularity. I do not know if a few Americanized Indians have adopted it under the belief of its supposed hygiene or whatever, but nothing I have seen or heard from anyone and considering how derogatorily it is viewed among the Hindus, it is definitely an improbability.

I suspect mostly given his chosen name @Bombaywalla, he comes from a mixed religious background and would have been circumscribed if his mom is a Muslim. This is only a guess and if true, this is where his misinformation comes from.

...the term you are looking for is "katlu" :P

I suspect his father is a Bori Muslim and his mom might be a parsi. I have seen offspring's of such marriages before. Definitely a hybrid. Anyway its off topic.

...the term you are looking for is "katlu" :P

I suspect his father is a Bori Muslim and his mom might be a parsi. I have seen offspring's of such marriages before. Definitely a hybrid. Anyway its off topic.

He claimed to be a Hindu somewhere. I generally take these at face value since there is no way to contest it and it is a futile exercise. So even if he is a mix between a Hindu and Muslim, given the power equations in these sort of marriages, he would have been brought up a Muslim with a Hindu surname and circumcised.

He claimed to be a Hindu somewhere. I generally take these at face value since there is no way to contest it and it is a futile exercise. So even if he is a mix between a Hindu and Muslim, given the power equations in these sort of marriages, he would have been brought up a Muslim with a Hindu surname and circumcised.

A uncircumcised father is NEVER going to let someone cuts his kids foreskin :disagree:

Back
Top Bottom