What's new

National animal status for cow

Status
Not open for further replies.
pandi curry is pork curry in koorgi language ! not idea what it means in Malayalam !
I think they're confusing it with 'pundai' :sarcastic:

I know a few cuss words from down south, correct me if I'm wrong though.

Its quit all right. Pandi does mean pig or swine in tamil.

In fact it means pig in kannada, Tulu, coorgi, malayalam and Tamil.
nope..
panni in Malayalam
handhi in Kannada

I should learn more south Indian swear words. They sound like lots of fun!

nope..
panni in Malayalam
handhi in Kannada

Nope,

The ethnic slur you refer to means 'pig' due to observed dirty habits of those people.

The root word is same for all south Indian languages while refering to pig.

Its Panri in tamil, distorted to Panni in malayalam, pandi in kannada and coorgi and Telugu, Pangi in tulu.

Great thought!

Cows contribute more to the economy than the freeloader community.

I should learn more south Indian swear words. They sound like lots of fun!

was quite surprised to see that pork curry was padhi curry in Tulu/Telugu Kodava languages and Tamil.

as Pandi is actually an ethnic slur for Tamils in Malayalam.

nope..
panni in Malayalam
handhi in Kannada

I think I recognise the poster you are replying to.

Nope,

The ethnic slur you refer to means 'pig' due to observed dirty habits of those people.

The root word is same for all south Indian languages while refering to pig.

Its Panri in tamil, distorted to Panni in malayalam, pandi in kannada and coorgi and Telugu, Pangi in tulu.
please....it has nothing to do with their habits and has an entirely different meaning that you shitted...
The Malayalam word pandi derived from pandiyanadu region of Tamilnadu,because mostly all the earlier Tamil immigrant workers in Kerala were from Madurai,Dindigul regions of old pandiyanadu..and they were called as pandi(cut short form of pandyanadu peoples)..
similarly Tamils are called as kongas in Bangalore and Karnataka,because most of the earlier Tamil immigrant workers were from kongunadu region of Tamilnadu(Coimbatore-salem-Krishnagiri belt)..
Pig in Kannada is handhi...

was quite surprised to see that pork curry was padhi curry in Tulu/Telugu Kodava languages and Tamil.

as Pandi is actually an ethnic slur for Tamils in Malayalam.

I think I recognise the poster you are replying to.
He is teaching Malayalam to Malayalis...

In Tamil while speaking no one says panri though, every one uses panni for pig. In written tamil it is panri.

Edit note the use of the word:

At 00:46 Here it used as an abuse...it is not an ethnic slur :lol It is the equivalent of calling someone a pig in english.

Last edited:
please....it has nothing to do with their habits and has an entirely different meaning that you shitted...
The Malayalam word pandi derived from pandiyanadu region of Tamilnadu,because mostly all the earlier Tamil immigrant workers in Kerala were from Madurai,Dindigul regions of old pandiyanadu..and they were called as pandi(cut short form of pandyanadu peoples)..
similarly Tamils are called as kongas in Bangalore and Karnataka,because most of the earlier Tamil immigrant workers were from kongunadu region of Tamilnadu(Coimbatore-salem-Krishnagiri belt)..
Pig in Kannada is handhi...

He is teaching Malayalam to Malayalis...

If Pandi was derived from Pandiyanadu it would not have been a slur :lol: Spin your tales to people who cannot tell your mouth from you @ss when you fart.

Kannada sometimes replaced the world 'h' for 'p' at times so many words are distorted like milk "palu" becomes "halu", flower "puvvu" becomes Huvu, anthill "putta" becomes hutta, pandi is pronounced as hendi.

The day I have to learn ANYTHING from you, it will be a sad sad day in my life. It probably means I am brain dead. Now spare me your amateurish attempts at being a linguist.

There are a lot more urgent and pressing matters that need to be attended to. And all these bozos are concerned with is this?

"oorige vandu chinti, oodaalriige beradu" a saying in Kannada, meaning, the village has some issues that need to be tended to, while the village rascals and vagabonds have totally another!

Did anyone tell Mr Pandey babu that they also eat cow meat in Denmark!!?

"Ajjige arivi chinti aadra magaliga mindan chinti" - is the more popular version.:lol:

If Pandi was derived from Pandiyanadu it would not have been a slur :lol: Spin your tales to people who cannot tell your mouth from you @ss when you fart.

Kannada sometimes replaced the world 'h' for 'p' at times so many words are distorted like milk "palu" becomes "halu", flower "puvvu" becomes Huvu, anthill "putta" becomes hutta, pandi is pronounced as hendi.

The day I have to learn ANYTHING from you, it will be a sad sad day in my life. It probably means I am brain dead. Now spare me your amateurish attempts at being a linguist.
Are you lecturing me about Malayalam???
Malayalam is my mother tongue and know more about it than you...
you better go and chant some Sanskrit slogas...

Are you lecturing me about Malayalam???
Malayalam is my mother tongue and know more about it than you...
you better go and chant some Sanskrit slogas...

Lecturing you on anything is a waste, that has been well established. I am hoping you would put me on your ignore again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom