What's new

Myanmar Defence Forum

Take it from me that many Bengali Buddhists came after 1971 also, and i say it authoritatively without any malice. You are a part of our family.

Nope, that poison was sown long ago dating back to the time of the commissioning of the Kaptai Dam.

Settling of Bengali muslims on their ancestral land drove the final nail in the coffin.

Is it possible for you to raise your voice for your Buddhist counterparts?
I don't want to discuss with you about this further because you won't accept my views. You are too stubborn.

I don't want to discuss with you about this further because you won't accept my views. You are too stubborn.
I understand.. But please elaborate some more about the supposed disagreement, because so far as i am concerned, we seemed to be on the same page.

I understand.. But please elaborate some more about the supposed disagreement, because so far as i am concerned, we seemed to be on the same page.
Listen I am just 24 years old and I cannot tell you what happened before 1971 so don't ask me.

As far as situation in the 1980s and 1990s are concerned there was no persecution of Tribals in the Hill tracts. What was there was ethnic violence. Just like Afro American vs White violence in Europe and USA.

Bengalis at times killed Chakma tribal, and Shanti Bahini at times killed Bengalis and army personnel.

But seriously dude those were 30 years back. Now there is no violence. Tribals are coming to Dhaka and other parts of Bangladesh in bulk and are working and living a normal life.

The violence you are talking about happened long time back. Now there is no violence.

How is Navy ships construction going on ? are they on hold due to the corona virus ?

:D:D:D:D:D:D

Ship building is still ongoing.
The impact of virus is relatively light in MM with less than 300 positive cases and only 6 death.
Within the military only one local case so far.
5 officers were tested posive in Russia.
And 5 officers and OR, returnees from India, were also tested positive.
Nothing serious.
But there may be some delays in weapons installations due to the restrictions of entry visa for foreign experts as a precaution.
The rest are going well.

Ship building is still ongoing.
The impact of virus is relatively light in MM with less than 300 positive cases and only 6 death.
Within the military only one local case so far.
5 officers were tested posive in Russia.
And 5 officers and OR, returnees from India, were also tested positive.
Nothing serious.
But there may be some delays in weapons installations due to the restrictions of entry visa for foreign experts as a precaution.
The rest are going well.
So what is the upcoming commissing or delivery of navel ships ?

So what is the upcoming commissing or delivery of navel ships ?
commissioning ceremony are put on hold due to the virus.

Ships ready to be commissioned are 2 x 67 meter ASW coevettes, 1/2 x 49 meter FAC(missile), some LCUs and LCMs and Kilo sub from India.

Ships ready to be launched are 135 meter frigate and 89 meter OPV.

commissioning ceremony are put on hold due to the virus.

Ships ready to be commissioned are 2 x 67 meter ASW coevettes, 1/2 x 49 meter FAC(missile), some LCUs and LCMs and Kilo sub from India.

Ships ready to be launched are 135 meter frigate and 89 meter OPV.
When this frigate suppose to be ready for commissoned ?

Did Israel really sell tanks to Myanmar? Why didn't the Tatmadaw say anything regarding this?

These are not tanks. Some 150 x EE 9 Cascaval (6x6) and 100 x AML 90 (4x4) scout vehicle both uses the same turret with 90 mm cannon.

Israeli modifications of EE 9 and AML 90 include the muzzle brake and recoil brake to fire APFSDS ammunition, night vision devices and laser range finders.

MM use both EE 9 and AML 90 as scout and anti tank role.

With APFSDS, 90 mm cannon of these vehicles can knock out some Russian and Chinese medium tank.

I would rather love to see Myanmar air force getting TOT for JF-17 and producing them in bulk instead of buying SU-30. SU-30 is expensive.

Su 30 is expensive but we need at least 18 Multi Role fighters.
ToT should be considered only if you are intended to mass produce.
As MAF requirements are just 18-24 JF 17, ToT is not an optimal choice.
With current budget MAF cannot maitain a large airforce.
60-70 fighters with 80% serviceability rate is the MAF's aim.

Back
Top Bottom