What's new

My interesting trip to the US

hey..u didnt give me any credit...it was MY camera u took those pics with...heck i took some of those pics...

we're in the same boat :)

i also made the move. In D.C. which some of the locals jokingly call the ''district of corruption''

started business school 2 weeks ago, working on attaining MBA. And yes --the weather is lovely. Nights are a bit on the chilly side. People are quite friendly; some seeking answers or asking opinions on Pakistani affairs. Will do my best to give a true, un-distorted view on Pakistan and the geo-politics concerned. I guess we can all individually make a difference and undo years of being brain-washed by New York Slimes and internet propaganda

it's nice that people are interested in getting my perpsective on the issues...not at dogmatic or stubborn that I thought some of them might be --in the face of generally poor press coverage

Last edited:

i also made the move. In D.C. which some of the locals jokingly call the ''district of corruption''

started business school 2 weeks ago, working on attaining MBA. And yes --the weather is lovely. Nights are a bit on the chilly side. People are quite friendly; some seeking answers or asking opinions on Pakistani affairs. Will do my best to give a true, un-distorted view on Pakistan and the geo-politics concerned. I guess we can all individually make a difference and undue years of being brain-washed by New York Slimes and internet propaganda

Very true.. but dont let any of DC folks see your Designation on the Defence.pk :rofl:

Asim went to US 4 years ago..............Check the date.....

Anyway its always good to see family together......I miss mine :(

started business school 2 weeks ago, working on attaining MBA. And yes --the weather is lovely. Nights are a bit on the chilly side. People are quite friendly; some seeking answers or asking opinions on Pakistani affairs. Will do my best to give a true, un-distorted view on Pakistan and the geo-politics concerned. I guess we can all individually make a difference and undo years of being brain-washed by New York Slimes and internet propaganda

it's nice that people are interested in getting my perpsective on the issues...not at dogmatic or stubborn that I thought some of them might be --in the face of generally poor press coverage

Good luck in school, AZ. If you get a chance, you MUST tour the Southern U.S. (friendliest people anywhere) and then press on to points west... Some of the National Parks are spectacular of you get tired of people. The Pacific Northwest is special.

will do Chogy.....actually, I really want to go to Florida!

Florida is... "special", and full of unique people. It is a combination of retirees, Cuban immigrants, beach bunnies, and other colorful groups. I'm sure you will enjoy it if you visit, but they are not representative of America in general.

The Sunshine skyway which connects Southern Florida to the Florida keys is a spectacular drive.

Watch out for the giant Burmese pythons in the Everglades, a swampy area which covers the most of South Florida! People released them when they got too big, and are now breeding out of control.

Enjoy! :cheers:

Will go US in 2012 :P
I am sure i will enjoy a lot there :)

Watch out for the giant Burmese pythons in the Everglades, a swampy area which covers the most of South Florida! People released them when they got too big, and are now breeding out of control.

Enjoy! :cheers:

You mean the gator eaters? Shudders.

Texas is also a great place to visit if you are into fishing. Bass, catfish, strawberry bass, sunfish, carp ... you name it. If you are lucky sometimes you can land 10-20 striped bass in one night (over limit though so you'd better return some). If you are interested in some good old seaside fishing I'd suggest Corpus Christi. The beaches are so beautiful and you can land snappers and drums even during the middle of the day.

Any of you visited Boston before? A lot of people complain about snow, but somehow I like it even after 5 years of living here. I am currently looking forward to the first snow this year. Any body out there who likes snow?

Back
Top Bottom