What's new

My name is Pakistan and I’m not an Arab

Dude i cannot do anything for your personal judgement or assumption. Whatever i said about hijab was not my personal opinion but it is opinion of most scholars and expert of Islamic jurisprudence . You can follow your personal logic and i don't have any problem with it but for your kind information hijab is not just covering your head and exposing your chest.. Read what is hijab before jumping towards conclusion

Hijab is not a piece of cloth on your head | Farhat Hashmi

Just because some of the sisters have their head covered, they think that the requirement of Hijaab is fulfilled. They don’t realize that wearing a Hijaab requires much more than just covering your head.

Actually, if you think about it, Hijaab is the way you talk…..the way you walk….the very way you carry yourself. In fact, Hijaab is an attitude in itself. Its a whole way of life.
Allaah says:
“And say to the believing women to lower their gazes, and to guard their private parts, and not to display their beauty (zeenah) except what is apparent of it, and to extend their headcoverings (khimars) to cover their bosoms (jaybs), and not to display their beauty except to their husbands, or their fathers, or their husband’s fathers, or their sons, or their husband’s sons, or their brothers, or their brothers’ sons, or their sisters’ sons, or their womenfolk, or what their right hands rule (slaves), or the followers from the men who do not feel sexual desire, or the small children to whom the nakedness of women is not apparent, and not to strike their feet (on the ground) so as to make known what they hide of their adornments. And turn in repentance to Allah together, O you believers, in order that you are successful.” (Surat-un-Nur: 31).

If you look carefully at the ayah, it clearly states that the head covers (khumur) should be drawn over the neck slits (juyoob). Khumur is the plural of the Arabic word “khimar” which means a headcover. Juyoob is the plural of the Arabic word “jaiyb”, which refers to the neck slit (of the dress).

Yet, some sisters just cover their head with something, and think they are fulfilling the rights of Hijaab, although part of their hair or body is showing, or their whole neck and chest area are exposed. Actually, that was the way of the women of Jahilliyah.
Al-Qurtubi said: “Women in those days used to cover their heads with the khimar, throwing its ends upon their backs. This left the neck and the upper part of the chest bare, along with the ears. Then Allah commanded them to cover those parts with the khimar.”

So secure the scarf well around your face, covering your neck/chest area, and keep those half sleeves and capri pants for your Mahrams

Sorry.…tight jeans and short shirt just don’t cut it
You can’t wear tight jeans and a short shirt with a piece of cloth on your head and think this is Hijaab. Nor can you wear anything else that is tight, describing the shape of the body in any way, even if it is long. The Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) said:
“In later (generations) of my ummah there will be women who will be dressed but naked. On top of their heads (what looks) like camel humps. They will not enter into paradise or (even) get a smell of it.” (Muslim)

You're only proving my point, people are going to jahilliya by wearing a headscarf along with push up bras and errthing and claiming (like the people of jahilliya did) that this is what our forefathers and 'ulema' told us (i.e. like you are now)

You don't read the Quran or rather recite the Quran in English, you read the translation of the Quran in English.
That is what i said/implied.

As RangerPK and Oscar have said, Yankees wearing ponchos and incorporating Spanish, us speaking English and wearing their clothes, Indians doing the same, and all that doesn't translate to a cultural invasion, but Arab culture is somehow invading us!

Spanish is a European (and thus Western) language of the Latin group of Languages.

Secondly, coming to your other point, it all depends on which one is causing the suicide bombings, the mosques being blown up, targeting of religious minorities, sectarian violence, beheadings, blowing up of schools, suicide attacks on universities etc.

None of this was happening to us before 1970'- early to mid 1980's. So this is a clear invasion.

Regarding "Western cultural invasion", i'm afraid that was taking place since the time of the British rule when they introduced railroads/locomotives, electricity, telephones, airplanes, running water, automobiles, factories and industries, various engines, etc to our region.

The very computers that we're all using were invented not by a Pakistani or an Arab, but by Westerners, and thus are a integral part of Western culture.

In fact, its suffice to say that almost everything that forms the basis for a modern functional society can trace its origins in the West.

Some people try and portray themselves as very balanced people and blame other people for being bigoted against the West, but deep down, those people themselves are bigoted against the Arabs.

I never said anything against neither the Arabs nor the West in any of my previous posts on this thread if you're implying otherwise.

Just like Developereo said, one is a religious fanatic, other is a liberal extremist.

And exactly who's fault is it that Pakistanis choose the two extremes rather than the middle path?

Do you see the Irony in your post? I think it is an Irony we all experience. English is Not our native language, it is foreign to us, but we have accepted it, yet we seem reluctant to accept Arabic because it is a foreign language?

The irony.

Perhaps its to do with the cultural imprint the British colonials left upon our society. The founding fathers of our Nation spoke English and were fluent in that language.

Epic post-
Such people are hypocrites-

Not sure if you directed this at me, if so, then do explain the "hypocrisy" in my post(s).

Wo.. those are strong words . My intentions were nothing like that. I was merely pointing out the irony we experience, because I can relate to desert foxes experiences and I admire his open mindedness towards foreign languages. I read the Quran in English because I can better understand it, but I am too lazy to learn Arabic..
@Desert Fox

I'm not sure if he understood the context of your post and he most likely resorted to indirectly calling me a hypocrite.

Learning to read/recite and write in Arabic after childhood isn't easy.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm probably gonna get hate for this but I don't care.Sure we share many similarities and history is history but Pakistan has been it's own country since 1947 and it's own people now and just being pakistani is enough -All you former imperialist shits can **** off days of caliphate/mughal/persian/afghan/British India are long gone.Pakistan doesn't need to validate itself by claiming to be of arab/afghan/persian/indian heritage or whatever :sick: all these people despise us anyway .
I am an equal opportunity hater I hate it when people think pakistan is in middle east just as much as if they think pakistanis are indians.

I'm probably gonna get hate for this but I don't care.Sure we share many similarities and history is history but Pakistan has been it's own country since 1947 and it's own people now and just being pakistani is enough -All you former imperialist shits can **** off days of caliphate/mughal/persian/afghan/British India are long gone.Pakistan doesn't need to validate itself by claiming to be of arab/afghan/persian/indian heritage or whatever :sick: all these people despise us anyway .
I am an equal opportunity hater I hate it when people think pakistan is in middle east just as much as if they think pakistanis are indians.

Ayyyyaaaiiiii - Bandaa hoo toii aisaa hooo ! :chilli:

Waisee dil kiii baaat kar diii aaap neii Khan Sahib ! :)

Culture, What to keep what to discard. Pakistan's dillema has always been , how to lead the muslim world when they are not quite close to the land where origin of islam lies. Now the arab land have maintained themselves to be the thekedaar's of Islam because of the location, and some pakistanis are out to become more arabic than arabs, hence this question is repeatedly asked about culture. For that first thing they need to do is shed their ties to anything Indian and persian. (especially kaffir hindu/buddhist stuff), where most of the origin of the subcontinent lies.

Hence the question usually voiced on the forum is, should is pakistan culturally closer to Arab's persian's Indian's. The more important question imight be is there even a need to answer such questions?

according to my understanding culture is acquired knowledge through lived experience that helps you to navigate in society you live in, it's fluid and it is absorbent, it has continuous osmosis with other individuals. So it is entirely possible for pakistan to blend which ever culture it's people chooses to, there is no need for government or the individuals to worry about hollywood movies, indian television, Arabic jihadists, or sufi saints. The aspects of each of the school of thought and its effects on the society that are in sync with the individuals sensibilities will stick, the rest will fade away. There is no need for anyone to artificially mold the pakistani culture closer to anyone by distorting or fabricating history.

Culture, What to keep what to discard. Pakistan's dillema has always been , how to lead the muslim world when they are not quite close to the land where origin of islam lies. Now the arab land have maintained themselves to be the thekedaar's of Islam because of the location, and some pakistanis are out to become more arabic than arabs, hence this question is repeatedly asked about culture. For that first thing they need to do is shed their ties to anything Indian and persian. (especially kaffir hindu/buddhist stuff), where most of the origin of the subcontinent lies.

Hence the question usually voiced on the forum is, should is pakistan culturally closer to Arab's persian's Indian's. The more important question imight be is there even a need to answer such questions?

according to my understanding culture is acquired knowledge through lived experience that helps you to navigate in society you live in, it's fluid and it is absorbent, it has continuous osmosis with other individuals. So it is entirely possible for pakistan to blend which ever culture it's people chooses to, there is no need for government or the individuals to worry about hollywood movies, indian television, Arabic jihadists, or sufi saints. The aspects of each of the school of thought and its effects on the society that are in sync with the individuals sensibilities will stick, the rest will fade away. There is no need for anyone to artificially mold the pakistani culture closer to anyone by distorting or fabricating history.

This is an internal matter of Pakistan, its non of your business. These Indians are obsessed with Pakistan...lol

This is an internal matter of Pakistan, its non of your business. These Indians are obsessed with Pakistan...lol

Just a viewpoint... nothing offensive in it, unless you are pro-doctoring the history to suit your objectives.

Back
Top Bottom