What's new

Nadeem F Paracha insults Allama Iqbal.

Really ?? :lol:
No my friend , criticism is always good . NFP`s views are biased and I do not agree with his views . And I made it clear in my first post here . I am only defending "freedom of expression" . But one thing is for sure , NFP is much more knowledgeable than the fellows here who are abusing him for his views !!

you are beating around the bush

Really ?? :lol:
No my friend , criticism is always good . NFP`s views are biased and I do not agree with his views . And I made it clear in my first post here . I am only defending "freedom of expression" . But one thing is for sure , NFP is much more knowledgeable than the fellows here who are abusing him for his views !!
freedom of expression? doesn't always need to be defended. you should be condemning it not supporting his freedom of expression. sure he has the right but doesn't mean we have to respect it or like it.

Moreover, Toheed is not an idea that changes depending on which community holds it.

Did Mirza Ghulam Qadiani have a different idea of Toheed than Sunnis or Shias?

Toheed means Oneness of God and Recognition of His Attributes.

Last edited:
beautifully explained. I admire Iqbal at the level of sainthood. I read his Persian and Urdu poetry and every now and then It just clicks and I wonderful at the depth of his thoughts a wonderful poet. Murd e Momin and Shaheen concept has no relevance to extremist Islam there is no need to feel defensive and lament over it. NFP has an opinion but I chose to disagree because he is being unfairly selective and crude in his comparison.
has he conveniently forgotten that its the same Iqbal who is urging the Muslims to follow a Shia Jinnah and ...

hold your breath my fellow Muslims... and he states that the Toheed is best explained by Mirza Ghulam Ahmed (the spiritual leader and founder of Ahmedi faith) it caused a lot of butt hurt among the Jamat Islami type of Muslims and he was called a kafir etc too.. and then the usual Sharabi" accusation...
NFP misses that too?

what says he? a guy who is folling a shia "karif", praising the Aqeeda Toheed of Ahemdi "Kafirs".. indulges in liquor too is Moududi's partner in extremism?

Sadqain has taken up some of Iqbal's verses and drew some mind blowing pictures .. "Falq Daikh , Zamin daikh...."

Iqbal imploring you to discover the universe within and without. bucking you up, telling you to put your chin up. all that during the worse time of Indian slavery under the British empire.

Now this is how educated people express their views !!

this guy deserves to be chopped up and fed to dogs.

Relax yara . Tolerance and patience is what we need the most . You don`t need to kill every one who disagrees with you

Last edited:
LOL spare us we all know what Iqbal thought about India by the end of his life. :lol:
Is that it...im waiting for more.

LOL. A fact is usually enough. He was a fine Indian poet - as Indians we are glad that he is respected in Pakistan. Although I wonder how he would feel about how his Kashmiri Pandit roots seeing Pandits forced out of the valley. His grandparents after all were Kashmiri Pandits.

LOL. A fact is usually enough. He was a fine Indian poet - as Indians we are glad that he is respected in Pakistan. Although I wonder how he would feel about how his Kashmiri Pandit roots seeing Pandits forced out of the valley. His grandparents after all were Kashmiri Pandits.
lmfao
:omghaha::omghaha:

The onus to make a clearer statement lies on Iqbal. It is not a workable excuse that to understand the meaning of those words one should first study or understand the philosophy of the speaker. The grammar of any language in itself is a set of strict rules that do not allow different interpretations of same sentence. So while I tend to think that Iqbal did not mean the way I interpreted the words (which I did very correctly, per the language), I do question his statement because his being a poet he should have known very well that unless he makes a perfectly clear statement, it can, and should, always be interpreted in different ways as well.

For example, had it not been Iqbal, but some average unknown guy, (say me) to speak those exact words, then you and everyone else would come out with the same counter argument that I did today.

So, for the sake of brevity, all I will say is that Iqbal should have made his statement much clearer than what you quoted.

Hi Iqbal is no Prophet or Sahaba but let me make it clear the credibility of NFP is so poor and so low and the articles full of BS bashing on everything and anything about/against Islam, muslims, Pakistanis and it makes everything about him ridiculous you may write tons in his favor he lost his credibility already so there you go no point in wiping Dr. Iqbal, you should be writing to save NFP credibility any great work by him should be brought forward for everyone to see instead of his daily bashing of Islam and its followers ok? case pretty much closed.

@Aeronaut

Moreover, Toheed is not an idea that changes depending on which community holds it. Did Mirza Ghulam Qadiani have a different idea of Toheed than Sunnis or Shias?

steering discussion off topic MirzaGAQ has nothing to do with this thread.

But let me tell you MGAQ declares himself prophet, messiah and god the reference information is available online google it yourself from his authentic books so yes qadianis have a different idea of toheed. Hope it is cleared and hope you won't bring him into this thread.

Posts such as these clarify my pessimism against my people. A guy disagrees with you, you want his mother to be ashamed, think he's a dog and everyone who states that let the guy speak, you can disagree too, is a heretic. Mr. Paracha's opinion might be wrong but that states nothing about his person.

Whoa! Thats pretty horrible langauge and name-calling by the Administrator, with all due respect. NFP is one of Pakistan's literary jewels. Love him or hate him, the man knows what he is talking about. Or is it the case here that Pakistani liberals are not tolerated here on this forum? Only Quran thumping, Islamic utopia driven theocratic folks get voice here?

I am a proud Muslim and a proud liberal. I admire Allama Iqbal as all Pakistani's do but lets give credit where credit is due; from reading Iqbal's stuff, I could not agree with NFP more. NFP actually nailed it, I couldn't have put it better myself. Allama Iqbal is not the Holy Prophet [P.B.U.H], so I don't see why so much harshness for someone criticizing Iqbal? All men are fallible except our Prophet [P.B.U.H].

Maududi was a curse for Pakistan btw if anyone's wondering.
no man can match the Level of Holy prophet ( Peace.Be.Upon.Him) but no one has the right to disgrace our forefathers
Since Many Talk about being liberal would u like to No one is more liberal than me cz i was born in country where i was free to do any thing way more liberal than any Pakistani can be and being liberal it means Free to express your concerns against wrong standing up for equality giving rights to others please tell me then which religion can be more libreal than Islam ? Islam was the one who gave women rights Islam gave the concept of equality and Iqbal was the men who only wanted what was good for muslims
Being Liberal dsnt mean you walk nude on the street thats idiotic and Since you are a big liberal why dont you go on a street where are some cops and abuse queen then we will see how liberal canada is ? if you have the balls to do that and cops dont do any thing against you then you or any other person can talk rubbish against Iqbal

Of course, he has the right to express his opinions.
And others have a right to critique his opinions and his motivations.

No one here is advocating killing or jailing him for his opinions.

Oh really? Please allow me to quote the opening post by the Administrator of PDF:

This anarchist pigface has crossed all limits of civil arguments. I know how much this heroine addict loves being hated, as he is one of those people who get a kick out of being hated. I just wish that you get run over by a truck you nuthead. This country can do without a self hating, anarchist jerk like you.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom