What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

They are upgrading the Hmawbi AFB to let Jets use it.
How is Navy ships construction going on ? are they on hold due to the corona virus ?

No it's not anything like that. In Bangladesh, hindu, muslims, buddhists everyone loves their country but practicing muslims also have soft corner for Pakistan, Turkey, Palestine. Hindus have soft corner for India.

We Buddhists have soft corner for Myanmar, Sri lanka and Thailand as they are Buddhist majority nations however we like Myanmar the most amongst them at least I personally like Myanmar. This is because Buddhists of Bangladesh and Myanmar are culturally similar. I am a Barua Bengali Buddhist but our Buddhist culture is similar to the Burmese and that's why we have support for Myanmar and not much for Sri lanka or Thailand.

Also we Bangladeshi Buddhists use some Burmese word like in Burmese/Arakanese the Buddhist temples are called Kyang and Zedi and we also use Kyang and Zedi for Buddhist temples.

Each year thousands of Buddhists from Bangladesh visits Myanmar to conduct pilgrimage. I personally want to visit the Mahamuni Pagoda as I heard it is a Buddha statue which was blessed by lord Buddha himself.

View attachment 643551

This is a Buddhist pagoda in Chittagong. This is a Arakanese/Burmese styled kyang and my most favourite kyang. I have visited this place for many times.
:D:D:D:D:D:D

We Buddhists have soft corner for Myanmar, Sri lanka and Thailand as they are Buddhist majority nations however we like Myanmar the most amongst them at least I personally like Myanmar. This is because Buddhists of Bangladesh and Myanmar are culturally similar. I am a Barua Bengali Buddhist but our Buddhist culture is similar to the Burmese and that's why we have support for Myanmar and not much for Sri lanka or Thailand.
I only asked you because i knew from our previous interaction that you're a Barua Bengali. There are plenty of Barua(and derivatives) in my place too, my long time friends both Assamese and Bengalis(infact some belong to BD refugee families)..I guess you understand what I'm trying to convey.

I only asked you because i knew from our previous interaction that you're a Barua Bengali. There are plenty of Barua(and derivatives) in my place too, my long time friends both Assamese and Bengalis(infact some belong to BD refugee families)..I guess you understand what I'm trying to convey.
Those Baruas are not Buddhis baruas but Hindu baruas. In Assam there is a Barua community and they are Hindu example Paresh Barua the famous ULFA leader.

There are Buddhist barua from
Bangladeshu but they are in Kolkata and Delhi.

Those Baruas are not Buddhis baruas but Hindu baruas. In Assam there is a Barua community and they are Hindu example Paresh Barua the famous ULFA leader.

There are Buddhist barua from
Bangladeshu but they are in Kolkata and Delhi.
I know, shared heritage at some point in time, but was specifically referring to the refugee Bengali Buddhist families here. Anyway, i am no one to question your nationalist beliefs.

This is a Buddhist pagoda in Chittagong. This is a Arakanese/Burmese styled kyang and my most favourite kyang. I have visited this place for many times.
May Lord Buddha's blessings be always with us.

I know, shared heritage at some point in time, but was specifically referring to the refugee Bengali Buddhist families here. Anyway, i am no one to question your nationalist beliefs.
I am not being nationalistic. There are Barua buddhist refugee in Assam and most of them went there in 1971.

No Barua buddhist currently would go to Assam which is underdeveloped. We Baruas go to USA, Canada and Europe mostly. Baruas used to go to India before but they used to settle in Kolkata and Delhi.

May Lord Buddha's blessings be always with us.
Also don't forget Assam was once part of Myanmar. In 19th century the Konbaung dynasty conquered Assam and Manipur. Many Buddhists settled in Assam back then

I am not being nationalistic. There are Barua buddhist refugee in Assam and most of them went there in 1971.

No Barua buddhist currently would go to Assam which is underdeveloped. We Baruas go to USA, Canada and Europe mostly. Baruas used to go to India before but they used to settle in Kolkata and Delhi.

Also don't forget Assam was once part of Myanmar. In 19th century the Konbaung dynasty conquered Assam and Manipur. Many Buddhists settled in Assam back then
Very briefly for just a few years, dark phase all right, coincided with the demise of our centuries old kingdom already troubled by a civil war. But no, native Buddhists have always remained the same regardless of any occupation back then, be it the Singphos who were the guardians of the Patkai or our Khampti Buddhist brothers. Barua Buddhists were the product of growing intolerance in East Pakistan and BD.

Very briefly for just a few years, dark phase all right, coincided with the demise of our centuries old kingdom already troubled by a civil war. But no, native Buddhists have always remained the same regardless of any occupation back then, be it the Singphos who were the guardians of the Patkai or our Khampti Buddhist brothers. Barua Buddhists were the product of growing intolerance in East Pakistan and BD.
No the Baruas were not targeted in East Pakistan. They went to India as refugees during 1971 war.

My grandma told me that Hindus somewhat were persecuted however the Pakistan government did not mostly care about Buddhists or Christians.

Pakistan particularly treated the Chakma and Marma better than Bengalis because they supported the insurgency in India. These people also had separate quota in universities and jobs.

images (1).jpeg

This is Chakma king Tridiv Roy with Zulfiqur Ali Bhutto.

Hindus were treated badly in East Pakistan because of rivalry with India.

Buddhists and Christians were simply left alone because no one cares about them back then.

Pakistan particularly treated the Chakma and Marma
You know the difference between the Chakmas and the Marmas better than any other BD i suppose. Tridev Roy was just a puppet, he didn't enjoy any meaningful support from his so called subjects. Chakmas had more in common with us than the Bengalis, and the Bangladeshi muslims persecuted them for it. Please be reminded that they raised the Indian Tricolour post independence and your government never forgave them subsequently.
No the Baruas were not targeted in East Pakistan. They went to India as refugees during 1971 war.
Tbh i don't know if they were persecuted or not, will take your word for it. Whom did they support btw- Pak or Ind/BD? And if they were not persecuted, what led them come to Assam and other Eastern Indian states in numbers? Just curious to know..

You know the difference between the Chakmas and the Marmas better than any other BD i suppose. Tridev Roy was just a puppet, he didn't enjoy any meaningful support from his so called subjects. Chakmas had more in common with us than the Bengalis, and the Bangladeshi muslims persecuted them for it. Please be reminded that they raised the Indian Tricolour post independence and your government never forgave them subsequently.

Tbh i don't know if they were persecuted or not, will take your word for it. Whom did they support btw- Pak or Ind/BD? And if they were not persecuted, what led them come to Assam and other Eastern Indian states in numbers? Just curious to know..
I told this hundred times now. Some Baruas went to Assam as refugees during 1971 war. Not just baruas many muslims, hindus also went there.

Also there were no Bengali-Chakma riots or violence before 1978. Violence in CHT spread after Ziaur Rahman brought Bengalis in the hill tracts.

IMG_20200623_011138.jpg

Did Israel really sell tanks to Myanmar? Why didn't the Tatmadaw say anything regarding this?

@Aung Zaya @tarpitz @Aung Zaya @Tagaung

I told this hundred times now. Some Baruas went to Assam as refugees during 1971 war.
Take it from me that many Bengali Buddhists came after 1971 also, and i say it authoritatively without any malice. You are a part of our family.
Also there were no Bengali-Chakma riots or violence before 1978. Violence in CHT spread after Ziaur Rahman brought Bengalis in the hill tracts.
Nope, that poison was sown long ago dating back to the time of the commissioning of the Kaptai Dam.

Settling of Bengali muslims on their ancestral land drove the final nail in the coffin.

Is it possible for you to raise your voice for your Buddhist counterparts?

Back
Top Bottom