What's new

Myanmar first country to purchase JF-17 Thunder from Pakistan

Of course it would want access to the Thunder. The Tejas needs all the help it can get. In addition to gud relations, India also has a trade deficit with Myanmar.

The sale of 16 jets, surpasses the total volume of Indian exports to Myanmar.
bol lo,,,din hae.:D
meanwhile tejas mk1 FOC is delayed again.
u got to admit though,,,,,,,for us,,u selling ur future mainstay fighter to myanmar is bettr thn Egypt,Nigeria,Saudi,,where u have certain leverage,,with whom u have strong relations politicaly.with Myanmar chances r,,we will get to study it n nicely develop tactics:D

whats that ?

not actually, tejas is Failure as a Project, but still we god Technology and Experience.
What technology Airbus is going to remodel the tejas MK 2...Training on what it does not fly ... the initial persons that were working on this are now all dead or at the brink of death...so what did you guys learn is all lost..look at the engine project...anyways this is not a thread to be discussing tejas....

What technology Airbus is going to remodel the tejas MK 2...Training on what it does not fly ... the initial persons that were working on this are now all dead or at the brink of death...so what did you guys learn is all lost..look at the engine project...anyways this is not a thread to be discussing tejas....
even china is using Russian Engines for their Fighters.

bol lo,,,din hae.:D
meanwhile tejas mk1 FOC is delayed again.
u got to admit though,,,,,,,for us,,u selling ur future mainstay fighter to myanmar is bettr thn Egypt,Nigeria,Saudi,,where u have certain leverage,,with whom u have strong relations politicaly.with Myanmar chances r,,we will get to study it n nicely develop tactics:D

Chances are Pakistan will replace you in the region, as China increasingly invests in Myanmar's future. The recent Myanmar operation is clouding your judgment. Gaining access to the Thunder will not be as easy as you assume it to be. Myanmar won't be letting India walk through the front door with bags of Indian rupees for a hands-on session with the fighter. That's not how the air force works. Your understanding of foreign relations is also flawed.

Although I have my own disagreements with selling cutting-edge equipment to military dictators (particularly those under US sanctions), Pakistan's Myanmar pivot has come not just at the insistence of the Chinese, but also Pakistan's eager to desire to flank Bangladesh and Thailand. There is a long-term strategic calculus which was taken into account when pushing the deal through. I am not at liberty to disclose the particulars.

Lastly, our mainstay is set to evolve. The program isn't stagnant but inherently dynamic. By the time Myanmar's squadron is operational, the Thunder's next evolution would already have gone into production. Our boys at the Kamra Complex are doing a brilliant job.

Having said that, India will most certainly be snooping around. Pakistan's already taken that into consideration.

then sell them your tejas or Su30-MKI's

India can't sell the MKI. It does not have the requisite license for that. In fact you may be surprised to learn that India imports the alloy blocks used for the fabrication and manufacture of the MKI's air-frame, directly from Russia. It is an unnecessarily expensive procurement process. Russia maintains a tight grip on the MKI. It shouldn't be surprising. A well-maintained and fully-functional MKI is a behemoth.

Last edited:
3) not well sir.... not well.
i am currently in hospital. i got 6(yes 6) mouth blisters and wisdom tooth.
i cant drink,i cant talk and i cant even sleep my mouth hearts like hell xD
i haven't eaten in almost 7 days :( i am just feeling so hungry...... may allah help me :(

Sorry to read that.
May ALLAH bless you with wellness.
Get well soon!

Congratulations to every fellow Pakistani members
Finally JF17 going to have another country flag on its tale
:pakistan::china:

Good for pak on your first sale of JF17, congrats!

However it is rather hilarious to see that you lot are angry at BD. BD has never expressed much interest on JF17 and we would never consider buying an untested platform. BD will buy from China/Russia as finances allow as it has always said.

Current BD govt position is anti-Pakistani without doubt but these bluster for internal public consumption do not affect strategic considerations.

Be happy that you lot have found a buyer, there is no reason to bring BD into it.

(with all respects to jf-17) F7 BGI is faster (mach2.2 VS mach1.6), has same weapons load (3000kg)easy maintenance,f7's radar is junk but we have ground based AESA radars to help, finally and most importantly it's CHEAP there won't be any significant problem if we buy sukhois bit later :)

Sukhoi are good for you

If speed is the scale for aircraft than surely
BGI is better than jf17,j10b,fc31,j20,f35 as all of them are less than Mach 2

Latest posts

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom