What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

Are they building a new airforce base?
Screenshot_20200620-123131_Earth.jpg

Found this on FB
FB_IMG_1592632537078.jpg
FB_IMG_1592632532837.jpg
FB_IMG_1592632534767.jpg

Guys what are the trucks carrying? They seem to have 1 launcher or missile on it.
20200620_130408.jpg

Last edited:
What guns and are those bought from black market or the new products from DI?

Are they building a new airforce base?View attachment 643154

Guys what are the trucks carrying? They seem to have 1 launcher or missile on it. View attachment 643168

All the AF bases are being modified to accommodate incoming Su 30.

The trucks are probably TEL vehicles for S 75M Volga SAM. MAF use S 75M Volga SAM for airfield protection. Eventhough KS 1B are inducted, Volga are kept upgraded and digitized to serve as an effective static AD system.

What guns and are those bought from black market or the new products from DI?
They are DMRs. They probably bought it from Thailand. But some of them look like DI's MA-S.
0-02-06-6a357fa7bdbe389cfce71c8294060cd7def8b13aa61d4f74f397ae8712ad0ba6_c052948b.jpg

Last edited:
I read a CIA report where they said that now it is 90% as the Rohingyas are not anymore living in the Rakhine state.
Do the CHT Buddhists(and Bengali ones like you to a lesser extent) find more affinity with their cross border counterparts compared to BD?

Do the CHT Buddhists(and Bengali ones like you to a lesser extent) find more affinity with their cross border counterparts compared to BD?
No it's not anything like that. In Bangladesh, hindu, muslims, buddhists everyone loves their country but practicing muslims also have soft corner for Pakistan, Turkey, Palestine. Hindus have soft corner for India.

We Buddhists have soft corner for Myanmar, Sri lanka and Thailand as they are Buddhist majority nations however we like Myanmar the most amongst them at least I personally like Myanmar. This is because Buddhists of Bangladesh and Myanmar are culturally similar. I am a Barua Bengali Buddhist but our Buddhist culture is similar to the Burmese and that's why we have support for Myanmar and not much for Sri lanka or Thailand.

Also we Bangladeshi Buddhists use some Burmese word like in Burmese/Arakanese the Buddhist temples are called Kyang and Zedi and we also use Kyang and Zedi for Buddhist temples.

Each year thousands of Buddhists from Bangladesh visits Myanmar to conduct pilgrimage. I personally want to visit the Mahamuni Pagoda as I heard it is a Buddha statue which was blessed by lord Buddha himself.

84915571_2983120901753435_8240037951585648640_o.jpg

This is a Buddhist pagoda in Chittagong. This is a Arakanese/Burmese styled kyang and my most favourite kyang. I have visited this place for many times.

No it's not anything like that. In Bangladesh, hindu, muslims, buddhists everyone loves their country but practicing muslims also have soft corner for Pakistan, Turkey, Palestine. Hindus have soft corner for India.

We Buddhists have soft corner for Myanmar, Sri lanka and Thailand as they are Buddhist majority nations however we like Myanmar the most amongst them at least I personally like Myanmar. This is because Buddhists of Bangladesh and Myanmar are culturally similar. I am a Barua Bengali Buddhist but our Buddhist culture is similar to the Burmese and that's why we have support for Myanmar and not much for Sri lanka or Thailand.

Also we Bangladeshi Buddhists use some Burmese word like in Burmese/Arakanese the Buddhist temples are called Kyang and Zedi and we also use Kyang and Zedi for Buddhist temples.

Each year thousands of Buddhists from Bangladesh visits Myanmar to conduct pilgrimage. I personally want to visit the Mahamuni Pagoda as I heard it is a Buddha statue which was blessed by lord Buddha himself.

View attachment 643551

This is a Buddhist pagoda in Chittagong. This is a Arakanese/Burmese styled kyang and my most favourite kyang. I have visited this place for many times.

Buddha Dhatu Jadi in balaghata town really looks like burmese temples with similar architecture.
Buddha_Dhatu_Zadi01.jpg
BuddhaDhatuJadi4.jpg

Buddha Dhatu Jadi in balaghata town really looks like burmese temples with similar architecture. View attachment 643581 View attachment 643582
Chittagong was once ruled by Arakanese kings. We have hundreds of Buddhist temples built by Arakanese king Sanda Thudamma.

We also have temples built by Mons and Burmese. I saw one Burmese temple in Cox's Bazaar.

The Dhatu Zedi of Bangladesh has the holy relic of Lord Buddha gifted to the head monk by the State Sangha Nayaka Committee of Myanmar.

Guys will be Burmese government support China or India if the current Sino Indian conflict escalates into a major regional crisis? Will Myanmar government support China like always or will they remain neutral as Myanmar is also a friend of India?

Chittagong was once ruled by Arakanese kings. We have hundreds of Buddhist temples built by Arakanese king Sanda Thudamma.

We also have temples built by Mons and Burmese. I saw one Burmese temple in Cox's Bazaar.

The Dhatu Zedi of Bangladesh has the holy relic of Lord Buddha gifted to the head monk by the State Sangha Nayaka Committee of Myanmar.

Guys will be Burmese government support China or India if the current Sino Indian conflict escalates into a major regional crisis? Will Myanmar government support China like always or will they remain neutral as Myanmar is also a friend of India?
I think neutral

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom