u sure about that????

i remember a thread where a german was praising Pakistanis
and the Pakistanis were like
za4.gif

so,i think you guys do give a fcuk about how others see you
icare.gif

Less clothes leaves less for the imagination my young friend. :D

Why make everything so easy?
baat to sahi hai, magar kya karoon , meri chashme ki power thori kamzor hai , bus bhai , jo dekh jaye gareeb ko ,
woh kha liya :D

Last edited:
What a ridiculous anti-Pakistan rant.

Half of it doesn't even make any sense. The last paragraph is almost completely nonsensical.

An American in Lahore: Pakistan saved me
By Elisa Dun
10340-bpPakistanAFP-1329908945-117-640x480.jpg

I cannot readily and honestly answer that coming to Pakistan drastically changed my opinion of the country—you see, it was never negative in the first place. PHOTO: AFP

10340-IMG_-1329915646-924-160x120.JPG
10340-IMG_-1329915556-908-160x120.JPG
10340-IMG_-1329915537-337-160x120.JPG
10340-IMG_-1329915513-634-160x120.JPG
10340-bpPakistanAFP-1329908945-117-160x120.jpg

About a year and a half ago, I made the decision to move to Pakistan. Since then, perhaps the most popular question my local friends ask is, “Were you scared to come to Pakistan, because you thought we were all terrorists like the Western media portraysus?”

Honestly, no, I was not, and I did not. Even before coming to Pakistan, I found the notion that all 180 million people residing in Pakistan, the sixth most populous nation in the world, were terrorists or had extremist tendencies completely ridiculous. I figured that, as in every country, Pakistan had people from all walks of life with different creeds, hopes and dreams, opinions, and lifestyles.

So, in that sense, coming to Pakistan did not significantly alter my perception of the country.

What coming to Pakistan did for me, though, was much, much more: it changed my outlook on life and on myself—and for the better. In short, it made me a better person.

For example, before coming to Pakistan, I was a very anxious person—always worried about the little things that could go wrong each day. To avoid these, I planned each day down to the minute: at eight fifteen and not a minute later, I would wake up; at exactly eight twenty, I would shower and be done by exactly eight thirty-five, and the list went on until bedtime, at which point I would plan the next day. It was exhausting, but I felt I had to do it.

It is easy to lead this kind of lifestyle in the US, as we are a nation that tends to keep planners, schedule meetings and strive to always be prompt. But, it was not necessarily the best lifestyle for me: I grew anxious easily, especially if things went a little off schedule, and at the mere age of twenty-three, I was diagnosed with all kinds of health problems.

Pakistani society tends to be a little more lenient with time. Meeting a colleague “at two o’clock” often means leaving one’s home at two to head to the meeting (as opposed to arriving at two). I found that almost everything here is at least a little late, from PIA flights to the rail garee to business meetings. More than once I received a text from a friend saying that he/she was held up and would arrive later than our scheduled meeting time.

At first, I hated this attitude towards time. It was so incompatible with beliefs I grew up with—that stress paired with hard work and strict punctuality were necessary ingredients for success. How could anything get done in this country, I asked myself in frustration.

But, you know what I soon learned? Everything hojaygah. Everything somehow falls into place in Pakistan. PIA flights take off, rail garee’s arrive, friends meet, and business projects succeed.

As time went by, I also learned that things often run better with less scheduling, with less planning for what-if’s that rarely materialize, and with less worrying. Thus, I began adopting what I call the “hojayagah” attitude: fretting less and having more faith that everything will work out.

And, this is exactly what I love about this country: people here do work hard, but they also stress less. Things do get done, but on their own time. In the meantime, araam say. Fiker na karo. Hojaygah.

I recently visited three of my doctors in the US, and reports show that my health problems have either stabilized or gotten significantly better. How? Simple. Since coming to Pakistan, I have learned to stress less and enjoy life more. But, that is not to say I was not productive this past year: working with my Pakistani colleagues, I successfully completed many projects and so have quite a bit to put on my resume. I just did it the hojaygah way this time.

So, to answer my friends’ questions: No. I cannot readily and honestly answer that coming to Pakistan drastically changed my opinion of the country—you see, it was never negative in the first place.

What I can say, though, and without even a moment of hesitation or doubt, is this: coming to Pakistan saved my life. I cannot even imagine what kind of anxiety-induced health problems I would have now, had it not been for my learning to live life the Pakistani way, the hojaygahway.

Last edited:
I don't know the article don't lie sort of you guys should re-read it, you know Pakistanis throws acids, says Allah ki Qasm and then sell your crap stuff whether shopkeeper or otherwise, people go to masjid when they come out they backbite and insult each other's parents and what not.

But this quality is also in westerners as well equally they say they believe in Jezus and then they are comfortable with mistress and alcohol sex n booze and insulting their book their churches their mothers daughters and their angraiz mullahs. I think the article is a Fail from the perspective that it also applies to westerners, to Pakistanis to hindustanis, to japanese and so on just blaming Pakistanis is plain hypocrisy the writer indirectly denies about west...

They evoke God but they do not follow true Islam; it is almost as if religion is the last resort and turning to God can alleviate all sins. They do not pray five times a day. I have seen this again and again and I do question their relationship to God, a relationship they use all the time. It seems almost ironic that one can praise God and lie at the same time at a minute’s notice. It is a phenomenon that I have observed during my four visits to Pakistan.

