What's new

Naswarville

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey talon whats up?:woot: did you enjoyed reading my research report security lapse?:woot: it is a good hobby for me to keep myself and my mind up to date,till I will get admissions this November,Inshallah..:D

@Slav Defence where?! what?! I have been trying to avoid too much tech...am on a break :ashamed:

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, a little bit more info on it please..... other than reading on metallurgy.... I love crazy science of genetic tinkering.... :P

Well the EU has weird laws regarding GM....they still cant accept it but there are loop holes which we scientists swim through all the time because GM is not properly defined!! :rofl:

If I were a geneticist... I wouldn't have cared about the laws anyways....... progress needs people who think out of the box and are willing to go all the way to test it.... :D

Well the EU has weird laws regarding GM....they still cant accept it but there are loop holes which we scientists swim through all the time because GM is not properly defined!! :rofl:

P.S... come to think of it, I never thought much about the law anyways.... I do what I feel like doing.... law is for losers to be bound by..... :D

Dude, a little bit more info on it please..... other than reading on metallurgy.... I love crazy science of genetic tinkering.... :P

Genetically modified Zebrafish , being sold commercially now as ' Glofish ' , but only in the U.S. The fish glows in the dark , good aesthetics and aquarium stuff , but it has scientific uses as a pollutant indicator . Achieved by inserting a gene ( GFP ) from a jelly fish into the fish which results in unnatural bioluminescence , but since its available in different colors now , other methods are probably being used .

Want me to go a bit technical ? :D

Yeah, go ahead... I soak up "technical" stuff..... :P

Genetically modified Zebrafish , being sold commercially now as ' Glofish ' , but only in the U.S. The fish glows in the dark , good aesthetics and aquarium stuff , but it has scientific uses as a pollutant indicator . Achieved by inserting a gene ( GFP ) from a jelly fish into the fish which results in unnatural bioluminescence , but since its available in different colors now , other methods are probably being used .

Want me to go a bit technical ? :D

@RAMPAGE i hope u can get me the screenshot.
I need a little nap, i have been working whole night! Bye!
@Tk_90 Mirvs ready!

If I were a geneticist... I wouldn't have cared about the laws anyways....... progress needs people who think out of the box and are willing to go all the way to test it.... :D
Well, there are ethical boundries and if no one will fund you (most of my funding is from EU bodies) then researches cant take place ....no matter how much out of the box you think!! :P

Then , I presume , you can import that particular animal in question ? :D

Then , I presume , you can import that particular animal in question ? :D

cant...GM is viewed very differently in EU as compared to USA....

Even if we import it somehow...it will be quarantined!

@Secur, yara I want those gold fish..... I can think of hundred different uses for them suckers...... :P

@Secur just found this:

GloFish have reduced fertility compared to the species, possibly due to higher energy costs associated with fluourescence, instead of other bodily functions

Whatever... as long as I can scare few people I know..... :devil:

people get scared of a fish glowing? man you know weirdos!! :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom