What's new

My PAK-FA analysis

FGFA will be the only fighter which can throw a challenge to the F-22. Now PLAAF and PAF dont have any fighter to match SU-30MKI or future MRCA but FGFA will be a new addition all together. FGFA along with sophisticated radars like LLTR, Rohini, LRTR, Aerostat, AWACS, LLLTWR etc, air defence systems like Akash, SPYDER, Maitri, Barak-NG and satellites will make impenetrable area. I guess by 2015 India will have the best in Asia.

FGFA will bring a new era to Asia.

Ok don't bring out the champagne just yet.. 2015 is way to early. 5 years from now.. don't think so ..

Ok don't bring out the champagne just yet.. 2015 is way to early. 5 years from now.. don't think so ..
:rofl:
lol Russia and USA had hard time to develop a true fifth generation fighter! Europe with joint effort yet to induct fully capable 4th generation + fighter Eurofighter Trance 3!

Now on the earth who else will develop a counter to F-22 or PAK FA in the next 20 years?? Stop dreaming. :woot:

:rofl:
lol Russia and USA had hard time to develop a true fifth generation fighter! Europe with joint effort yet to induct fully capable 4th generation + fighter Eurofighter Trance 3!

Now on the earth who else will develop a counter to F-22 or PAK FA in the next 20 years?? Stop dreaming. :woot:

ok you lost me there.... why am i dreaming again?

FGFA will be the only fighter which can throw a challenge to the F-22. Now PLAAF and PAF dont have any fighter to match SU-30MKI or future MRCA but FGFA will be a new addition all together. FGFA along with sophisticated radars like LLTR, Rohini, LRTR, Aerostat, AWACS, LLLTWR etc, air defence systems like Akash, SPYDER, Maitri, Barak-NG and satellites will make impenetrable area. I guess by 2015 India will have the best in Asia.

FGFA will bring a new era to Asia.

India wants a 2 seat T-50 variant. Which means a prototype still has to be built. I wouldn't look to see a production Indian T-50 till around 2025. Unless they decide to go with the Russian variant. Which if they are smart they will. Even then don't expect a Russian production model till 2020. Even if they are able to shave a couple years off production time to 2018 or so. That is still a long ways away in terms of technology advancements.

India wants a 2 seat T-50 variant. Which means a prototype still has to be built. I wouldn't look to see a production Indian T-50 till around 2025. Unless they decide to go with the Russian variant. Which if they are smart they will. Even then don't expect a Russian production model till 2020. Even if they are able to shave a couple years off production time to 2018 or so. That is still a long ways away in terms of technology advancements.

There are two varients ie PAK FA and FGFA.

PAK FA will enter service in 2015 and India will induct 50 of them. While FGFA will enter service in 2017 and India will buy 200 of them with options to buy more.

From where did you got 2025? :what:

PAK FA will enter service in 2015 and India will induct 50 of them. While FGFA will enter service in 2017 and India will buy 200 of them with options to buy more.

I understand the official Government line is 2015/2017. Aviation experts believe it will take longer. Also since the PAK-FA changed to T-50. The 2 seat version is known as the T-50UB.

I recommend this link for everyone to read. it goes into nice detail.

Aviation Week - T-50 (PAK-FA)

Moscow Times - T-50

"military analysts say commercial production is still at least eight years off."

Defence Aviation - India, Russia to launch Su-PAKFA by the end of 2009

"Konstantin Makiyenko, deputy head of the Moscow-based Centre for Analysis of Strategies and Technologies said that “even with delays”, the plane would likely make its first flight by January or February, adding that there could be at least 10 years between the first flight and commercial production."

No I don't know how wide the margin is, I wish I did. I am speculating there is hope for about 40-50 nm as the current IRST sensors on the SU-35 /Mig-35/EF2000 are rumored to be be able to track a fighter sized plane from about 30nm head on and almost 50nm from rear. These are traditional IRST. a QWIP such system can be optimized for up to 15 micron band detection ranges and tuned to particular spectrum colors, meaning it can be searching and tracking engine plumes, profile temp differential, and missile launch flares, it that materialises, then yes..about 40-50nm head on detection and tracking can be achieved, and it could cue in IR guidance and mid course guidance missiles launced from the T-50.
If the missiles carried by the T-50 are ramjet powered then combined with supercruise there is no launch flare and plume.. which means no warning for the other plane. It looks like the PAK-FA will have two (2) such sensors front and aft of the cockpit.. so perhaps , just perhaps the designers are tryiing something else ..

The program objective for Tacit Blue was 10 Km, why do you assume the Raptor will be any worse? PAK-FA's IRST can't be any better than PIRATE?

Just aft of the cockpit canopy on the T-50 there is a small hump that looks like a second IRST sensor but could not find any more info.

Was it just extra instrumentation or is it where a second IRST sensor will be placed .. that is what I am currently try to look at..
Looks like a wart to me, or may be a pimple. Should be biopsied to see if it is malignant.

my guess is that is his guesstimation.
and then from where you got the 2015/2017 stuff? not your guesstimation? :what:

MEANWHILE........

PAK FA has successfully completed the second flight

Fifth-generation fighter T-50, also known as a promising frontline aviation aircraft complex (PAK FA), performed the second test flight, reports "Interfax" referring to the representatives of the military-industrial complex.

Flight tests of the fighter he told, were held on Friday, February 12, at the aerodrome of Komsomolsk-on-Amur Aircraft Production Association (KnAAPO). В воздухе истребитель пробыл 57 минут. The air fighter spent 57 minutes.
Before the second flight of the T-50 was painted in the colors of the Air Force Russia - gray and white camouflage broken:cheesy:

At the airport KnAAPO planned to perform a few more flights PAK FA, then the fighter moves to Zhukovsky near Moscow, where will the bulk of its flight tests.. Fighting quality fighter, told the agency's interlocutor, the State will be tested in flight test center of the Defense Ministry in Akhtubinsk.
First flight PAK FA as developed by the OKB Sukhoi "deals with the 1990's, made 29 January 2010 and from the airport KnAAPO. . Then the fighter held in the air 47 minutes.
Specifications fifth-generation fighter T-50 still kept secret.. Reported only that he can take off and landing on runways length of 300-400 meters, will be able to perform combat missions in any weather and time of day, and will differ maneuverability.

. It is expected that the Defense Ministry will PAK FA, already in 2015, but did not specify on how many fighters in question.

Last edited:
The program objective for Tacit Blue was 10 Km, why do you assume the Raptor will be any worse? PAK-FA's IRST can't be any better than PIRATE?

Well , the new sensors on T-50 are suposed to be new(er) generation than the pirate.

my guess is that is his guesstimation.
and then from where you got the 2015/2017 stuff? not your guesstimation? :what:

No it is not any 'guesstimation'. Just google about PAK FA you will get tons of news sources about 2015/17. :sniper:

Pirate has 90 km range againt 4th generation fighters. While SU-35's OLS-35 probably detects Raptor on 100 km distance. PAK FA's OLS-50 will much better. Russians have done much R&D on IRST.

Back
Top Bottom