Oh, Yes and I suppose she is very God-fearing, we all know the true extent of how hollow the west is morally and ethically, they have no right to point a finger at us, I am not denying our own faults but they dont get to be angels as well....

First of all, every foreigner is a CIA agent. They do not have any concept of an academic who wants to learn and see how real Islam works and what it truly means. As a western, white woman one can be a novelty, a toy to play with and almost a showcase for some. At times, one can feel like a strange animal in a zoo: “Come take a look! She is dressed in our national clothing.” Until you scratch deeper, you never really see the truth and that is rather puzzling from the western point of view. Of course, you are their guest and, as a guest, you will receive a present as a way of being welcomed.

Hahahaha, I am guessing the writer is confusing us with our next door neighbors, there is no novelty in a white woman here in Pakistan, over 50 percent if the populace is fair colored and a huge population is fair enough to pass as Caucasian, this is not India.....

It is hard to compare this young generation, which wants so desperately to be western, to anything I have ever seen. They critique the west, especially the US, since its drones kill their people but, at the same time, they love western clothing, western music and slang, which they have learned from western movies. They do not have an understanding of slang, I will venture to say. “Nigger” seems to be in style and, on numerous occasions, I have tried to tell these youngsters that if they used this word they would offend not only black people but also most Americans. My words of caution usually fell on deaf ears. Then again, one has to be tolerant since many young people in Pakistan have never been to the west, and the west of the movies is so totally different from western culture.
In the movies, half naked or totally naked women run around happily showing their assets, but that is not the case in the ‘land of the pure’. Men are frustrated that they cannot have intimate relations any time they want. Sex is a taboo and, of course, it is done behind closed doors. At times, I wonder what their knowledge of sex is — it is so different from the way we view sex here. It seems to me that men here do not understand what a woman needs; how could they? They have never had sex education in school and they are taught that sex is the biggest sin in Islam. Many young women will pretend that they are virgins when it comes time for them to get married. The contrast with the way men treat their sisters and the women they sleep with is a paradox. One does not marry without a parent’s permission.
Now this part I couldnt get, we know of the epidemic of teen pregnancies in the west, I could go into more detail but I cant write the sick truth about some of the trends prevalent in the west, so lets leave it at that.....

Young men who in the west are considered to be grown up, act like teenagers here with the mentality to match. It is hard to believe that any one society could produce so many mentally crippled men. They are so afraid of their parents that the truth becomes a lie in the name of respect. For young people in Pakistan, the future is bleak: no promising jobs and no opportunities. Many young man do emigrate to seek them and a few of them are lucky enough to go. At times, I felt ashamed to be so privileged and have so much: the education, the trust of friends and no fear of the truth and the whole wide world open to me.
hahaha, now that is called ''respect'' not that I would expect any western a-hole to understand, unlike the west our familial fabric is still intact and we know what our limits are when it comes to dealing with our parents who have raised and nurtured us since we were little.....

Now a message for the OP @third eye quit posting articles form ''opinion section'' of websites, they are not authentic and anyone can write whatever they want, there is no way to verify if the writer has indeed traveled to any place near Pakistan or if she is regurgitating whatever the media has told her.....

Thats the only thing i agree with but the rest of the views are totally bul****

Well, almost all of it is pure BS, senseless rattling of a twisted mind. She probably did not get the attention that she desired and hence the spitting of all this venom.

With God, Bible, and Jesus in one breath and lies deceit and deception in the other breath---that is who a ??? is.

Nukes on Hiroshima, Nagasaki, Korean War, Vietnam War, Iraq War (WMDs???), Afghanistan War, millions died, tens of millions got crippled for ever.... rings some bell?

I don't think it should be a dick measuring context and specially in who is more bad and a hypocrite. Yes i agree with the above however, we should think about putting our house in order because they may be God, Bible and jesus in one breath and lies on the other however their house is perfectly in order where as in our case its the exact opposite.

What a ridiculous anti-Pakistan rant.

Half of it doesn't even make any sense. The last paragraph is almost completely nonsensical.

As usual another topic started by Indian to showcase his hypocrisy against Pakistan........they never let pass any day to write something against Pakistan.

They evoke God but they do not follow true Islam; it is almost as if religion is the last resort and turning to God can alleviate all sins. They do not pray five times a day.
Then According to your logic which Islamic country really follows the true Islam ???

Why don't peoples look their own country before commenting on others.....how foreigner women are treated in India everybody knows.....they are gang raped....and now India is becoming the number one country in Gang Rapes.......

A Country where Even Gay Marriage is allowed now........People drink the pie of cow......women are buried alive with their dead husband.............are those peoples have right to comment on others ???

Its hard to pin point what exactly is she trying to say, we are liars and dont pray, thats all I got.

Depends on what your description of western is.

She also had a problem with the Hollywood word Nigger being used by the kids who think its cool. Begs to think who the hell she was hanging out with? She wanted the same hypocrite kids using that word to be praying 5 times a day? The only idiot children I ever saw who could be remotely pakistani and use that word hang out in this forum. I always believe that you are who you hang out with. Kids and retards have no country or religion to represent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Country Latest Posts

Back
Top Bottom