What's new

MY TRUE PATRIOTISM OR MY EXTREME FOOLISHNESS?

javedm

Reaction score
MY PATRIOTISM OR MY FOOLISHNESSBy Javed – 12 May 2007

I am retired. My family is a frequent flyer. During last 24 years except for one on death of a relative I have never used anyother airline except PIA. Due to my Due to my Department much cheaper with more free bagge allowance other airlines of repute were available but I always preferred national carrier. My belief is PIA still is one of the best operationally but its reservation is always a headachage. My this attachment with PIA was on my same theology due to which ever after 25 years, 18 years as an officer in Pakistan, startng from Pakistan’s most lucrative income tax department, I am still homeless due to my foolish theology of Rozq-e-Hilan over which some time in this old age I feel regret. PIA has only once a week flight which reaches 04.00 am the most dangerous time for travel towards city. One other airline has daily flight some touching Karachi daytime. Even then my preference always is PIA.

I was due for my operation on Monday 14 May in Karachi. The date was given to me specially knowing the gracity of my condition. On 2nd May I approached PIA Bahrain for reservation where I got it despite 5 continous days the System was still down. The people were being divered to private travel agents. 3rd May early morning in writing I seeked the help of Mr. Zafar A. Khan the new Chairman and Chief Executive who according to a TV channel was saluted on his new post by 8 flat tyres of one single flight. Thursday 10the evening till 1730 hrs I was desparately waiting in PIA Bahrain for a ticket failing which I obtained ticket for next flight on 17 May. What about my operation appointment I do not know.

December 2006 when my family was to travel Bahrain/Karachi reservation was refused that flight was heavily booked. Knowing well seats were still available I faxed PIA to confirm when within few hours seats were made available to me. January 2007 my daughter was to travel Karachi/Bahrain when for a month her name remained on waiting list. Knowing well bogus bookings were there when I addressed PIA very next day the seat was confirmed. In November 2006 I had thrice to visit Karachi PIA as I was continuously on waiting list. In the wide body flight (perhaps airbus) there were only 17 passengers in the economy class and I was wonder would any other airline take off with this number of passengers. PIA Head Office promised to investigate but tactfully time is being killed. The other day my friend told me he had to struggle a lot but in Lahore/Bahrain flight more than a dozen seats were vacant. Lahore High Court Judges and Federal Ombudsman some years back took suo moto notice when they saw people waiting at airport inside the plane there were seats available.

PIA flight to Bahrain is a shuttle flight initiating from Karachi to Bahrain as PK-281 and at Bahrain changing its number as PK-282 goes to Dhoa and then ti Karachi. On 10th PIA Bahrain had 22 seats confirmed rest including myself on waiting list. On arrival from Karachi, 40 passengers at Bahrain were to disembark thus 18 waiting list passengers could had been well in advance confirmed. No senior at PIA Bahrain and PIA Reservation Control at Karachi had the time to hourly monitor and update the reservation status as everybody;s job is secured and behind everyone stands a poltical might. Till this Sunday 13th May PIA Chairman has not felt his moral duty at least acknowledge me.

Friday 11 Gulf Air flight was there to take me to Karachi to meet my operation date but here again my crazy patriotism struck me and I preferred ti avail next weeks” flight of national airline risking my medical condition deteriorating with each passing day. His Excellency General Musharraf claims he has too much care for workers abroad and has reformed the administrative system. My above suffering is a self speaking proof.

Seeing the treatment of the Airline with a very long patronaging customer and that of it gives to “free loaders”, and more particularly feeling the my pain having increased in these three days I wonder if really it is my patriotism or my shere foolishne.

Ditto or some time even worse is the attitude of these Air India staff.
Just for you people, it took 25 hours for me to reach Dammam from Delhi, on my last flight back to office. I was stranded on IGI airport for almost a full day! Then they landed in Dubai, citing weather conditions in Dammam for another three hours!
I am not alone in the list of complainers. All indians here suffer from AI, as there is no other Indian alternative.
Kashif

Kashif, there are literally at least a dozen private airlines, from the most expensive and exquisite ones to the low cost carriers. You can choose from any one of them !!

And AI-IA are being merged, expect things to get better.

Are you the same Javed who wrote this letter. I read this in the newspapers Letters to the editor section too.

MY PATRIOTISM OR MY FOOLISHNESSBy Javed – 12 May 2007

I am retired. My family is a frequent flyer. During last 24 years except for one on death of a relative I have never used anyother airline except PIA. Due to my Due to my Department much cheaper with more free bagge allowance other airlines of repute were available but I always preferred national carrier. My belief is PIA still is one of the best operationally but its reservation is always a headachage. My this attachment with PIA was on my same theology due to which ever after 25 years, 18 years as an officer in Pakistan, startng from Pakistan’s most lucrative income tax department, I am still homeless due to my foolish theology of Rozq-e-Hilan over which some time in this old age I feel regret. PIA has only once a week flight which reaches 04.00 am the most dangerous time for travel towards city. One other airline has daily flight some touching Karachi daytime. Even then my preference always is PIA.

I was due for my operation on Monday 14 May in Karachi. The date was given to me specially knowing the gracity of my condition. On 2nd May I approached PIA Bahrain for reservation where I got it despite 5 continous days the System was still down. The people were being divered to private travel agents. 3rd May early morning in writing I seeked the help of Mr. Zafar A. Khan the new Chairman and Chief Executive who according to a TV channel was saluted on his new post by 8 flat tyres of one single flight. Thursday 10the evening till 1730 hrs I was desparately waiting in PIA Bahrain for a ticket failing which I obtained ticket for next flight on 17 May. What about my operation appointment I do not know.

December 2006 when my family was to travel Bahrain/Karachi reservation was refused that flight was heavily booked. Knowing well seats were still available I faxed PIA to confirm when within few hours seats were made available to me. January 2007 my daughter was to travel Karachi/Bahrain when for a month her name remained on waiting list. Knowing well bogus bookings were there when I addressed PIA very next day the seat was confirmed. In November 2006 I had thrice to visit Karachi PIA as I was continuously on waiting list. In the wide body flight (perhaps airbus) there were only 17 passengers in the economy class and I was wonder would any other airline take off with this number of passengers. PIA Head Office promised to investigate but tactfully time is being killed. The other day my friend told me he had to struggle a lot but in Lahore/Bahrain flight more than a dozen seats were vacant. Lahore High Court Judges and Federal Ombudsman some years back took suo moto notice when they saw people waiting at airport inside the plane there were seats available.

PIA flight to Bahrain is a shuttle flight initiating from Karachi to Bahrain as PK-281 and at Bahrain changing its number as PK-282 goes to Dhoa and then ti Karachi. On 10th PIA Bahrain had 22 seats confirmed rest including myself on waiting list. On arrival from Karachi, 40 passengers at Bahrain were to disembark thus 18 waiting list passengers could had been well in advance confirmed. No senior at PIA Bahrain and PIA Reservation Control at Karachi had the time to hourly monitor and update the reservation status as everybody;s job is secured and behind everyone stands a poltical might. Till this Sunday 13th May PIA Chairman has not felt his moral duty at least acknowledge me.

Friday 11 Gulf Air flight was there to take me to Karachi to meet my operation date but here again my crazy patriotism struck me and I preferred ti avail next weeks” flight of national airline risking my medical condition deteriorating with each passing day. His Excellency General Musharraf claims he has too much care for workers abroad and has reformed the administrative system. My above suffering is a self speaking proof.

Seeing the treatment of the Airline with a very long patronaging customer and that of it gives to “free loaders”, and more particularly feeling the my pain having increased in these three days I wonder if really it is my patriotism or my shere foolishne.

Dear Brother.
AsSalam oAlaikum
I am saddened to hear of your plight. However I have afew obsertvations which I would most humbly like to share with you.
A Your observations and regrets about wanting to earn Rizq E Halal are undrstandable and applaudable. Allah(SWT) tests his people and these may be part of the tests for your steadfastness. May Allah (SWT) keep you steadfast forever and give you your just reward which would be eternal(Insha Allah).
B. Your observations about PIA are true and shared by a lot of us. Like Brother Kashifs post it is not unknown in airlines like PIA and IA who rely on patronage. Having suffered at the hand of PIA though not as badly as you, I have reluctantly decided to abandon my approach and fly with other airlines,especially if you have papointments to keep. I think this is a protest on our part and if things do not work out the way we want them to , we dont have any obligation to go on spending our money to continuously support incompetance.
I hope it answers some of your questions.
WaSalam
Araz

well, from my personal experience i have travelled flow PIA only one to karachi and sadly it is a experience i still regret.

I called them to give me a bottle of water because when i fly i dehydraate reapidly due to anxiety in close spaces, but guess what they dont me. "we dont have any" i was like WTF?!!!!

i was so pissed fortunatley there was this old man who gave me his bottle of water. i was so thankful.

this is why i only fly thai or cathy pacific.

Well i guess all national airlines in S asia sucks, well except for Lanka.

well, from my personal experience i have travelled flow PIA only one to karachi and sadly it is a experience i still regret.

I called them to give me a bottle of water because when i fly i dehydraate reapidly due to anxiety in close spaces, but guess what they dont me. "we dont have any" i was like WTF?!!!!

i was so pissed fortunatley there was this old man who gave me his bottle of water. i was so thankful.

this is why i only fly thai or cathy pacific.

There is a flip side. I flew PIA once and both ways the service was excellent. The over-fed us and served us drinks throughout the trip (I flew the P class, but do not think that there is a big difference between the P or the Economy class).

i dont like to fly with PIA there male staff is very unproffessional.
they try to chat you up.

There is a flip side. I flew PIA once and both ways the service was excellent. The over-fed us and served us drinks throughout the trip (I flew the P class, but do not think that there is a big difference between the P or the Economy class).

Like many other airlines PIA too has introduced two different kinds of economy class, one which has smaller seats and paid services except for the meals and the P class which requires a little supplementary surcharge and all services are included.
The seats are a little more comfortable.

Like many other airlines PIA too has introduced two different kinds of economy class, one which has smaller seats and paid services except for the meals and the P class which requires a little supplementary surcharge and all services are included.
The seats are a little more comfortable.

i didnt know that
yeah but neo how do you know you are from nether lands. do you come to pakistan a lot.?isalmabad.

Back
Top Bottom