What's new

Nano to be launched today!

well in these small segment cars - i dont know why people go for them?? they are so tiny- i am 6'2" tall the roof touches my head, i think these cars are designed for - all the seven dwarf - and this toyota one seem to be desgined for DOPEY!

lol, isnt the average height among men in india is 5 4"?? :P

yeh well average - many things - in asians seem to be very small indeed. loooool - have you heard that theory-4 inch- That stroy just cracked me- how can that be possible man-- lol---well now nano , i think we just love small things,ay

OMG, Tata sure brings back some bad memories. They launched the Tata pickup in Fiji back in 1995-1997. Looked a bit like Toyota Hilux but a bit more flimsy and less powerful. It was almost 3,000 dollars cheaper as well.
They managed to sell some in Fiji , Fiji Indians generally responded well to Indian products and this was the first major one.
Afraid to say, all the pickups had clutch problems. Clutch plates use to burn within 12 months. replacements were made but they developed the same problems in another 12 months !! This time , Tata motors refused to identify as a factory fault, instead of blaming the road conditions :lol:and reckless driving as the root cause. When it was pointed out that , Toyota Hilux, Nissan Navara and Holden Rodeo dont have the problems, they simply shrugged their shoulders.
A class action was filed in 1997, and a few months afer, Tata simply packed up and left, closing all its warehouses almost overnight. The Pickups simply had no spare parts .
Needless to say, it was huge public relations disaster. Not to be outdone, the Fiji Motor association successfully sued in NZ and Aust high courts and the Tata's South pacific license was cancelled !!
Now the Nano is released, hopefully they would have cleaned up their act. Having said that, the new generation of Fiji Indians now run away from anything Made in India:) (barring bollywood of course)

To the creator of this thread: may God save the world indeed..:lol:
Just kidding, one question though, i'm sure the Tata will do well in developed countries, but in these countries where temperatures could rise really high and days become hot like lava, how will the Tata do without any airconditioning as I heard that it doesn't have any of it nor any extra's or luxuries for that matter?

one question though, i'm sure the Tata will do well in developed countries, but in these countries where temperatures could rise really high and days become hot like lava, how will the Tata do without any airconditioning as I heard that it doesn't have any of it nor any extra's or luxuries for that matter?

There are three versions for Nano. The base version of the Nano, which costs Rs 1.34 lakh ,The mid version Nano CX, Rs 1.5 lakh ,the top-end version, Nano LX, costing Rs 1.85 lakh ex-showroom Mumbai. Nano CX and Nano LX is fitted with A/C and Nano LX is a luxury version with music system, power steering and power window.
Tata Motors is working on a micro-hybrid version for the Nano that will increase the fuel efficiency of the world's cheapest car further, while cutting down its emissions. Tata has plans to launch the diesel version of the Tata Nano by next year. The diesel Nano could have a tag price of Rs 2 lakh making it the cheapest diesel car. And Tata unveiled the Tata Nano Europa at the Geneva Motor Show for European market by 2011.:cheers:
Nano Europa
e9f20b56e316a64433bf22dbc9ae6d5b.jpg

To the creator of this thread: may God save the world indeed..:lol:
Just kidding, one question though, i'm sure the Tata will do well in developed countries, but in these countries where temperatures could rise really high and days become hot like lava, how will the Tata do without any airconditioning as I heard that it doesn't have any of it nor any extra's or luxuries for that matter?

(I assume your point is hot summers in India)as I said earlier in this thread...that we have to look at profile of people intrested in this Car...those who are using 2 wheleers...for them problem of summer is there but this will solve the problem in Rains and Winter while being more safe than 2-wheelers......those who feel AC is must and don't have money for new Car will go for Second hand Cars

tx

I have heard TATA has not been allowed to sell the car in USA for safety reasons. Is it true.

I have heard TATA has not been allowed to sell the car in USA for safety reasons. Is it true.

hmmm..... I don't think they have tried that...Its the Holy Grail for any Car company....It will be some time before Tata will take a crack at USA

tx

well in these small segment cars - i dont know why people go for them?? they are so tiny- i am 6'2" tall the roof touches my head, i think these cars are designed for - all the seven dwarf - and this toyota one seem to be desgined for DOPEY!

For most people its the size of their wallet & not their own size that dertermines which car to buy.

Back
Top Bottom