What's new

My own sketch of ancient Chinese soldiers

thank you for your encuragement, I will try my best to find spare time to draw

Thanks a lot friend.... In this fast world where everyone runs behind there careers its good to know atleast there are some who give importance and find time for such things.... Keep it up.... And dont forget, draw and upload...

the helmet looks like mid and late ming era, and the body armor looks like early ming era
The Central Asian style helmet first became popular during Yuan dynasty, but were relatively plain. It remained popular throughout Ming dynasty (even though other styles of helmets were also widely used), but became increasingly ornate. Qing helmets were a modification of this Yuan & Ming lineage.
I'm partial to the cataphracti of Tabgach Wei, Liao, Song, & Jurchen Jin, simply because of the intricacy of their gears. As devastating as the Yuan light cavalry was, I find their minimalist outfits somewhat boring.

The Central Asian style helmet first became popular during Yuan dynasty, but were relatively plain. It remained popular throughout Ming dynasty (even though other styles of helmets were also widely used), but became increasingly ornate. Qing helmets were a modification of this Yuan & Ming lineage.
I'm partial to the cataphracti of Tabgach Wei, Liao, Song, & Jurchen Jin, simply because of the intricacy of their gears. As devastating as the Yuan light cavalry was, I find their minimalist outfits somewhat boring.

Mongols employed heavy cavalry as well. They are just not as well known as the light cavalry.

NIce pictures as another user said keep them coming man. Excellent work.

Back
Top Bottom