What's new

Narendra Modi free to apply for visa: US

KS - It was not followed by BJP in the previous NDA regime. That is a good thing. But assure Indians as a policy change that BJP will remain the face of moderate right wing - like the Republicans in US. People are afraid of both the extremist forces - Hindu and Islam.

There is a difference between BJP and NDA. People vote for NDA, not for BJP. Therein lies the solution. Unlike the US, where its individual parties and hence their charter matters, in India its the CMP (Common minimum programme) of the coalition that matters.

Please check my earlier post. I have updated it about choosing between BJP and Congress. Instead of resigning for a fate between BJP and Congress, it is atleast better to create some uncertainty and make the parties work hard for majority. So that there is more pressure on them for improvement.
And Kejriwal need not win to make a difference, he just needs some significant percentage points to threaten the duo.

See this uncertainty is the most dangerous thing. Everyone falling short of majority and then the resultant horsetrading resulting in highly unstable, idealogically divergent coalitions where the daily policy decisions are subject to the push and pull of each and every party thus nothing moving forward in the overall sense. Havent we learned this enough from the daily recurring coalition dharma dramas ?

There is a difference between BJP and NDA. People vote for NDA, no for BJP. Therein lies the solution. Unlike the US, where its individual parties and hence their charter matters, in India its the CMP (Common minimum programme) of the coalition that matters.

At some point as BJP starts to prove itself within NDA, it will want to get an absolute majority with the changes in the demography in the coming years(more middle class and more youngsters). That is when the policy change will help BJP in securing itself.

Also I am afraid we are dangerously spiralling into a two party system like the USA. Losing vote share is a fear for all political parties. So if small parties gain more share, it will shake the biggies at least a little bit to avoid giving tickets to the super hardcore corrupt as opposed to the harcore corrupt.

That is a good thing according to me. I am not a fan of coalition govts.

Every mature democracy has some or other rule to limit the no of parties from mushroooming.

See this uncertainty is the most dangerous thing. Everyone falling short of majority and then the resultant horsetrading resulting in highly unstable, idealogically divergent coalitions where the daily policy decisions are subject to the push and pull of each and every party thus nothing moving forward in the overall sense. Havent we learned this enough from the daily recurring coalition dharma dramas ?
The way I think: Over the period of time, our parties will learn to work together better(despite sitting in opposite benches) if there is uncertainty(Israel is an example). The alternative is we will be like US. We get combo plans of policies[Edit:sorry. deleted this partchinese menu kind of policy list]. It is already there today.
You don't want BJP -> Elect Congress -> Wait! You will have to live with more reservations.
The only common beneficiaries of both parties will be the big industry.

That is a good thing according to me. I am not a fan of coalition govts.

Every mature democracy has some or other rule to limit the no of parties from mushroooming.
Not every mature democracy. Some would say India is a mature democracy :) If you do not like the example, Israel is another.

Not every mature democracy. Some would say India is a mature democracy :) If you do not like the example, Israel is another.

The way I think: Over the period of time, our parties will learn to work together better(despite sitting in opposite benches) if there is uncertainty(Israel is an example).

Somewhat bad example. Israel is a declared Jewish state with all their enemies Muslims with their problem idealogical in nature which makes the decision making a whole lot simpler than India.

The alternative is we will be like US. We get combo plans of policies[Edit:sorry. deleted this partchinese menu kind of policy list]. It is already there today.
You don't want BJP -> Elect Congress -> Wait! You will have to live with more reservations.
The only common beneficiaries of both parties will be the big industry.

I hope we go the US way. I can confidently say this is the best of the democracies. Ofcourse they have had a 300 year headstart..but nothing wrong in hoping.

As for the bolded part, I dont know why people hate "big industry" so much. Without big industry there is NO economy. What is needed is not a ultra left anarchist for capital flight to take place..but a center right party to rein in crony capitalism while promoting free market economy.

to apply is modi's right and to reject is usa's right.................:azn:

It's win-win for modi in both conditions, if US rejects the visa he will equate that decision to rejecting a visa of an elected CM & if US approves that visa he will take that as his personal victory.

Someone should kidnap this terrorist and put him on trial for crimes against humanity.

Just like what Israel did with Eichmann, when they captured him in Argentina in 1959.

Someone should kidnap this terrorist and put him on trial for crimes against humanity.

Just like what Israel did with Eichmann, when they captured him in Argentina in 1959.

If one can break his Z+ security consisting of 36 personnel with SPG, NSG, ITBP/CRPF in it, than why not go for it, but believe me it will be considered one of the biggest terrorist attacks on India on the lines of 26/11, as u don't have an iota of knowledge about the crores of followers of Modi :D ;)

Chotta Sardar should occupy the post first held by the bada Sardar.

Even I dont prefer Modi for PM, purely because you cant talk in Gujarati or Hindi with the US Prez...:lol:

Nor can you talk in Chinese, which hardly dictates the appointment of leaders in China. And who the f is the US Prez anyway. A little more self belief is suggested.

Nor can you talk in Chinese, which hardly dictates the appointment of leaders in China. And who the f is the US Prez anyway. A little more self belief is suggested.

US Prez was just an example. Anyway it is not mandatory but generally expected that PM be fluent in the global language so that he can express himself. Actually come to think of it, with the problems facing India today the three portfolios that urgently need Modification are Home Ministry or Surface transport and shipping or commerce and industry.

You sound like Tamilians who are now struggling to communicate and identify with fellow Indians due to avoiding learning hindi.

You sound like Tamilians who are now struggling to communicate and identify with fellow Indians due to avoiding learning hindi.

See, its the quality of leadership that counts. If need be translators can be hired. What good did it do to have nincompoop like Nehru, despite all his highfalutin English?

Hey I'm a tamilian who did not know much Hindi. But I had no difficulty identifying myself with India. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom