What's new

Myanmar largest Indian aid recipient after Afghanistan

What are you implying? That we should first ensure zero poor remain and only then start? Here's the deal just incase you didn't know Foreign Relations 101: One has to go along with everything and everyone simultaneously. There is never going to be a situation where there are no poors in any country. Because such a society simply cannot exist if it is as big as India. Maybe for a tiny city state like Brunei, Kuwait, Luxembourg etc its fine, but in a conventionally sized country and with world's second largest population, it is tough since we're slow and democratic.

Poor inside the country doesn't mean that we can sideline foreign relations especially with relevant neighbors. Diplomacy is a simultaneous process. Not a zero sum game.

No one is saying there should be no poor in India, but when leaders say 30 rupees is enough for majority of the Indians living in India to survive, there is a problem there.

There were arguments in the UK whether India should be given aid to fund its toilets, when it spends the most on its defense forces.

By all means, give every nation as much aid as you want to, but don't criticize others when they show how the majority of Indians live inside India.

No one is saying there should be no poor in India, but when leaders say 30 rupees a day is enough for majority of the Indians living in India to survive, there is a problem there.

There were arguments in the UK whether India should be given aid to fund its toilets, when it spends the most on its defense forces.

By all means, give every nation as much aid as you want to, but don't criticize others when they show how the majority of Indians live inside India.

How does it concern you? It's our people and our money. Do I throw a hissy fit at woos of Pakistan, and there are many. Get off this addiction of poverty ****, it suits people first world better.

@bilal.. report post kerne se pehle executive summary padi hai kya aapne ? Data has been taken till 2005 only. another epic failure for bilal

No one is saying there should be no poor in India, but when leaders say 30 rupees is enough for majority of the Indians living in India to survive, there is a problem there.

Thats they problem, not India!

bilal, I feel there is another factor at play. I'm sure you agree that since the advent of India in A-Stan, Pakistan has poured resources to counter Indian presence because of national security interests.
A similar scenario may be present in our case regarding Myanmar, we share a border with them and china is gaining a major presence there.
just my .02

@bilal.. report post kerne se pehle executive summary padi hai kya aapne ? Data has been taken till 2005 only. another epic failure for bilal

This poverty **** addict has been busted many times and still keep using the same decade old statistics, atleast riaz haq's musing are more articulate and cleverly woven.

This is what the executive summary says

India Estimates: Similarly, estimates for India also indicate a continuing decline in poverty. The revised estimates suggest that the percentage of people living below $1.25 a day in 2005 (which, based on India’s PPP rate, works out to Rs 21.6 a day in urban areas and Rs 14.3 in rural areas in 2005 ) decreased from 60% in 1981 to 42% in 2005. Even at a dollar a day ( Rs 17.2 in urban areas and Rs 11.4 in rural areas in 2005 ) poverty declined from 42% to 24% over the same period.

This poverty **** addict has been busted many times and still keep using the same decade old statistics, atleast riaz haq's musing are more articulate and cleverly woven.

This sadists even don't look the content of the report.. data and their timing and jump with the guns...sore losers.

This is what the executive summary says

I never said the World Bank claims that India's poverty levels are 42%, or 37%. I just said that as per the World Bank 2005 statistics, 75.6% of Indians earn 2 dollars (PPP) per day, & 37.2% earn 1.25 dollars (PPP) a day. Then I posted a figure from the World Bank's 2011 report which compared the poverty in each of India's states to other countries.

Then I posted the UN's 2010 MPI chart, which said 645 million Indians (56%) were poor as per the index. I also posted a report that found out that 77% India's people earn 20 rupees or less per day.

What did I say wrong here? Why are you getting so worked up here?

I never said the World Bank claims that India's poverty levels are 42%, or 37%. I just said that as per the World Bank 2005 statistics, 75.6% of Indians earn 2 dollars (PPP) per day, & 37.2% earn 1.25 dollars (PPP) a day. Then I posted a figure from the World Bank's 2011 report which compared the poverty in each of India's states to other countries.

Then I posted the UN's 2010 MPI chart, which said 645 million Indians (56%) were poor as per the index. I also posted a report that found out that 77% India's people earn 20 rupees or less per day.

:rofl: didn't I busted all of your posts ??

This is 2011 not 2005

The reports that you have provided is based on data between 1994-2005.. not updated data. If you have anything which talks about toay's reality let me see.

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

India now has more rich than poor

India now has more rich than poor - Business News - IBNLive

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

so bilal what is the point you are making this claim in a thread dedicated to India and Myanmar ?

This is 2011 not 2005

The reports that you have provided is based on data between 1994-2005.. not updated data. If you have anything which talks about toay's reality let me see.

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:09 AM ----------

India now has more rich than poor

India now has more rich than poor - Business News - IBNLive

---------- Post added at 02:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:11 AM ----------

so bilal what is the point you are making this claim in a thread dedicated to India and Myanmar ?

Just get back on topic. He'll continue destroying the thread with his inferiority complex. That's what most of the insecure varieties do really.

This doesn't concern you, I don't go a JF17 thread and say why do Pakistan spending on fighters when every single day people detonating themselves all over your country. Got the drift?

It becomes more self righteous when your people in your country not only dying at hordes but getting poorer day by day.

According to Pakistans Planning Commission, poverty rate has jumped from 23.9 to 37.5 percent in the last three years. The commission has estimated that in 2005 there were 35.5 million people living below the poverty line but in 2008 their number increased to over 64 million. Consequently, unemployment has also increased.

http://www.pakistantoday.com.pk/2011/01/poverty-in-pakistan/

India's poverty will fall from 51% to 22% by 2015: UN report

This is 2011 not 2005

I gave you a screenshot of the UN's multidimensional poverty index (MPI) 2010 report which showed India's poor to be equal to 645 million (56% of India's total population). Data from the year 2010 has been used. Is that latest enough for you?

india.jpg

StatPlanet

We can't defy the fact most Pakistanis commenting about helping your own people first is true, especially with a developing nation.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom