What's new

National Aerospace Science and Technology Park Launched

I do think they'll make some decent progress, but Pakistan's structural problems will limit things for everyone involved, be it private sector or state-owned. We don't invest in education, bottom-up R&D, accessible R&D facilities (for students, academics, etc to use without going through red-tape), and so on. Even the best-run private sector company in Pakistan can only work with what's available in Pakistan.

@JamD
How it gona happen when Govt mafia seating every where in PK ?

141735388_3726540887422923_72434685123413633_n.jpg

:dirol: :dirol:
Educated People of PK

118950015_10157243456291373_4841428033249961442_n (1).jpg

The worst part is that this is low-tier plunder, not even effective plunder.

IMO, "effective plunder" is when you look at other countries and aim to take their resources. How? You set up super-competitive enterprises at home and, with some foreign policy muscle (via loans, investment, military intervention, etc), enter other markets. You'd mine their minerals and import them into Pakistan for a low cost, and then re-export manufactured goods for a higher price.

It's within that chunky profit margin that your elites 'plunder' and become billionaires.

But in Pakistan, we have the laziest and most incompetent version of plunder. These guys can't even become that rich with whatever they're doing; it's literally a waste of everyone's time, including the guy who's benefitting (relatively little) from it.
Very interesting perspective.

Sadly, foresight and critical thinking (key prerequisites for the above) have never been our areas of strength.

Just as we look for shortcuts in everything, so too is the case in plunder.

It was initially a shopping mall ( Falcon shopping mall) on Shahra e Faisal Karachi.
On the intervention of Supreme court, it was converted as NATSP
Yes, the Karachi based NASTP, the others in Rawalpindi, Lahore and Kamra are newly built infrastructures.

Here's the Karachi one that was converted from a mall:

2023-08-23.jpg
IMG_20230816_164300_115.jpg
2023-08-10.jpg
IMG_20230816_165324_945.jpg
2023-08-19.jpg

Yes, the Karachi based NASTP, the others in Rawalpindi, Lahore and Kamra are newly built infrastructures.

Here's the Karachi one that was converted from a mall:

View attachment 948876View attachment 948877View attachment 948878View attachment 948879View attachment 948880

Buildings are all well and good - but what matters is the quality of the people in them - and on that account - should we be hopeful or will this just become another retirement holding area for ex-military matric fail duffers ? That is the real question.

Buildings are all well and good - but what matters is the quality of the people in them - and on that account - should we be hopeful or will this just become another retirement holding area for ex-military matric fail duffers ? That is the real question.
I'm on the fence here, I really wouldn't be optimistic about this.

It still hasn't been fully operationalised so we don't know right now, but I do fear that it won't operate strictly on merit or create a conductive environment/ecosystem for growth.

There's also an issue with retaining quality talent in the country because the situation keeps pushing them out.

Back
Top Bottom