What's new

Nano to be launched today!

kharian i guess- It will be a big hit, in south America , and Europe. I guess that's why they too kit to Geneva last yr. They are planing a plant there too. and most european journalist gave a positive review to this car.

Honda civic for 1.8 ????????????????? is it hybrid version because recently i got my hybrid for 1.4 m rupee. I felt liek **** to pay 42 lack for audi tt , But in pakistan it must be worst.:cheesy:

we dont get audi here, but you can get hybrid...but these days BMW is the most "in" car here....they can be seen everywhere specially in ISB, LHR, KHI and FSD.

expensive, i think government should levy duty and tax from hybrid cars to promote them. Do what California did. Rather they made it even much more expensive.

I wish success to TATA, they are a model to follow for present and future Pakistani auto corporations.

Personally I wouldn't buy one because of safety reasons as I heard there are no airbags and it uses drum brakes.

I guess we have to see this in context..correct me if I am wrong...Mehran 800 also does not have Airbag....we have Japanese companies ridiculing the idea in 2002 when RT talked about this plan....last year when this car was unveiled and they have to eat their words then they started talking about safety features like Airbags, Power window while ignoring the fact that even their own cars twice expensive then Nano lags in these features.....

Nano has its drawbacks but i think giving a proper car at this price point is great feet by Tata's...

tx

I wish success to TATA, they are a model to follow for present and future Pakistani auto corporations.

Personally I wouldn't buy one because of safety reasons as I heard there are no airbags and it uses drum brakes.

That is if you are looking to buy a basic version!. Who would buy a car without air conditioning particularly in countries with subcontinental temperatures? :azn:

You get all the necessary features including power brakes and airbags in the mid-end version. And that I think is the best buy for anyone lookig to buy a small car.

Nano europa will be for around 6000 usd - with all features. tHAT will have everythign from airbags to climate control etc.

kharian i guess- It will be a big hit, in south America , and Europe. I guess that's why they too kit to Geneva last yr.

Maybe it will be a hit in parts of Europe like Spain. They have scooters/motorcycles and 2 stroke engined cars already on the streets and they cost 4 times what Nano costs (And Tata already sells their SUVs there). They also have tiny crowded streets and lots of traffic lights in cities and empty two lane roads in outskirts.

But I don't know about places like Germany and USA- the car is way too slow for the highways and AutoBahns. And their cities have crazy taxes, so people may end up paying more on taxes than the car (and hence may buy a costly car).

1.8 Million

Unrelated question - Do Pakistanis count in Lakhs and Crores or in Millions and Billions ? I am used to the Lakh/Crore system so the first few days in US was a mess for me. All the Pakistani people I know here count in Million, but did'nt know if it was a US thing or from education in Pakistan.

Last edited:
That is if you are looking to buy a basic version!. Who would buy a car without air conditioning particularly in countries with subcontinental temperatures? :azn:

You get all the necessary features including power brakes and airbags in the mid-end version. And that I think is the best buy for anyone lookig to buy a small car.

Wrong my friend...60% of India still lives in Villages...hardly 10-15% lives in Metro towns....Family of 4 still use 2-wheelers as the main mode of transport...there is huge market for this car...maybe not in metro...

tx

I heard that the car are made of plastic
Is that true?

and there are no Airbag and Anti-lock braking system?
is this car safey for run in the highway?

I am eagerly to see the car in China,
but I still have some worry about it

I heard that the car are made of plastic
Is that true?

and there are no Airbag and Anti-lock braking system?
is this car safey for run in the highway?

I am eagerly to see the car in China,
but I still have some worry about it

No body is made of steel

No airbags yes- but they do have airbags in 6000$ car exportversion with ATB breaks.
i DOUBT IF IT WILL be goign to china.

No body is made of steel

No airbags yes- but they do have airbags in 6000$ car exportversion with ATB breaks.
i DOUBT IF IT WILL be goign to china.

If Nano in China, I think it will make great success
coz lots of farmers can afford it
But 6000$ car version will have no competition in China Market.

Unrelated question - Do Pakistanis count in Lakhs and Crores or in Millions and Billions ? I am used to the Lakh/Crore system so the first few days in US was a mess for me. All the Pakistani people I know here count in Million, but did'nt know if it was a US thing or from education in Pakistan.

We usually count in millions--talking about corporate world, Its about education I guess....

evrybody is gonna buy this car now...it's a good achievement...i just wish it ran on electricity or something...cus the size of the indian middle-class is massive...global carbon emission levels are gonna reach unprecedented levels!

Back
Top Bottom